Have your say & ask the experts!

Anyone own a Renault Grand Scenic 1.5 DCI 110bhp...

41 replies [Last post]
Alantiggger's picture
RE: Anyone own a Renault Grand Scenic 1.5 DCI 110bhp...

I'd always be searching the web, never go by what the manufacturer says.

Lounge :  Samsung PS51E6500, Sony BDP S790, Virgin media XL with HD Sports Channels (BT &Sky),  Yamaha RX-V673.

Tannoy Arena 5.1 with stands.(http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/tannoy-arena-96472/review)

Bedroom: Panasonic PX70 TV and a Sony BDP-370 Blu ray Player & Kitsound Boomdock.  (quite superb for sound)

So far  :)

CnoEvil's picture

Alantiggger wrote:

I have to go by what Mrs.Cno says ...........which is why we ended up with a Renault!  Sad

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

bigboss's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

Alantiggger wrote:

I have to go by what Mrs.Cno says ...........which is why we ended up with a Renault!  Sad

Ah...now that explains why you bought 2 Renaults back to back!  doh!

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

CnoEvil's picture

bigboss wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

Alantiggger wrote:

Zackly.

The last one had a design, where the engine needed to be removed in order to replace a glow plug!   banging head against wall doh! Crying

I can't wait to find out what joys are in store with this one!  ohhh sure

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

bigboss's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

bigboss wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

Alantiggger wrote:

Zackly.

The last one had a design, where the engine needed to be removed in order to replace a glow plug!   banging head against wall doh! Crying

I can't wait to find out what joys are in store with this one!  ohhh sure

Shock

Hertz gave me a Renault Megane when I visited Dublin last year, new with only 3000 miles on the clock. On the 2nd day, the gas lift of the rear boot failed, so the door wouldn't stay up! It was a lovely car to drive though.

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

CnoEvil's picture

bigboss wrote:

Hertz gave me a Renault Megane when I visited Dublin last year, new with only 3000 miles on the clock. On the 2nd day, the gas lift of the rear boot failed, so the door wouldn't stay up! It was a lovely car to drive though.

Yes, they make comfortable good to drive cars, but they do suffer quirky problems. When the previous one was a few weeks old, the tumblers in the ignition jammed down, so the key couldn't be inserted......The whole ignition, along with all locks and immobilizer had to be replaced. This was one of about six faults that appeared in the first year, which included electrical, computer, airbag and oil seal faults.

Renault sorted them without a problem. The car was then pretty reliable, but as it got old, Renault have some weird engineering, which is very expensive to replace when it wears out (scrapyards become your haunt of choice).

HDNumpty's picture

I found this with a Peugeot 307 D Turbo I had (2.0 HDi).  Official 54mpg, actual about 40-43.  It would drop to 38 in freezing weather.

I have a Skoda Octavia vRS petrol now which I get 31-34 from, not a million miles from the 36mpg claimed.  VW Group are more honest!

Music: Stream Magic 6, Apple Airport Express, CA 840a, B&W CM1

Movies: Pana 37" plasma, Denon DBP-1161ud, Humax YouView HDR, Sony DA-2400ES, MS surrounds, REL Sub

Mobile: iPhone 5 64GB, Audio Technica ES7, Sony XBA3, Monster iBeats

Alantiggger's picture

Buy a Ford... they drive brilliantly and their mpg is good     ... also they now have an engine that is the size of an A4 piece of paper that gives great mileage.

Smile

Lounge :  Samsung PS51E6500, Sony BDP S790, Virgin media XL with HD Sports Channels (BT &Sky),  Yamaha RX-V673.

Tannoy Arena 5.1 with stands.(http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/hi-fi-and-audio/hi-fi-and-av-speakers/tannoy-arena-96472/review)

Bedroom: Panasonic PX70 TV and a Sony BDP-370 Blu ray Player & Kitsound Boomdock.  (quite superb for sound)

So far  :)

CnoEvil's picture

HDNumpty wrote:

I found this with a Peugeot 307 D Turbo I had (2.0 HDi).  Official 54mpg, actual about 40-43.  It would drop to 38 in freezing weather.

I have a Skoda Octavia vRS petrol now which I get 31-34 from, not a million miles from the 36mpg claimed.  VW Group are more honest!

I don't think the car companies have any say in the "official" mpg tests.....which means the differing results must be down to something else like drag coefficient or something.  puzzled

6th.replicant's picture

Consider that the Combined figure is merely a calculation derived from simulated, lab-based tests (using a rolling road) for Urban and Extra Urban.

Real world, the Combined is what you'll get on a long run / touring. 

Re Golf TDI's MPG - overall, VW Group is notoriously 'modest' re its cars' performance, MPG and power stats.

Worth checking Autocar's road tests becuase they include the test's Overall, Track and Touring MPG.  

CnoEvil's picture

6th.replicant wrote:

Consider that the Combined figure is merely a calculation derived from simulated, lab-based tests (using a rolling road) for Urban and Extra Urban.

Real world, the Combined is what you'll get on a long run / touring. 

Re Golf TDI's MPG - overall, VW Group is notoriously 'modest' re its cars' performance, MPG and power stats.

Worth checking Autocar's road tests becuase they include the test's Overall, Track and Touring MPG.  

Thank you for the heads up........when (if) I see 50mpg under any driving conditions, I will be happy.

Scissor_digits's picture

Honest John's Real MPGs always worth checking

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/

Naim Unitiqute 2 > Kef LS50

Synology DS214play NAS

CnoEvil's picture

Scissor_digits wrote:

Honest John's Real MPGs always worth checking

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/

Yup SD, I did come across the site and it seems to be more realistic.......but thx for the link.

The_Lhc's picture

Well I filled up at lunchtime having done 619.5 miles on 51.50 litres, which equates to 54.6mpg. That's about 60% motorway, 25% fast A-road (with long hills) and 15% country A-road, don't know how that relates to "combined" or extra urban etc...

CnoEvil's picture

The_Lhc wrote:

Well I filled up at lunchtime having done 619.5 miles on 51.50 litres, which equates to 54.6mpg. That's about 60% motorway, 25% fast A-road (with long hills) and 15% country A-road, don't know how that relates to "combined" or extra urban etc...

There's nothing wrong with that.