31 posts / 0 new
Last post
RobinKidderminster's picture
RE: Formula 1 - 2014 season

Best race for years. Every minute. Magic

Yamaha V2065. MS Mezzo 5.1 Panasonic 42. Sony BD. Garrard 86SB. WD Live TV. SkyHD.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/lounge-hc-signature-update-bass-traps

skippy's picture

Great race, good to see there was no issue at the end with Lewis and Nico. Lewis would not give this one up.

Good racing at all points of the race, Mercedes's true pace has been revealed At probably 2 - 2.5 seconds/lap ahead of the rest.

Hopefully it will take the emphasis off the rule changes and settle that down.

See the look on Luca di M's face, didn't look at all happy, but it is up to them to react. They definitely look as though they are going backwards.

ukdavej's picture

skippy wrote:
Great race, 

Finally we can use that phrase in the correct context - it was a RACE Smile

I guess one could say Mercedes are the new Red Bull in terms of out gunning the rest, but it's still good to watch. Good results for Perez too.

Really excellent to see Williams back in the front group again.

On the Vettel front, some unrest in the RB camp with the technology it seems (although, right or wrong, it simply sounds like sour grapes) although it doesn't seem to be affecting young Riccardo as much as Billy one finger.

As for the car noise, who cares!

byakuya83's picture

Mercedes ahead of the pack. Marussia and Caterham battling for best loser. And everyone between is competing. Should be an excellent season. Great to see Williams back to form.

Diamond Joe's picture

I was sorry to see Stefano Domenicali fall on his sword today, he seems like a genuinely nice chap, whether Ferrari's problems are down to poor leadership from him I don't know, time may answer that question.

Lost Angeles's picture

I know nearly everyone has lost interest but a Williams front row lockout-amazing. I said last year they were fast heading to the back of the grid, how wrong can you be.:oops:

Michell Orbe SE. Origin Live Illustrious 2/3. Transfiguration Axia S. Roksan amps. Dali Epicon 3 speakers.

Jota180's picture

It's a funny old sport.  They change the rules and parameters in major ways which results in one team dominating.  Then the next time they change the rules, some other team hits the front.

The result for me is I look at race winners and think, that was the car because last year you'd have been 10th.  Then the guy in 10th this year would have been first last year.

In a sport like that I find I myself not being able to give the drivers the credit they're possibly due.  If it was a one make series with the same kit then talent would be king.  Right now, engineers and aerodynamicists are king and the driver who has the best, wins.

chebby's picture

Jota180 wrote:

It's a funny old sport.  They change the rules and parameters in major ways which results in one team dominating.  Then the next time they change the rules, some other team hits the front.

The result for me is I look at race winners and think, that was the car because last year you'd have been 10th.  Then the guy in 10th this year would have been first last year.

In a sport like that I find I myself not being able to give the drivers the credit they're possibly due.  If it was a one make series with the same kit then talent would be king.  Right now, engineers and aerodynamicists are king and the driver who has the best, wins.

So?

That's what makes it more engrossing to me. Technology and rules and drivers and tyres and pit discipline and circuits and a hundred other factors go into the mix.

Putting all the drivers into identical cars would be boring.

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

Diamond Joe's picture
You know what, I've just come

You know what, I've just come to the conclusion that Hamilton is jinxed. I don't know who he crossed but I don't think he's ever going to win the championship again!! 

Lost Angeles's picture
Diamond Joe wrote:

Diamond Joe wrote:

You know what, I've just come to the conclusion that Hamilton is jinxed. I don't know who he crossed but I don't think he's ever going to win the championship again!! 

Well he wasn't jinxed in the race.

Michell Orbe SE. Origin Live Illustrious 2/3. Transfiguration Axia S. Roksan amps. Dali Epicon 3 speakers.

Diamond Joe's picture
You're right, no sign of the

You're right, no sign of the jinx today. What a crazy race, more like that please Bernie.  Yahoo

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
What a wonderful world it is

What a wonderful world it is for the rich and powerful.

Up on a bribery charge? No problem, you can quite legally bribe your way out of it.  Shok

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

The_Lhc's picture
Only in Germany, you couldn't

Only in Germany, you couldn't do that here. Fraud and tax evasion yes, bribery, no.

Glacialpath's picture
Jota180 wrote:

Jota180 wrote:

On one hand I agree. To much has been taken out of the drivers hands and the wrong sort of things put back in. The drivers should be called Pilots now.

IMO there has to be a top of the ladder sport and F1 is it. The technology inovations they come up with in time filter to the rest of us. It has become to much of a testing ground and less about the racing. Though the last few races have been amazing now the teams are closing the gap to the Mercs.

GP2 and GP3 are where the talant shows as all the cars are the same. My wife and I watch those races too, she's not so hot on F1 though.

I think the teams should be given the same amount of money each year and cap it. Then see what kind of cars each team can make. Keep the rules like no double defuser, No FRIC if you like. It's almost a shame Mercades were aloud to keep the twin turbo system on the car but of course they couldn't suddenly rebuild it before the season started. I don't know why the other teams didn't think of it.

Danni Ric may have come around 10th last year and this year he's winning but you can't say whole heartedly it's because he has a superior car. Yes it's better than the Torro Rosso but it's nothing compared to last years Redbull car. MaClaran have just made a bum car again. Ferarri might as well give up, though as usual Alonso is driving the wheels of of it. Marussia and Caterham can't make better cars due to lack of money. Lotus have faild and signed a poor driver, Williams are doing much better I happy to see and Force India and Sauber haven't changed much and Torro Rosso seem to be doing ok. If not for Kyvyat's rooky mistakes would be doing much better.

I think Lewis is the fastest driver on track. Nico Rosburg is the technician. Vettel is a rubbish as I've always thought. I'm still convinced he only one 3 of the 4 championships due to the car and nothing else and Danni Ric has proved it. Webber threw 2010 away as it should have been his.

Kimi just can't get on top of the car and should have had a race ban for reentering the track unsafely at Silverstone. Massa will never be as fast again as he used to be and Sutil should never have been aloud back into F1

Aside form the Mercs I think the field is pretty close. Even Marussia have made a few steps forward regards pace. Lets see what happens in the second half of the season.

Hi-Fi: Campridge audio D500 SE, DACMagic 1, C500, P500.. Monitor Audio BR1 speakers.

H-T: Pioneer; Kuro LX5090, BDP LX71, SC LX73. CA P500. SKY+HD. Rel Q50. Mordaunt Short Avant.

Diamond Joe's picture
(No subject)

Biggrin

Pages