Have your say & ask the experts!

Marantz NS7004 and MCR603 with Android?

3 replies [Last post]
postup_crni's picture

postup_crni's picture
RE: Marantz NS7004 and MCR603 with Android?

Hi!

My first post on this section and hopefully posted at a good one.

Marantz7004 is a part of main system (separate room) ans MCR603 is in the living room. My only interest is to get them operational with music services (Deezer, Grooveshark and hopefulyy Spotify - I live in Belgium) through - ANDROID. I have Samsung mobiles and Galaxy Tab II and do not fancy buying iPhone or iPad just to be able to operate music services (tried Apple, though, works fine).

Should I buy separate apps (which ones) that will get Samsung to "talk to" Airplay (new Marantz app for Android does not work on older units like mine, I was told)?

Is there another way to solve this problem?

Thanks,

plavac

postup_crni's picture

Hi!

My first post on this section and hopefully posted at a good one.

Marantz7004 is a part of main system (separate room) ans MCR603 is in the living room. My only interest is to get them operational with music services (Deezer, Grooveshark and hopefulyy Spotify - I live in Belgium) through - ANDROID. I have Samsung mobiles and Galaxy Tab II and do not fancy buying iPhone or iPad just to be able to operate music services (tried Apple, though, works fine).

Should I buy separate apps (which ones) that will get Samsung to "talk to" Airplay (new Marantz app for Android does not work on older units like mine, I was told)?

Is there another way to solve this problem?

Thanks,

plavac

bigboss's picture

Welcome to the forum!

I'm assuming you mean NA7004 & not NS7004

Check this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.pskiwi.avrremote&hl=en

"Experimental support:

- Marantz MCR603, MER803, NA7004"

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router