Have your say & ask the experts!

Whathifi is to slow (loading,reply,connection)

17 replies [Last post]
gasolin's picture
Offline
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 250

Is it just me or do you all have the same problems, i have 20/2 Mbits internet and many times it takes an extreme long time to long on to Whathifi,the forum, sometimes it takes about 20 sec to post a reply in the forum

 

 

__________________

Presonus 22vsl soundcard, Tc electronic level pilot and Krk Rokit Powered 5 G3 with isoacoustics stands

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Joined: 27 Apr 2004
Posts: 5707
RE: Whathifi is to slow (loading,reply,connection)

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

__________________

Andy Clough is Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

Twitter @AndrewClough

Google+ Andy Clough

Benedict_Arnold's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 741
RE: Whathifi is to slow (loading,reply,connection)

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

simonlewis's picture
Online
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 3063
RE: Whathifi is to slow (loading,reply,connection)

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable >)

rolling on the floor laughing

__________________

formerly known as slewis ---

simon's system

cloverleaf146's picture
Offline
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 170
RE:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

__________________

Panasonic VT50B / Pioneer VSX- LX55 / SKY+ HD 2TB / Sony BD370 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Isotek MIRA / QED Cables

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12588
RE:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

That "joke" makes no sense, the mains cable one, fine, it's not funny but at least there's a modicum of sense behind it but a webserver doesn't have any use for hdmi, so where's the humour?

I know it's impossible to expect people not to make the same tedious gags at every possible opportunity but for the love of dog at least give them a second's thought.

Oh yeah, new me, right, right... Please?

gasolin's picture
Offline
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 250
RE: Whathifi is to slow (loading,reply,connection)

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

 

Thanks for the info

__________________

Presonus 22vsl soundcard, Tc electronic level pilot and Krk Rokit Powered 5 G3 with isoacoustics stands

gasolin's picture
Offline
Joined: 17 Mar 2013
Posts: 250
RE:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

 

The new best buy,5 star, class leader 200 quid HDMI cable  Cool

__________________

Presonus 22vsl soundcard, Tc electronic level pilot and Krk Rokit Powered 5 G3 with isoacoustics stands

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12588
RE:

gasolin wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

 

The new best buy,5 star, class leader 200 quid HDMI cable  Cool

*sigh*

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5903
RE:

The_Lhc wrote:

gasolin wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

 

The new best buy,5 star, class leader 200 quid HDMI cable  Cool

*sigh*

 

I would have forgiven a great deal less restraint than that.

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

Benedict_Arnold's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 741
RE:

The_Lhc wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

That "joke" makes no sense, the mains cable one, fine, it's not funny but at least there's a modicum of sense behind it but a webserver doesn't have any use for hdmi, so where's the humour? I know it's impossible to expect people not to make the same tedious gags at every possible opportunity but for the love of dog at least give them a second's thought. Oh yeah, new me, right, right... Please?

 

You're obviously one of those people who'd talk all the fun out of a [CENSORED].shame on you

cloverleaf146's picture
Offline
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 170
RE: RE:

Apparently book burning is making a comeback.

__________________

Panasonic VT50B / Pioneer VSX- LX55 / SKY+ HD 2TB / Sony BD370 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Isotek MIRA / QED Cables

simonlewis's picture
Online
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 3063
RE: RE:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Apparently book burning is making a comeback.

Have you been reading my facebook page. puzzled

__________________

formerly known as slewis ---

simon's system

cloverleaf146's picture
Offline
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 170
RE: RE: RE: RE:

simonlewis wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Apparently book burning is making a comeback.

Have you been reading my facebook page. puzzled

 

No. On balance, I would rather wire my testicles to the mains than join Facebook.

__________________

Panasonic VT50B / Pioneer VSX- LX55 / SKY+ HD 2TB / Sony BD370 / Tannoy Arena 5.1 / Dual CS506 / Isotek MIRA / QED Cables

chebby's picture
Online
Joined: 2 Jun 2008
Posts: 15335
RE: RE: RE: RE:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

No. On balance, I would rather wire my testicles to the mains than join Facebook.

Want a new mains cable?

__________________

Marantz M-CR603 • Rega R3 loudspeakers • AirPlay • Apple iPad Mini • Apple iPhone 5 • Apple iMac • Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11N • Humax HDR-Fox T2 • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390

The_Lhc's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12588
RE:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

cloverleaf146 wrote:

Benedict_Arnold wrote:

Andy Clough wrote:

Yes, we know. We're fixing it. Clickety

Apparently they're fitting a new mains cable Smile

Being WHFI, I thought it would have been a 200 quid HDMI cable that was needed  Tongue

That "joke" makes no sense, the mains cable one, fine, it's not funny but at least there's a modicum of sense behind it but a webserver doesn't have any use for hdmi, so where's the humour? I know it's impossible to expect people not to make the same tedious gags at every possible opportunity but for the love of dog at least give them a second's thought. Oh yeah, new me, right, right... Please?

You're obviously one of those people who'd talk all the fun out of a [CENSORED].shame on you

That implies there was any fun to be had from the "jokes" in the first place. There wasn't. It made no sense, 5 year olds make jokes like that but worse, IT WASN'T FUNNY! It wasn't funny the first time someone made a joke like that several years ago, it doesn't get any funnier every time it's repeated over and over again because it's just a rubbish joke.

And yet, according to the emoticons being used, some people are literally rolling around on the floor laughing at it (at their own joke, which is even worse!). It's just extraordinary, it really is.