Have your say & ask the experts!

Anyone visit the Smyth Research room?

1 reply [Last post]
socrates's picture

Did anyone try out the Realiser which emulates any measured speaker system through headphones? I have one myself and love it.

I was all set to fly over from Dublin on Saturday for the day but had to cancel at the last moment.  I was looking forward to my second visit to the show, and meeting the Smyth guys as they've been very helpful with any issues or queries I've had.  

Hopefully I can get to the Manchester show later in the year. Are the two shows comparable, is one better than the other, or have a different focus, say Home Theatre versus Hi-Fi?

Sonic Dreamer's picture
RE: Shows: Manchester 2010/Bristol 2011

Yes, I tried it out; incredibly the Realiser delivered laudably convincing surround sound through stereo headphones!!  I was completely sceptical until I gave it a listen. Smile

Cheers,

SonicD

Marantz SA-KI Pearl SACD Player / Marantz PM-KI Pearl Integrated Amplifier / Yamaha DSP-Z7 AV Receiver / Pioneer BDP-LX91 Blu-ray Player / KEF KHT3005SE AV Surround Sound Speaker Package / Bowers & Wilkins PV1 Subwoofer Speaker / Philips Aurea LCD HD Television 40" Screen / Logitech Harmony 1100 Universal Remote Control / Atacama Equinox BB-3 AV (Audio Video) Equipment Stand / Chord Company Carnival SilverScreen Speaker Cable.Russ Andrews Signature PowerKord, 2 Metre Mains Power Cables x 2.Black Rhodium Polar Opera DCT Cables x 2 / QED Qunex Silver Reference HDMI Cables x 2 / QED Signature Subwoofer Cable.