205 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
Alec wrote:

Alec wrote:

when you say you had no luck with the Dr?

I doubt very much that not eating after lunch is sustainable. I also doubt that this thread is helping you much, to be honest.

 

sorry, I am having problems posting, the doctor didn't say much at all, apart from 

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
gel wrote:

gel wrote:

Alec wrote:

when you say you had no luck with the Dr?

I doubt very much that not eating after lunch is sustainable. I also doubt that this thread is helping you much, to be honest.

 

sorry, I am having problems posting, the doctor didn't say much at all, apart from see the nurse tomorrow for some tips.  My medication is putting on weight now.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
gel wrote:

gel wrote:

gel wrote:

Alec wrote:

when you say you had no luck with the Dr?

I doubt very much that not eating after lunch is sustainable. I also doubt that this thread is helping you much, to be honest.

 

sorry, I am having problems posting, the doctor didn't say much at all, apart from see the nurse tomorrow for some tips.  My medication isn't  putting on weight now.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

gel wrote:

I just don't eat anything after lunch, I have lost 6 pounds

Not good for you, and you'll start getting hungry in the evening, and then temptation will get the better of you.

I have almond and raisin granola for breakfast at 7, a sandwich at 10, another sandwich at 1, then for evening meal (at around 6.30) I have plenty of salad with salmon or tuna fillets (or both), and no carbs. Weight is coming off, yet I'm never hungry, and I'm eating plenty. 

Diets don't work, because you end up starving yourself, you just have to eat healthily, and cut the carbs from the evening meal to a minimum, and replace them with plenty of salad. 

Carbs are important, but eat them before 1pm.

Cheers BBB, very helpful I will give it a shot.  

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Alec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 19 hours ago
Joined: 08/10/2007 - 21:06
Posts: 6105
OK,

well I don't think any further contribution from me would be helpful I'm afraid. Good luck.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
Alec wrote:

Alec wrote:

well I don't think any further contribution from me would be helpful I'm afraid. Good luck.

Cheers for the help.  I don't think skipping meals is sustainable either, so I will try the no carb for evening meal a shot.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11033
gel wrote:

gel wrote:

professorhat wrote:

gel wrote:

The healthy evening meals don't seem to be working. 

What have you been eating and, crucially, how much of it have you been eating? How big are your dinner plates? We have ones which are 10" in diameter, and about half of that space is just bare space when dinner is served (if you pushed it all up together). You can eat healthy and still eat too much!

I was eating a jacket potato with steak, gammon steak or sausages, what do you think?  Tried pasta but no luck there.  

Personally, I wouldn't consider gammon steak or sausages as particularly "healthy", but I guess they're better than a micromave ready meal Smile

Try to find more stuff with chicken / turkey or fish - much healthier meat with less fat. Protein makes you feel full, so have a good portion of this, and most of the rest should be vegetables, maybe with a few potatoes (like 2 or 3 new potatoes), or a small portion of rice on the side.

And in my mind, a jacket potato is a meal, not a side! Keep us posted on what the nurse says.

 

The owls are not what they seem...

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
professorhat wrote:

professorhat wrote:

gel wrote:

professorhat wrote:

gel wrote:

The healthy evening meals don't seem to be working. 

What have you been eating and, crucially, how much of it have you been eating? How big are your dinner plates? We have ones which are 10" in diameter, and about half of that space is just bare space when dinner is served (if you pushed it all up together). You can eat healthy and still eat too much!

I was eating a jacket potato with steak, gammon steak or sausages, what do you think?  Tried pasta but no luck there.  

Personally, I wouldn't consider gammon steak or sausages as particularly "healthy", but I guess they're better than a micromave ready meal Smile

Try to find more stuff with chicken / turkey or fish - much healthier meat with less fat. Protein makes you feel full, so have a good portion of this, and most of the rest should be vegetables, maybe with a lfew potatoes (like 2 or 3 new potatoes), or a small portion of rice on the side.

And in my mind, a jacket potato is a meal, not a side! Keep us posted on what the nurse says.

 

Will do, cheers for the help.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13647
I saw the nurse, and I have

I saw the nurse, and I have to do a food, drink and exercise diary and then go back in a week.  She has recorded my weight too.  So promising start.  Dinner for tonight chicken, boiled potatoes and vegetables.  Hoping this works.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s. Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments