Have your say & ask the experts!

PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

27 replies [Last post]
bigboss's picture

As boxy as the Xbox One, & undercutting it by £80:

http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

bigboss's picture
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

Note to self: with Joe Cox around, always check the news section first  banging head against wall

http://www.whathifi.com/news/playstation-4-uk-price-confirmed-as-%C2%A3349

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

lxd55's picture

Note to bb: should try checking your original post, was on there before jc  Smile

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/ps3/is-this-the-ps4

think you're too pre-occupied with your new motor, mind u don't blame you! Nice car  beauty, eh

Sony KDL-46NX713, Sony STR-DA5400ES, Marantz UD7006, Marantz NA7004 NAP, 4TB Linkstation Duo, Humax Foxsat-HDR,Wireless Buttkicker, B&W 684 front's bi-amped Chord Odyssey 4-4, B&W HTM62 Centre, B&W M1 rear's, MJ Acoustics Pro 50 MK II Sub, Atacama Equinox AV stands, Zeppelin Air, Ipad2, ATV3

bigboss's picture

Yes, I read that Smile

It was still a speculation at that time, and not a confirmation. Good to start a thread with a confirmed model.

bigboss's picture

It is a nice car! Smile

Getting used to the size....

manicm's picture

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

Arcam Solo Mini/Monitor Audio RX1/Cambridge Audio 751BD/Samsung 37” LCD

landzw's picture

There is a lot of rubbish flying arounf the net at the moment to do with PS4 & Xbox One , one source has claimed that the restictions of second hand games on the Xbox One is basicly a load of rubbish, though yes Xbox 360 games will not work.

Just take things with a pinch of salt until further details have been released by Sony and Microsoft because 3rd party news groups just love to talk

My Cheap Cheerful Setup

LG 50PA650T ,Talk Talk TV , Sony BDP-S4100 ,Now TV & Sound Organisation AV Rack 

Bose Soundlink, Shuffle With Bose SIE2 Sport Headphones

Joe Cox's picture

lxd55 wrote:

Note to bb: should try checking your original post, was on there before jc  Smile

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/ps3/is-this-the-ps4

think you're too pre-occupied with your new motor, mind u don't blame you! Nice car  beauty, eh

Well it was very close!  Smile

We'll have some more PS4 pictures and info online later today from our man in LA...

Editor, whathifi.com

Twitter TheRealJoeCox

Google+ Joe Cox

professorhat's picture

manicm wrote:

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

Where did you read it?

Sliced Bread's picture

I can see why they didn't show the PS4 at launch.  It's hideous. 

Still, as a current XBOX owner, I'm so far more tempted by the PS4 than XB One.

Samsung PS50Q96HD (Screen) | CA 640c V2 (CD) | Pioneer BDP 320 (BluRay) | Onkyo 905 (Amp) | B&W CM8, CMC & CM1 (Speakers) | MA RS-12 (Sub) | Chord Odyssey 4 (Speaker Cable) | Van den Hul - The Name (Interconnects)

manicm's picture

professorhat wrote:

manicm wrote:

Where did you read it?

Over to T3 old friend. Like Microsoft, Sony themselves will place no restrictions, but unlike MS they were being a touch too economical with the truth as third-party publishers can place restrictions.

manicm's picture

landzw wrote:

There is a lot of rubbish flying arounf the net at the moment to do with PS4 & Xbox One , one source has claimed that the restictions of second hand games on the Xbox One is basicly a load of rubbish, though yes Xbox 360 games will not work.

Just take things with a pinch of salt until further details have been released by Sony and Microsoft because 3rd party news groups just love to talk

landzw - this much is official and does not require further interpretation:

Both MS and Sony employ DRM (see my reply to ProfessorHat), insomuch as while they themselves place no restrictions, they will allow 3rd party publishers to do as they please for 2nd hand games. That's all there is to it.

bigboss's picture

manicm wrote:

professorhat wrote:

manicm wrote:

Where did you read it?

Over to T3 old friend. Like Microsoft, Sony themselves will place no restrictions, but unlike MS they were being a touch too economical with the truth as third-party publishers can place restrictions.

Well, Sony allowed publishers to region lock PS3 games, but the publishers hardly ever locked them. I don't see this as a problem.

manicm's picture

A bit too early too tell. The genres I love i.e. RPGs/adventure have no replay value for me, and I'd like to think that I could sell/trade them legally. But the publisher of Fallout, Bethseda(?) are still 'thinking about fees'. And I'll bet EA are 'thinking' too. And they have the games I love i.e. Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, as much as I'd love to hate the electronic fascists.

gel
gel's picture

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

bigboss's picture

At the moment, PS4 seems to have the upper hand: more powerful, almost no DRM, requires no internet connection and is £80 cheaper than the Xbox One.