29 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
The Adventure Continues

Here:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Mysterious-Cities-Gold-Adventure/dp/B00GYW2JNE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1385931928&sr=8-8&keywords=mysterious+cities+of+gold

 

Ordered!   :cheer:

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 5131
RE: The Adventure Continues

I remember watching that as a kid. :grin:

Hi-Fi - PC > AVI DM10 > AVI Subwoofer

Head-Fi - PC > Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6640
RE: The Adventure Continues

I've got, but never watched, the DVD set. Not sure the source material will up to HD standard. That's what I'll be telling myself anyway. 

I am the danger. 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

steve_1979 wrote:

I remember watching that as a kid. :grin:

 

Same.   :). It was my favourite programme.

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

BenLaw wrote:

I've got, but never watched, the DVD set. Not sure the source material will up to HD standard. That's what I'll be telling myself anyway. 

 

I have the DVD set too, but mine is starting to wear, so I am looking forward to owning this one on Blu-ray.

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

The new series is on Sky now too.   Smile

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 14/01/2009 - 12:49
Posts: 1502
RE: The Adventure Continues

gel wrote:
I have the DVD set too, but mine is starting to wear

That's the problem with contactless optical digital media. Do you make sure you rewind the discs after playing them? That can help reduce wear.

And so, on Feb 22nd 1966,...

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

spiny norman wrote:

gel wrote:
I have the DVD set too, but mine is starting to wear

That's the problem with contactless optical digital media. Do you make sure you rewind the discs after playing them? That can help reduce wear.

 

Worn.   :).   It is pretty worn out, this is why I don't like DVDs!

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16968
RE: The Adventure Continues

gel wrote:

It is pretty worn out, this is why I don't like DVDs!

Can you define what you mean by 'worn out' please?

Our oldest (and often most played) DVDs are still working as they did the day we bought them. 

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 14/01/2009 - 12:49
Posts: 1502
RE: The Adventure Continues

chebby wrote:
Can you define what you mean by 'worn out' please?

Our oldest (and often most played) DVDs are still working as they did the day we bought them.

That was the source of my confusion.

And so, on Feb 22nd 1966,...

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

chebby wrote:

gel wrote:

It is pretty worn out, this is why I don't like DVDs!

Can you define what you mean by 'worn out' please?

Our oldest (and often most played) DVDs are still working as they did the day we bought them. 

 

It keeps freezing/jumping and not working right.  This is a common problem I have with DVDs, not once have I had this problem with a Blu-ray.

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 4192
RE: The Adventure Continues

Perhaps they are scratched or dirty, fingerprints ror example.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

simonlewis wrote:

Perhaps they are scratched or dirty, fingerprints ror example.

 

Possibly, yep.

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

The_Lhc's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 hour 58 min ago
Joined: 16/10/2008 - 13:23
Posts: 13643
RE: The Adventure Continues

gel wrote:

simonlewis wrote:

Perhaps they are scratched or dirty, fingerprints ror example.

 

Possibly, yep.

Possibly? Turn the discs over and have a look perhaps? Clean them?

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: The Adventure Continues

The_Lhc wrote:

gel wrote:

simonlewis wrote:

Perhaps they are scratched or dirty, fingerprints ror example.

 

Possibly, yep.

Possibly? Turn the discs over and have a look perhaps? Clean them?

 

I never have to with Blu-rays though.   Smile  Yep, I will have to clean them I guess.

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16968
RE: The Adventure Continues

Never had to clean a CD or a DVD (or Blu-ray) yet.

Just exercise a tiny bit of care in handling them, when loading / unloading, and stick 'em straight back in the case after play.

 

 

iPad Mini 3 (128GB) • Bowers & Wilkins P3 • Mac Mini • AirPort Extreme • AirPlay • iTunes • Marantz M-CR603  • Rega R3

Pages

Log in or register to post comments