It really bugs me when journalists copy and paste quotes from forum members in articles. Is journalism dead? Can they not be bothered to find the opinions of people worth listening too?
Paul's BR/805 system thread
(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page
There are, I have just decied, two classes of people that annoy me more than all others put together: health nazis and jobsworths.
Just went outside for a smoke.
Told off for smoking on the far side of the office's multi-storey, where we always used to smoke, because it's not a designated smoking area. Only smokers go there, but it's not a designated smoking area, you see. Was told the extra walk to the designated smoking area, where, incidentally, the cigarette end receptacles were BOTH on fire, was "good for your health".
I retorted "not when you're recovering from a broken heel bone [as I currently am - sheared the thing in two falling off a ladder last year] it's not".
I feel an action under The Americans With Disabilities Act coming on....
Is that the sign you are refering to, it is a little strange isn't it, if you are driving down manchester road as far as i'm concerned you turn RIGHT onto lancashire hill & not straight on which is tiviot way.
Are you Eddie from Early Doors?
formerly known as slewis ---
Need to get these off my chest otherwise I don't think I'll be able to sleep...
11. All the cr*pware that every application tries to install these days eg Babylon / Ask Toolbar
12. Tattoos especially the female variety which I call 'tramp stamps'
13. The software that the What Hi Forum uses
I'll be back.....
3. Jedward (Self explanatory)
4. Vic Reeves (Self explanatory)
5. Michael O'Leary (CEO Of Ryan Air)
6. Ryan AIr (thankfully managed to completely avoid all budget airlines)
7. Russ Andrews (Purveyor of the finest audiophile grade snakeoil - refer to ASA ruling: http://asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2011/1/Russ-Andrews-Accessories-Ltd/TF_ADJ_49597.aspx)
8. Aggressive drivers who drive right up to your bumper in the 3rd lane when traffic is completely built up forcing you into the middle lane but with no where for them to go. ****ers! (Insert your own expletive)
9. Reality show 'celebrities'
10. 75% of British tradesman who in my experience are unreliable, incompetent, lazy and tax dodging. (The remaining 25% are usually complete gems)
That's all for now....
1. Sarah Millican - who is it that thought she was funny and insists shes on every other programme on every channel. I really can't stand her.
2. Compensation culture - Everything and everyone involved with personal injuries. I just renewed my car insurance and I have 9 years no claims discount and its gone up £125 from last year. Will the government put a stop to this madness
More to come - I'm about to go to bed.....
It's because your insurance company are ripping you off. Go to Compare The Market, Go Compare, or Confused.com, you'll get a much better price. My insurance company told me last year (by accident) that they only offer good deals to new customers, never existing customers, so changing company every year is the way to keep your premiums down
IME once you've done the comparison if you then tell your existing co of the better price they'll normally match it. Mine is due for renewal now and I've had an odd one tho, where the same company through different comparison sites is giving different prices by over £100...
People who over quote causing a war and peace sized post, oh dam
Two for one offers when there is only one item left
Incompetent managers who generally have no idea what they are talking about but like the sound of their own voice
Managerial lingo, why does it take them 10 minutes of waffling to get across a 20 second conversation? . See also " I hear what you are saying but..."
Drivers who need a half a mile gap before they will pull out of a junction or onto a roundabout
Back ache, especially when I keep waking up after about two hours sleep in the worst pain known to man and then spend the rest of the night trying unsuccessfully to get comfy
The fact I havn't won the euro millions yet
You could have just said "managers" and we'd all have been out of here a lot quicker...
No signature worth mentioning...
Is that before or after the 50 page power point presentation?
Today was fined £45 for having the wheels of my car slightly over the white lines of an almost completely empty carpark!
"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again." André Gide
Fined by who?
Today was fined £45 for having the wheels of my car slightly over the white lines of an almost completely empty carpark! |(
My experience of parking in Oxford, is that they have the narrowest parking bays in the UK, nearly impossible not to park over the white lines.
LOUNGE: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Q Acoustics 2020i (front) / Q Acoustics 2020 (rear) / Q Acoustics 2000Ci / Q Acoustics1000Si / Roksan Radius 5.2 (is poorly, so Pro-ject Debut III) / Sky HD / WD My Book Live / Tacima CS-929
BEDROOM: Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001
Eddie has a traffic/roadworks obsession.
Try watching the repeats on Gold, a fantastically dry comedy.
A You Tube clip that demonstrates Eddie's obsession.
WARNING: THE CLIP DOES CONTAIN SOME MODERATE SWEARING
The notice was left by a Traffic Warden, and the fine was paid to the Road Service section of the County Council.
© 2013 Haymarket Publishing