36 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13002
Technosound Milton Keynes Goes Bust!

Just heard, not good at all!

 

https://www.facebook.com/TechnosoundLtd

 

Where I got my first taste for Pioneer amps and Blu-ray players, TVs and B&W speakers - sad times!

 

They were in WHF as part of a savvy shopper experience too.

 

Very sad news, they did my installation work too.  No home cinema shop in Milton Keynes now except for Richer Sounds.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

blackbird1100's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 days ago
Joined: 18/04/2011 - 14:38
Posts: 1
Technosound,Milton Keynes.

The only independent Hi-Fi dealer in M.K. gone! Expect they could not compete with the likes of Richer Sounds and John Lewis.Got my Grados,Project record Deck and Musical Fidelity Headphone Amp from there.Shame.

scene's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 25/09/2008 - 12:48
Posts: 2977
RE: Technosound Milton Keynes Goes Bust!

Another sad loss of an independent Sad

I'm starting to think we should have a sub-forum off the "There's this shop near me..."

Maybe  "There's no longer this shop near me..."

Or "Gone, but not forgotten..."

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13002
RE: Technosound,Milton Keynes.

blackbird1100 wrote:
The only independent Hi-Fi dealer in M.K. gone! Expect they could not compete with the likes of Richer Sounds and John Lewis.Got my Grados,Project record Deck and Musical Fidelity Headphone Amp from there.Shame.

 

Yep, I spoke with Richard the manager the other day, and they could simply not reach the repayments, and had to call in the administrators.  I always wondered how they manage to survive, and with John Lewis under cutting TV prices could not have helped.  A big shame for sure.

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Diamond Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 01/03/2008 - 14:35
Posts: 1297
Oh no, that's a real shame, I

Oh no, that's a real shame, I nearly bought a pair of PMC DB1is from them a while back, they couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Very sorry to see them go. :cry:

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13002
RE: Technosound Milton Keynes Goes Bust!

I still can't believe it - no!  

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16531
gel wrote: Just heard, not

gel wrote:

Just heard, not good at all!

 

https://www.facebook.com/TechnosoundLtd

 

Where I got my first taste for Pioneer amps and Blu-ray players, TVs and B&W speakers - sad times!

 

They were in WHF as part of a savvy shopper experience too.

 

Very sad news, they did my installation work too.  No home cinema shop in Milton Keynes now except for Richer Sounds.

I blame the concrete cows...

On a more serious note, we are all to blame. Yet another perfect example how the internet has made people EDITED lazy.

IMO, those who purchase AV and hi-fi solely from the internet aren't true music lovers. Who's suffering? we all are: shops and the knock-on effect is there for all to see. The high street is dying. Power to the people!

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3521
RE: gel wrote: Just heard, not

This isn't the end pp, as one dies another will emerge, for example as comet ceased trading i bought my washing machine from (aol) appliances online.   Smile

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13002
RE: gel wrote:Just heard, not

plastic penguin wrote:
gel wrote:

Just heard, not good at all!

 

https://www.facebook.com/TechnosoundLtd

 

Where I got my first taste for Pioneer amps and Blu-ray players, TVs and B&W speakers - sad times!

 

They were in WHF as part of a savvy shopper experience too.

 

Very sad news, they did my installation work too.  No home cinema shop in Milton Keynes now except for Richer Sounds.

I blame the concrete cows... On a more serious note, we are all to blame. Yet another perfect example how the internet has made people EDITED lazy. IMO, those who purchase AV and hi-fi solely from the internet aren't true music lovers. Who's suffering? we all are: shops and the knock-on effect is there for all to see. The high street is dying. Power to the people!

 

I tried to support them the best I could.  I bought two Pioneer amps, a Blu ray player and paid for three installations.  Most of their prices I simply could not afford though.  

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16531
RE: gel wrote: Just heard, not

simonlewis wrote:

This isn't the end pp, as one dies another will emerge, for example as comet ceased trading i bought my washing machine from (aol) appliances online.   Smile

Yes it is. The high street headstone was scupltured years ago, but it is only now, as the high street becomes a wasteland, that people are starting to take note. The only retailers that will emerge are coffee shops, fast food chains and supermarkets. The idependent dealer is slowly become a part of our heritage, rather than a building block.

