1) Take turns to nominate three films, by number above.
2) Members vote on preferred film in a 1,2,3 order. Film 1 gets 3 points, film 2 gets 2 points, film three gets one point.
3) Film with most pooints is the film to be watched.
4) You have two weeks to watch (TBD).
5) No discussion until everybody has seen it.
6) Discussion can start after everyone has seen it and does not have to wait two weeks - eg if everybody watches it on day one, we don't have to wait
7) You can discuss as long as you want, but new film nomination starts immediately - ie no moratorium on previous fims, but move on to selection of next film immediately.
Cambridge Audio StreamMagic 6 | 751BD | 651A | Diamond 9.1 | Minx Xi | Sonos Play:3
Moderator. mail: john.duncan.whf at the mail of g dot com
I've made proposals for some of the rules, feel free to object, agree, change, and add new rules, and when we're all agreed and happy to proceed, we'll start to watch films at the beginning of next month.
1. One member proposes 3 films at the beginning of each month, the other members choose one of those three films to view during that month. The film with the most votes is the film which will be viewed by all members. If 2 or more films get equal votes, the proposer gets the casting vote, as long as the proposed film is available to all members.
2. There are 6 full members, but sub-members are free to watch the films, give opinions on the films watched, and recommend films, though only full members will be able to propose films. The recommendations will be there to aid full members only.
Can't really think of anything else, other than the promotion and relegation of members/sub-members. I think this should be down to all the full members if they feel that a member is not actively playing there part, and a sub-member would be a better full member, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.
LOUNGE: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 (is poorly) / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929
BEDROOM: Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001
The first rule of Film Club is: You DO NOT talk about Film Club.
I wondered how long it would be before somebody said it.
Film4 have a World Cinema slot every Thursday at 11am:
That could work.
I think the rest of the month, as you have to purchase,wait for, and find time to watch the film.
I think wait until the next month, but I'd be prepared to change if we were all waiting about for weeks having viewed the film.
As soon as I posted two weeks, I realised that wouldn't be enough time. These might not always be the easiest films to source, so your suggestion of a month is better.
I think we've got ourselves some nice roules! You've my vote!
Do you mean roubles? Are we getting *paid* for this? If so, may I suggest the US Dollar as a more stable currency please.
and how about the red wine i've read...?
And here it is:
All seems sensible to me, including the month rather than two weeks. For (7), I'd say a new film can be suggested as soon as everyone's watched the last film and had some time for discussion. That'll probably mostly be the full month anyway I'd guess.
From your comment about non-members making suggestions I think this is built in, but it seems sensible to allow for some discussion time before the a proposal of three films is made.
As for wine, perhaps the proposer could also suggest an appropriate accompanying tipple?
HiFi / A/V / Bedroom
an assortment of cheeses...
Well if we're watching a French film it should allow a wide choice of both cheese and wine.
© 2014 Haymarket Publishing