Have your say & ask the experts!

BBC's Film 2013

8 replies [Last post]
BEDROCK's picture

Well, I have been enjoying this year's live weekly film review show, with news, features and interviews covering the British and international movie industries, presented by Claudia Winkleman and co-host Danny Leigh.But, I have always wanted the show to be presented by Mark Kermode as he would put his stamp all over it.

Lost Angeles's picture
RE: BBC's Film 2013

I like it the way it is. When they name Sarah Connor as the best screen mother and Robert Shaw in Jaws as one of the top 5 screen drunks they are getting on my wavelength. Although that blonde haired bit needs a speaking time limit on her.

Orbe SE.

You can't exchange a six inch band for all the poisoned streams in Cumberland.

chebby's picture

Lost Angeles wrote:
... that blonde haired bit ...

Antonia Quirke?

Marantz M-CR603 • Rega R3 loudspeakers • AirPlay • Apple iPad Mini • Apple iPhone 5 • Apple iMac • Apple AirPort Extreme 802.11N • Humax HDR-Fox T2 • Panasonic TX-L32D25B • Sony BDP-S390

Alantiggger's picture

I don't always agree with their take on a few movies... but it's a decent show, I like it as is tbh. beauty, eh

Lounge :  Samsung PS51E6500, Sony BDP S790, Virgin media XL with HD Sports Channels (BT &Sky),  Yamaha RX-V673.

Tannoy Arena 5.1 with stands.(http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/tannoy-arena-96472/review)

Bedroom: Panasonic PX70 TV and a Sony BDP-370 Blu ray Player & Kitsound Boomdock.  (quite superb for sound)

So far  :)

Lost Angeles's picture

chebby wrote:

Lost Angeles wrote:
... that blonde haired bit ...

Antonia Quirke?

Yeah, she can't half rattle.

Orbe SE.

You can't exchange a six inch band for all the poisoned streams in Cumberland.

Mark Kermode should've been first choice the first time round. Even if he does like the Twiglet films.

David @Frank Harvey Hi-Fi, Coventry

Official Record Store Day participants!

hammill's picture

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

Mark Kermode should've been first choice the first time round. Even if he does like the Twiglet films.

Agreed. Mind you, the program has gone down hill since Barry Norman left.

The_Lhc's picture

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

I've got a feeling he's stated a number of times that he's got no interest in doing it.

JamesOK's picture

BEDROCK wrote:

Well, I have been enjoying this year's live weekly film review show, with news, features and interviews covering the British and international movie industries, presented by Claudia Winkleman and co-host Danny Leigh.But, I have always wanted the show to be presented by Mark Kermode as he would put his stamp all over it.

I really like Claudia Winkleman, like her presenting style (and quite fancy her too  Smile ).  Danny Leigh, not so sure about.  I can take him or leave him.  Kermode is great, but possibly to big a personality to share the show with Winkleman?

If youre a Kermode fan, and you dont already do so, I would strongly recommend 5 Live's Kermode and Mayo Film review.  Its excellent.

Sonos & Apple TV -> Cyrus 8XPD (with PSX-R) -> Cyrus X Power -> Spendor A5 

|| 

Sony Blu Ray & Sky HD & Apple TV -> Sony Surround Amp -> Jamo Surround Speaker Kit.