4 posts / 0 new
Last post
richardw42's picture
Disgo 6000 7" Tablet

As this can now be purchased for a really low price. A friend of mine is considering getting one for the prime use as a Sonos controller (using the Android app), everything else it does is a bit of a bonus. Has anybody got any experience of this tablet. Obviously iPad levels of performance are a little too much to expect but for 65 quid could it be worth a go ?

bigboss's picture
RE: Disgo 6000 7" Tablet

As far as I'm aware, Disgo has some serious limitations:

1) The touchscreen is resistive & terrible to use.

2) There isn't even the official Android Market apps store included, with the tablet-centric SlideMe included instead. The official Sonos app is not even available in it: http://slideme.org/

I don't think it will suit your needs well.

Paul.'s picture

You can install apps manualy to the flash card if you want too, but the 'terrible to use' comment still stands.  Save up a bit more for a capacitive screen tablet, and pray to the tech gods that the Kindle Fire gets a UK release date Smile

richardw42's picture

Cheers. Guess even at 65 quid it's not going to happen. Even as an iPad user I am looking forward to the kindle Fire.

If, if I was to switch to android for phone & tablet, how easy easy would it be to get music / films out of iTunes. Or is it a case of re-ripping. Also what about iTunes downloads ?