Have your say & ask the experts!

Good Electric Toothbrush

18 replies [Last post]
gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449

Hi

 

I am in the market for a quality electric toothbrush, and would like some recommendations?  Cheers.

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

Joined: 27 May 2009
Posts: 2357
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

Love my Phillips. Check price of heads tho too!

__________________

Mordaunt Short Mezzo System C - 8,5,1,9.Yamaha V2065. SonyS570. Panasonic TX-P42G20B., Sky HD 1TB. Garrard 86SB. PF30. Wii. WDTV Live. Harmony One. STAX300. QED cabling. Galaxy Tab 10.1

System Photos - http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/robinkidderminster/library/?sort=3&page=1

 Base trap Project -  http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/corner-base-trap-completed-project?page=1

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

RobinKidderminster wrote:
Love my Phillips. Check price of heads tho too!

 

Got a link?  Cheers.

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

Just found this one:

 

http://www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk/Philips-Sonicare-HX6511-Electric-Too...

 

What do you think?  Seems to last quite long!  I would like one that does.

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

Or this one:

 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Professional-Two-Mode-Rechargeable-Toothb...

 

Dont know how long it lasts though!

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 11786
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

I've got Oral B Triumph 4000, bought for £42 at Amazon Black Friday sales. Highly recommended. Been using Oral B for 5 years now. The battery lasts for almost 3 years after which you have to buy a new one. My wife uses the Trizone 5000 which works differently and is good as well.

Even Philips Flexicare (or Flexicare Plus) is very good. My in-laws use it. It is quieter than the Oral B, but has some reliability issues.

__________________

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

Big Aura's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Oct 2008
Posts: 2403
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

with oral b ones please check the tech specs before choosing, as some of the more expensive models are identical to the next model down, but with a snazzier base-station or pointless digital timer.  Also, Boots frequently do 50% off RRP (and Amazon do too), so never pay full price!

__________________

I have some home cinema and Sonos stuff.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

bigboss wrote:
I've got Oral B Triumph 4000, bought for £42 at Amazon Black Friday sales. Highly recommended. Been using Oral B for 5 years now. The battery lasts for almost 3 years after which you have to buy a new one. My wife uses the Trizone 5000 which works differently and is good as well. Even Philips Flexicare (or Flexicare Plus) is very good. My in-laws use it. It is quieter than the Oral B, but has some reliability issues.

 

Ah cheers!  Where would you buy a new battery from?  And how much?  Cheers, I think I am sold on this one!  Smile

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

DistortedVision's picture
Offline
Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Posts: 644
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

I use Oral B Triumph - currently this one:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oral-B-Five-Mode-Toothbrush-Wireless-Packaging/dp/B0050AJ3EY

Highly recommended. When I was first looking for an electric toothbrush I asked my dentist and my brother-in-law who is also a dentist and they both recommended Oral B. Be careful about replacement brush heads from eBay and Amazon Marketplace etc as there are alot of counterfeits out there.

 

Benedict_Arnold's picture
Offline
Joined: 16 Jan 2013
Posts: 738
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

Philips Sonicare.  Battery operated with recharging stand.  Cleans my remaining teeth very nicely.  All three of them.

I had one until my dog decided it was a chew toy.  He thought the taste was great, the vibration a novelty.  He only stopped chewing after the second electric shock...Angry

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

Thanks for the advice guys!  Ordered a Braun Oral 4000 and some replacement brushes.  Cool

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 11786
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

gel wrote:

bigboss wrote:
I've got Oral B Triumph 4000, bought for £42 at Amazon Black Friday sales. Highly recommended. Been using Oral B for 5 years now. The battery lasts for almost 3 years after which you have to buy a new one. My wife uses the Trizone 5000 which works differently and is good as well. Even Philips Flexicare (or Flexicare Plus) is very good. My in-laws use it. It is quieter than the Oral B, but has some reliability issues.

 

Ah cheers!  Where would you buy a new battery from?  And how much?  Cheers, I think I am sold on this one!  Smile

Battery cannot be replaced unfortunately. Have to buy a new one. Sad

__________________

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

hammill's picture
Offline
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 2385
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

Just checked, my Oral B is 3 1/2 years old. So far so good. I can happily recommend it.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

bigboss wrote:

gel wrote:

bigboss wrote:
I've got Oral B Triumph 4000, bought for £42 at Amazon Black Friday sales. Highly recommended. Been using Oral B for 5 years now. The battery lasts for almost 3 years after which you have to buy a new one. My wife uses the Trizone 5000 which works differently and is good as well. Even Philips Flexicare (or Flexicare Plus) is very good. My in-laws use it. It is quieter than the Oral B, but has some reliability issues.

 

Ah cheers!  Where would you buy a new battery from?  And how much?  Cheers, I think I am sold on this one!  Smile

Battery cannot be replaced unfortunately. Have to buy a new one. Sad

 

Shock   This better prevent trips to the hygienists then!  Smile

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

gel
gel's picture
Offline
Joined: 22 Nov 2008
Posts: 11449
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

hammill wrote:

Just checked, my Oral B is 3 1/2 years old. So far so good. I can happily recommend it.

 

That's good.  Cheers.  Smile

__________________

 

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

hammill's picture
Offline
Joined: 20 Mar 2008
Posts: 2385
RE: Good Electric Toothbrush

BTW my wife and I share a brush (obviously not the heads Smile) so It is holding up well