Have your say & ask the experts!

Football fixtures 2013/2014

7 replies [Last post]

Amp: Leema Pulse; Source: Naim CD5i-2, Denon 260MKII, Pro-ject XP I; Speakers: PMC TB2i

Formerly known as plastic penguin

gel
gel's picture
RE: Football fixtures 2013/2014

Not a bad start!   cheer  Currenty in talks with a new striker and defender too!   Smile

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

Andrew Everard's picture

Oh gawd – not already... banging head against wall

Audio Editor, Gramophone

gel
gel's picture

OMGour run in is terrible, we best be safe by then!   pray

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

Andrew Everard wrote:

Sorry. I'm going to the cupboard and give myself a reprimand. (Don't do that again! Stupid. I've told you before PP, never mention football in the off- season. Ouch!)

Amp: Leema Pulse; Source: Naim CD5i-2, Denon 260MKII, Pro-ject XP I; Speakers: PMC TB2i

Formerly known as plastic penguin

gel
gel's picture

plastic penguin wrote:

Andrew Everard wrote:

Sorry. I'm going to the cupboard and give myself a reprimand. (Don't do that again! Stupid. I've told you before PP, never mention football in the off- season. Ouch!)

Yep, it is a time for relaxation and peace.  Smile

Lost Angeles's picture

I’ve just looked at our new Division 2 fixtures and you have to wonder whether the people running football have a brain.We start a week earlier than last season and finish a week later so obviously two of the midweek fixtures have disappeared, but amazingly one of those is the game in the first week of the season in August. The first midweek league game is now in October we have one in November, one in January and two in March. Surely it is better to have midweek games in August and September rather than November and January, the weather will be better, you are liable to get a bigger home crowd and it is better for the away fans travelling ( oh I forgot the fans don’t count).We also share the stewards with the team from down the road so I bet they have managed to get us both at home on the same Saturday at least once, so we will have to change to a Friday night fixture which reduces the gate size and probably cost us 6-7 thousand quid. Not something a Div 2 team can really afford.

Orbe SE.

You can't exchange a six inch band for all the poisoned streams in Cumberland.

BenLaw's picture

gel wrote:

OMGour run in is terrible, we best be safe by then!   pray

Whoopsie, not been on the forums today and just seen this thread - same point covered by me on the NCFC thread  embarassed

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom