Have your say & ask the experts!

Tomorrow in Bristol

8 replies [Last post]
CraigDS's picture

I am going to the Bristol show tomorrow for the first time and I was wondering if the hotel bar is open all day? (I am Scottish ) 

AEJim's picture
RE: Tomorrow in Bristol

Pretty sure it is (not that I get much chance to see it!)  Crying

Brand Manager, Acoustic Energy Ltd.

Yup Smile

David @Frank Harvey Hi-Fi, Coventry

Official Record Store Day participants!

CraigDS's picture

I got a beer. Two actually. I enjoyed my day but one day isn't enough. The Neat Iiotas were amazing for size but I don't think many people will use them with a £3k Naim Supernait. I thought the Onkyo room with the kef R Series was too much! The Kef Blades were excellent but the system I liked the most hidden away was the Linn DS and Dali Speakers. 

CnoEvil's picture

CraigDS wrote:

I got a beer. Two actually. I enjoyed my day but one day isn't enough. The Neat Iiotas were amazing for size but I don't think many people will use them with a £3k Naim Supernait. I thought the Onkyo room with the kef R Series was too much! The Kef Blades were excellent but the system I liked the most hidden away was the Linn DS and Dali Speakers. 

Hi Craig,

Was the DS a source only, or combined with the amp.....do you remember the model?

Cheers

Cno

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

CraigDS's picture

It was the new Klimax DSM & Klimax power amp. 

CnoEvil's picture

CraigDS wrote:

It was the new Klimax DSM & Klimax power amp. 

Thx Craig

Well that's headed straight to the top of the Linn Tree....never heard Linn with Dali before, and it sounds as if it made an impression.

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

CraigDS's picture

After linn upgraded their products with the Dynamik power supply and concentrated on stereo dealers have started to take notice. Today I heard a lot of Naim but even my hardened Naim dealer back home says it would be hard not to choose the Linn now. I know that the first Watt in an amp is the most important however powerful the amp is and the Dynamik Power Supply's makes the most of that first amp. I am sure someone can explain it comprehensively but it seems to work. 

6th.replicant's picture

CraigDS wrote:
 ... The Neat Iiotas were amazing for size but I don't think many people will use them with a £3k Naim Supernait ...

Although, having heard the Iotas (yesterday), they'd work well with a SuperUniti and one of REL's wee subs?