There used to be a good little hi-fi shop in Leatherhead. Gone. All record shops within 15 miles of my house. Gone.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

laserman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 23/11/2007 - 18:17
Posts: 2259
RE: gel wrote: Just heard, not

plastic penguin wrote:

simonlewis wrote:

This isn't the end pp, as one dies another will emerge, for example as comet ceased trading i bought my washing machine from (aol) appliances online.   Smile

Yes it is. The high street headstone was scupltured years ago, but it is only now, as the high street becomes a wasteland, that people are starting to take note. The only retailers that will emerge are coffee shops, fast food chains and supermarkets. The idependent dealer is slowly become a part of our heritage, rather than a building block.

There used to be a good little hi-fi shop in Leatherhead. Gone. All record shops within 15 miles of my house. Gone.

And yet there are people on this forum continually posting the lowest prices they can find on the net for all manner of items, including the OP.

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16531
RE: gel wrote: Just heard, not

laserman16 wrote:

plastic penguin wrote:

simonlewis wrote:

This isn't the end pp, as one dies another will emerge, for example as comet ceased trading i bought my washing machine from (aol) appliances online.   Smile

Yes it is. The high street headstone was scupltured years ago, but it is only now, as the high street becomes a wasteland, that people are starting to take note. The only retailers that will emerge are coffee shops, fast food chains and supermarkets. The idependent dealer is slowly become a part of our heritage, rather than a building block.

There used to be a good little hi-fi shop in Leatherhead. Gone. All record shops within 15 miles of my house. Gone.

And yet there are people on this forum continually posting the lowest prices they can find on the net for all manner of items, including the OP.

Which is good. Yet if you take a little time out and look at different high street dealers, there are equally good deals to be had.

As I said before before the internet has made people lazy. Never know you might be surprised.

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

simonlewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3521
RE: gel wrote: Just heard, not

You only have to look at argos first of all they did argos tv, they have stopped doing that now but they have started doing click and collect on ebay.

News story here.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13002
RE: gel wrote: Just heard, not

laserman16 wrote:

plastic penguin wrote:

simonlewis wrote:

This isn't the end pp, as one dies another will emerge, for example as comet ceased trading i bought my washing machine from (aol) appliances online.   Smile

Yes it is. The high street headstone was scupltured years ago, but it is only now, as the high street becomes a wasteland, that people are starting to take note. The only retailers that will emerge are coffee shops, fast food chains and supermarkets. The idependent dealer is slowly become a part of our heritage, rather than a building block.

There used to be a good little hi-fi shop in Leatherhead. Gone. All record shops within 15 miles of my house. Gone.

And yet there are people on this forum continually posting the lowest prices they can find on the net for all manner of items, including the OP.

 

That is what the hot deals section is for.   Smile

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

noddy1977's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 6 days ago
Joined: 03/02/2011 - 10:17
Posts: 22
Technosound Milton Keynes Goes Bust!

Gutted all my equipment came from them.

See below signature for items brought.

Must of spent 15k in there over the years and my cousin worked there as an installer, a great shame the shop has closed, my nearest shop now is in wellingborough for high end equipment!

Recently brought a pair of B&W 804's but Technosound couldn't facilitate my purchase as not a diamond dealer however David is a diamond geezer thanks for all your help over the past decade.

Sorry Richer Sounds nothing against you but you don't cover high end equipment

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13002
RE: Technosound Milton Keynes Goes Bust!

noddy1977 wrote:
Gutted all my equipment came from them. See below signature for items brought. Must of spent 15k in there over the years and my cousin worked there as an installer, a great shame the shop has closed, my nearest shop now is in wellingborough for high end equipment! Recently brought a pair of B&W 804's but Technosound couldn't facilitate my purchase as not a diamond dealer however David is a diamond geezer thanks for all your help over the past decade. Sorry Richer Sounds nothing against you but you don't cover high end equipment

 

Same, I am really gutted!  

Home cinema system: Panasonic 50VT65 (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments