28 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 14763
PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

As boxy as the Xbox One, & undercutting it by £80:

http://uk.playstation.com/ps4/

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 14763
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

Note to self: with Joe Cox around, always check the news section first  :wall:

http://www.whathifi.com/news/playstation-4-uk-price-confirmed-as-%C2%A3349

lxd55's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 24/01/2009 - 13:10
Posts: 112
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

Note to bb: should try checking your original post, was on there before jc  Smile

 

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/ps3/is-this-the-ps4

 

think you're too pre-occupied with your new motor, mind u don't blame you! Nice car  :cheers:

Samsung UE55HU8500, Sony DA5400ES
5.1 B&W 684's F, M1's R, HTM62 C, MJ Acoustics Pro 50Mk2 Sub. Wireless Buttkicker
BR: Marantz UD7006
NAP: Marantz NA7004, 4TB NAS
Misc: ATV3, NowTv, Shure 425 IE's, B&W P7's, iPad 2, Fiio X5 & E12 amp, Zep Air

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 14763
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

Yes, I read that Smile

It was still a speculation at that time, and not a confirmation. Good to start a thread with a confirmed model.

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 14763
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

It is a nice car! Smile

Getting used to the size....

manicm's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2008 - 12:57
Posts: 2851
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

landzw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 16 hours ago
Joined: 09/06/2009 - 15:36
Posts: 646
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

There is a lot of rubbish flying arounf the net at the moment to do with PS4 & Xbox One , one source has claimed that the restictions of second hand games on the Xbox One is basicly a load of rubbish, though yes Xbox 360 games will not work.

 

Just take things with a pinch of salt until further details have been released by Sony and Microsoft because 3rd party news groups just love to talk

Joe Cox's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 31/05/2007 - 10:07
Posts: 2091
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

lxd55 wrote:

Note to bb: should try checking your original post, was on there before jc  Smile

 

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/ps3/is-this-the-ps4

 

think you're too pre-occupied with your new motor, mind u don't blame you! Nice car  :cheers:

 

Well it was very close!  Smile

 

We'll have some more PS4 pictures and info online later today from our man in LA...

Editor, whathifi.com

professorhat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 10 hours ago
Joined: 28/12/2007 - 11:34
Posts: 11051
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

manicm wrote:

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

Where did you read it?

 

The owls are not what they seem...

Sliced Bread's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 28/07/2010 - 14:46
Posts: 1596
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

I can see why they didn't show the PS4 at launch.  It's hideous. 

Still, as a current XBOX owner, I'm so far more tempted by the PS4 than XB One.

 

manicm's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2008 - 12:57
Posts: 2851
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

professorhat wrote:

manicm wrote:

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

Where did you read it?

Over to T3 old friend. Like Microsoft, Sony themselves will place no restrictions, but unlike MS they were being a touch too economical with the truth as third-party publishers can place restrictions.

manicm's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2008 - 12:57
Posts: 2851
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

landzw wrote:

There is a lot of rubbish flying arounf the net at the moment to do with PS4 & Xbox One , one source has claimed that the restictions of second hand games on the Xbox One is basicly a load of rubbish, though yes Xbox 360 games will not work.

Just take things with a pinch of salt until further details have been released by Sony and Microsoft because 3rd party news groups just love to talk

landzw - this much is official and does not require further interpretation:

Both MS and Sony employ DRM (see my reply to ProfessorHat), insomuch as while they themselves place no restrictions, they will allow 3rd party publishers to do as they please for 2nd hand games. That's all there is to it.

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 14763
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

manicm wrote:

professorhat wrote:

manicm wrote:

Psst all you Xbox One haters: Sony has been lying to you. So secondhand games on the PS4 are unrestricted right? NO! Just read that, like the X1, it will allow publishers to place any restrictions they desire on secondhand games. So sorry, no free lunch for you as well.

At least Microsoft didn't hide anything from the public. This is downright deception on Sony's part.

Where did you read it?

Over to T3 old friend. Like Microsoft, Sony themselves will place no restrictions, but unlike MS they were being a touch too economical with the truth as third-party publishers can place restrictions.

Well, Sony allowed publishers to region lock PS3 games, but the publishers hardly ever locked them. I don't see this as a problem.

manicm's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2008 - 12:57
Posts: 2851
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

A bit too early too tell. The genres I love i.e. RPGs/adventure have no replay value for me, and I'd like to think that I could sell/trade them legally. But the publisher of Fallout, Bethseda(?) are still 'thinking about fees'. And I'll bet EA are 'thinking' too. And they have the games I love i.e. Fallout, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, as much as I'd love to hate the electronic fascists.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 15232
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

Got some comparisons here:

 

http://www.t3.com/features/microsoft-xbox-one-vs-sony-playstation-4

AV system: LG OLED 55EA980W TV, Samsung F7500 Blu-Ray player, Pioneer Sc-lx81 amp, B&W FPM series speakers & B&W PV1 subwoofer.  Gadgets: iPad 2 & iPhone 4s. Headphones: Beats Studio & Sennheiser Momentum.

 

bigboss's picture
Online
Last seen: 7 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 14763
RE: PS4 confirmed, will sell for £349

At the moment, PS4 seems to have the upper hand: more powerful, almost no DRM, requires no internet connection and is £80 cheaper than the Xbox One.

Pages

Log in or register to post comments