Prices from Dealers
I am interested in an amplifier from a well-known brand in the £2k price range. I rang 5 dealers yesterday to enquire about pricing/availabilty.
I was shocked by the response :
- one said "we never discuss pricing on the phone". ????
- one offered me £40 off RRP as "an Easter special" !!!
- one said he'd have to stick to RRP !
- one said he couldn't quote as his manager had "gone home early" !!!!
- one said he'd have to call me back "within an hour" as his brand specialist had popped out. 24 hours later and still no call.
Was I just unlucky, or is this an indication of why the hifi industry is struggling ??