Have your say & ask the experts!

J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

39 replies [Last post]
BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5967

http://m.mtv.com/news/article.rbml?id=1700760&weburl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.mtv.com%2fnews%2farticles%2f1700760%2fjj-abrams-star-wars-episode-vii.jhtml&alt=http%3a%2f%2fm.mtv.com%2fnews%2findex.rbml&cid=300

 

Try a shorter link: http://m.imdb.com/news/ni45651448/

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 10895
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Might be worth watching then....

__________________

David @Frank Harvey Hi-Fi, Coventry

Official Record Store Day participants!

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Nov 2010
Posts: 2846
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Ooh, good news.  Star Trek an Fringe were both excelent, so high hopes restored Smile

__________________

Paul's system thread

(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12628
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

Clare Newsome's picture
Offline
Joined: 4 Jun 2007
Posts: 13943
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Well Simon Pegg - obviously v.close to JJ Abrams due to Star Trek role - tweeted an hour ago: "Congratulations JJ. No pressure. :-)"

And Lucasfilm insiders are discussing it as if it's a done deal, too

__________________

Group Marketing & PR Manager - Computers Unlimited;

Former Group Editor of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and Whathifi.com

Twitter: @ClareNewsome

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Nov 2010
Posts: 2846
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

The_Lhc wrote:

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

 

make it three cream eggs and ill take that bet Tongue

__________________

Paul's system thread

(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page

6th.replicant's picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Oct 2007
Posts: 3005
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Confirmed   cheer

Here's to lots of lens flare and roles for Sidney and Jack Bristow  beauty, eh

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12628
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

6th.replicant wrote:

Confirmed   cheer

That's not confirmation at all, the Guardian article is just referencing another gossip website! It'll be confirmed when Abrams and/or Lucasfilm/Disney say it's happening.

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12628
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

make it three cream eggs and ill take that bet Tongue

YUK!!

Paul.'s picture
Offline
Joined: 26 Nov 2010
Posts: 2846
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

The_Lhc wrote:

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

make it three cream eggs and ill take that bet Tongue

YUK!!

!?!  Seriously?  I see we are destined to disagree about everything...

__________________

Paul's system thread

(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12628
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

make it three cream eggs and ill take that bet Tongue

YUK!!

!?!  Seriously?  I see we are destined to disagree about everything...

Yup, I like Cadbury's chocolate usually but the egg filling is too much for my palatte.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11599
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

The_Lhc wrote:

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

make it three cream eggs and ill take that bet Tongue

YUK!!

!?!  Seriously?  I see we are destined to disagree about everything...

Yup, I like Cadbury's chocolate usually but the egg filling is too much for my palatte.

 

I just had a big box of creme eggs as a Xmas present from Costco!  Yum yum.  Smile

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12628
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

Paul. wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

I'd bet a pound (a whole pound mind you) that he doesn't.

make it three cream eggs and ill take that bet Tongue

YUK!!

!?!  Seriously?  I see we are destined to disagree about everything...

Yup, I like Cadbury's chocolate usually but the egg filling is too much for my palatte.

I just had a big box of creme eggs as a Xmas present from Costco!  Yum yum.  Smile

I see. Paul would like to offer you a wager...

Big Chris's picture
Offline
Joined: 3 Apr 2008
Posts: 5502
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

I could do a dozen creme eggs in 10 minutes.... They're lovely.

__________________

Hi-Fi: Arcam A85, P85, CD192. B&W 602S3, PV1, Grado SR125, Atlas Titan, Hyper 2.0.

A/V: Sony KDL-V40A12U, BDP-S760, Humax Youview, Onkyo TX-SR875, B&W MT30 7.1, QED HDMI-P, S.A XT

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12628
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

The egg stuff burns the back of my throat, don't know why, I'll stick to gobbling on a flake I think...

Clare Newsome's picture
Offline
Joined: 4 Jun 2007
Posts: 13943
RE: J.J. Abrams to direct next Star Wars film?

gel wrote:

[had a big box of creme eggs as a Xmas present

Wrong, I tell you, just WRONG! Smile

__________________

Group Marketing & PR Manager - Computers Unlimited;

Former Group Editor of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and Whathifi.com

Twitter: @ClareNewsome