Have your say & ask the experts!

Marantz SR6007 AVR not woring with Sky Remote? Ideas?

3 replies [Last post]
ksoundwerx's picture

As title! My previous Denon AVR2113 (very similar if not identicle in terms of setup) was straight plug in and play, if I remember correctly. Everything (TV,AVR, SKY) plugged into the router and the sky remote controlled the TV/AVR volume. Simple.

The SR6007 was plugged in and setup exactly the same way, and obviously has network connection (updated firmware straight away) so any ideas why the Sky remote is not controlling the AVR?

Sorry for the troubleshooting thread, just hope someone might know a simple reason/solution.

Ta

Keith

Marantz PM KI Pearl Lite | Marantz SA KI Pearl Lite | SR6007 | Technics 1200 mk2s | B&W 684 | 686 | LCR60s3 | ASW608 | QED Cables | Samsung 46" 6900 | Panasonic BDP120

The_Lhc's picture
RE: Marantz SR6007 AVR not woring with Sky Remote? Ideas?

I very much doubt your Denon just worked out of the box with the Sky remote, you have to program the remote to work with your other equipment, try astra2d.com there's a link on the left for programming the remote for av amps, it might have marantz listed (or they might be using another manufacturer's codes).

ksoundwerx's picture

The_Lhc wrote:
I very much doubt your Denon just worked out of the box with the Sky remote, you have to program the remote to work with your other equipment, try astra2d.com there's a link on the left for programming the remote for av amps, it might have marantz listed (or they might be using another manufacturer's codes).

Hi chap,

Thanks for the link, good resource.

Anyhow, just ran through the setup again on the Marantz, re-listed the inputs and this time it's all working. Bizarre why it didn't first time. Perhaps all the devices 'speak' to each other (at least for basic functions like volume) through the HDMI cables, as that's the only common 'hard' link between TV/AVR/Sky (unless you count the fact they are all networked via the router).

Marantz PM KI Pearl Lite | Marantz SA KI Pearl Lite | SR6007 | Technics 1200 mk2s | B&W 684 | 686 | LCR60s3 | ASW608 | QED Cables | Samsung 46" 6900 | Panasonic BDP120

The_Lhc's picture

Oh I see what you're saying now, yeah I guess that's a possibility if you've got HDMI control switched on for everything. I can't do that (don't have an HDMI amp), so I've got my remote configured to do the volume on the amp and it'll switch the amp on and off as well, which is handy.