10 posts / 0 new
Last post
John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23065
Amazon Prime
English

Whilst the new kindle tablets look interesting in their own right

www.whathifi.com/news/amazon-launches-kindle-fire-to-rival-ipad

what is this Amazon Prime streaming service of which they speak?!

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13032
RE: Amazon Prime

Finally, someone has got the pricing right to really challenge Apple!!!  :clap:

 

Kindle Fire appears to be a sure fire success, as long as it performs as promised.

 

Oh, & Amazon Prime streaming service appears very good indeed!!

 

 

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23065
RE: Amazon Prime

So hang on - I have Amazon Prime (as in the free postage thingie); does this mean I have this streaming free as well?  Or do I need a Kindle to use it?

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16198
RE: Amazon Prime

bigboss wrote:
Oh, & Amazon Prime streaming service appears very good indeed!!

 

I am a fully paid up 'Prime' member. Never seen the free  streaming offered before. (I thought Prime was purely for postage.

Can you provide a direct Amazon UK link please?

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13032
RE: Amazon Prime

John Duncan wrote:

So hang on - I have Amazon Prime (as in the free postage thingie); does this mean I have this streaming free as well?  Or do I need a Kindle to use it?

It's going to be for US customers only initially, & will come to UK soon. Yes, if you have Amazon Prime for free postage, you will get free streaming as well! As far as I'm aware, you should be able to stream movies onto your laptop. Amazon's on demand service is different to the Prime though, which means that newly released titles won't be eligible to feature in Amazon Prime.

Similar to Netflix, Amazon also has both its on-demand and Prime video services available on connected TVs and set-top boxes in the US. I'm sure even this feature will come to UK.....dunno when though.  Sad

chebby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 02/06/2008 - 09:40
Posts: 16198
RE: Amazon Prime

I can find free streaming for Prime members advertised on the USA amazon site, but when I log in to my USA account* I am not a Prime member there Sad

Where's our free streaming? We pay just as much for Prime as they do!

*I have bought books from amazon.com.

 

"We are currently awaiting the loading of our complement of small lemon-soaked paper napkins for your comfort, refreshment and hygiene during the journey."

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13032
RE: Amazon Prime

List of movies here.

 

You can watch it on your Mac or PC as well.

 

So now Amazon Prime offers more at the same price!

 

I knew it was coming since a few months now, it's now officially confirmed!

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 44 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 13032
RE: Amazon Prime

chebby wrote:

I can find free streaming for Prime members advertised on the USA amazon site, but when I log in to my USA account* I am not a Prime member there Sad

Where's our free streaming? We pay just as much for Prime as they do!

*I have bought books from amazon.com.

 

I don't think you can stream movies outside the US currently. Amazon hasn't announced UK release yet. I think it'll be somewhere around Spring 2012 at the earliest.

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23065
RE: Amazon Prime

bigboss wrote:

I don't think you can stream movies outside the US currently. Amazon hasn't announced UK release yet. I think it'll be somewhere around Spring 2012 at the earliest.

Bastards

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

grdunn123's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 13 hours ago
Joined: 24/09/2007 - 19:51
Posts: 1536
RE: Amazon Prime

bigboss wrote:

Finally, someone has got the pricing right to really challenge Apple!!!  :clap:

 

Kindle Fire appears to be a sure fire success, as long as it performs as promised.

 

Oh, & Amazon Prime streaming service appears very good indeed!!

 

 

I have a Kindle Fire arriving in mid December - I'll let you know how it performs.

Log in or register to post comments