The phrase 'fit for purpose'. It makes me want to use furniture as projectiles.
But only if it were fit for purpose ;) (sorry, couldn't resist)
Those posters who 'EDITED on' and accuse WHFI for what it doesn't do.
Amp: Leema Pulse; Source: Naim CD5i-2, Denon 260MKII, Pro-ject XP I; Speakers: PMC TB2i
Formerly known as plastic penguin
Yep, that too..... but the foot on the brake pedal.... it's stupid and unnessesary as well as it is far easier to use the handbrake,,, found on MOST cars these days eh :)
I'll often sit in my own car and remark ... you'd THINK that given the cost of THAT car.... they'd have given IT............ a handbrake ! (lol)
If I have an automatic so does that let me off? If not, I guess I'd also be a source of annoyance to drivers if I had it in neutral with the hand brake on (or parking break as it says in the book!), then removed hand brake, put foot on break pedal, put it in drive, remove foot from break pedal and accelerated away (hopefully before the barage of horns suggesting I get a move on as the lights went green 10 seconds ago :)
You forgot about additionally causing blindness because to get to drive, if in park, you have to go through reverse. Thus searing retinas with the reversing lights flashing on and causing panic to the driver behind, because they fear being reversed into. It's really not that easy being an automatic gerabox driver.
Apple Lossless - ATV3 - AVI ADM 40 also ATV3 into AVI ADM 9T [my wife's system]
and Grado SR80i
3. Jedward (Self explanatory)
4. Vic Reeves (Self explanatory)
5. Michael O'Leary (CEO Of Ryan Air)
6. Ryan AIr (thankfully managed to completely avoid all budget airlines)
7. Russ Andrews (Purveyor of the finest audiophile grade snakeoil - refer to ASA ruling: http://asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2011/1/Russ-Andrews-Accessories-Ltd/TF_ADJ_49597.aspx)
8. Aggressive drivers who drive right up to your bumper in the 3rd lane when traffic is completely built up forcing you into the middle lane but with no where for them to go. ****ers! (Insert your own expletive)
9. Reality show 'celebrities'
10. 75% of British tradesman who in my experience are unreliable, incompetent, lazy and tax dodging. (The remaining 25% are usually complete gems)
That's all for now....
1. Sarah Millican - who is it that thought she was funny and insists shes on every other programme on every channel. I really can't stand her.
2. Compensation culture - Everything and everyone involved with personal injuries. I just renewed my car insurance and I have 9 years no claims discount and its gone up £125 from last year. Will the government put a stop to this madness
More to come - I'm about to go to bed.....
A part two........I like it!.....shows considerable annoyance.
"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again." André Gide
Need to get these off my chest otherwise I don't think I'll be able to sleep...
11. All the cr*pware that every application tries to install these days eg Babylon / Ask Toolbar
12. Tattoos especially the female variety which I call 'tramp stamps'
13. The software that the What Hi Forum uses
I'll be back.....
.....only if you get the software on a good day!!
After my train journey on Saturday evening....
People who clank their wheelie suitcases all the way down the stairs at train stations
Getting off a train is a single file affair - so those behind you who try and get off the train quicker than you
David @Frank Harvey Hi-Fi, Coventry
Vinyl now available in store!
It's because your insurance company are ripping you off. Go to Compare The Market, Go Compare, or Confused.com, you'll get a much better price. My insurance company told me last year (by accident) that they only offer good deals to new customers, never existing customers, so changing company every year is the way to keep your premiums down
LOUNGE: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Q Acoustics 2020i (front) / Q Acoustics 2020 (rear) / Q Acoustics 2000Ci / Q Acoustics1000Si / Roksan Radius 5.2 / Sky HD / WD My Book Live / Tacima CS-929
BEDROOM: Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001
IME once you've done the comparison if you then tell your existing co of the better price they'll normally match it. Mine is due for renewal now and I've had an odd one tho, where the same company through different comparison sites is giving different prices by over £100...
HiFi / A/V / Bedroom
I found out when I put my details in to a comparison site. The company I was with, offered a much better price on the comparison site, to what they would offer me over the phone. When I told them the comparison site price, they told me that was to get new customers, and they couldn't give that to an existing customer.
Mine's due very soon too, I will do the same, and if I'm not happy with the price, I'll be going. I don't mind paying the same, or very close to it, but I'll switch if it's loads more.
Sitting at a roundabout with a queue of traffic on your right, someone turns left without indicating and you've just missed your chance to move.
Arrgh, ditto for break lights. Does anyone change to neutral at the lights anymore?
People who park across two bays.
BT (the telco, not the band)
Tesco Momentum99's cost - V-Power it ain't, so why charge the same??
Fearne Cotton - less me / myself / I-related chat, more music, please
Chris Evans (nice car collection, mind)
Sub-standard COTS website / forum software
Linn Record's downloads pricing
Amazon - when it jacks up the price of an item I've placed in Save For Later
Supermarket checkout signage stating: Eight Items Or Less
Caucasian TV presenters / DJs who, when addressing an interviewee of African origin, pepper their conversation with "man", "bro", "respect", etc - eg, Zane Lowe, Jeremy Clarkson, Chris Moyles
Smartphone / tablet apps that stealthily drain a device's battery - eg, The Guardian's
Birds that pooh on my car
Passengers who slam my car's doors
Passengers who've cadged a lift on a long journey in my car, and then have the temerity to request their iThing or CDs are played
Insurance companies: How the hell do they quote you figure and then grossly hike the price at renewal, then once you call them for an explanation, they drop back to the original figure.
That's a real con! a lot of more mature customers wouldn't necessarily question the price....
© 2013 Haymarket Publishing