8 posts / 0 new
Last post
poriya's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 31/01/2014 - 17:25
Posts: 17
Audio CD..Fake or Real

Hi everyone...first of all accept me apologize for bad english writing

I recently bought two audio cd from local store ( jennifer lopez and celin dion), and i riped them in FLAC and listen to them by my cowon i9... i have doubt whether they are fake or orginal because of resulution and bass...could anyone help me and give me the email adress so i send a little part of one song in lossless format in order to verify  if it's real lossless or nor...

Thank you in advance...

fr0g's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 07/01/2008 - 18:38
Posts: 2936
RE: Audio CD..Fake or Real

poriya wrote:

Hi everyone...first of all accept me apologize for bad english writing

I recently bought two audio cd from local store ( jennifer lopez and celin dion), and i riped them in FLAC and listen to them by my cowon i9... i have doubt whether they are fake or orginal because of resulution and bass...could anyone help me and give me the email adress so i send a little part of one song in lossless format in order to verify  if it's real lossless or nor...

Thank you in advance...

 

Download Audacity.

Rip a track.

Load into Audacity. 

First try "Analyze, find clipping". It will show up as lines.

That proves nothing by the way, but clipping is bad.

Then "Analyze, plot spectrum"

There should be something all the way up to "over" 20 KHz

If it tails off rapidly before 20 KHz then it's likely made from MP3

MajorFubar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 03/03/2010 - 00:01
Posts: 3428
RE: Audio CD..Fake or Real

To be honest I thought this practice had died out in the 1990s, when dodgy market traders stopped selling home-brewed copies of musicassettes with black & white photocopied inlays for £1 a shot. I'm obviously missing how it can be at all financially rewarding to pirate CDs given the expense and effort needed to make them look genuine (pro duplication, labels, booklets, packaging etc).

poriya's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 31/01/2014 - 17:25
Posts: 17
RE: Audio CD..Fake or Real

fr0g wrote:

poriya wrote:

Hi everyone...first of all accept me apologize for bad english writing

I recently bought two audio cd from local store ( jennifer lopez and celin dion), and i riped them in FLAC and listen to them by my cowon i9... i have doubt whether they are fake or orginal because of resulution and bass...could anyone help me and give me the email adress so i send a little part of one song in lossless format in order to verify  if it's real lossless or nor...

Thank you in advance...

 

Download Audacity.

Rip a track.

Load into Audacity.

First try "Analyze, find clipping". It will show up as lines.

That proves nothing by the way, but clipping is bad.

Then "Analyze, plot spectrum"

There should be something all the way up to "over" 20 KHz

If it tails off rapidly before 20 KHz then it's likely made from MP3

 

Thank you for helping me,,,Lucky me...these made from Mp3...or poor duplication

 

Alec's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 08/10/2007 - 21:06
Posts: 6052
RE: Audio CD..Fake or Real

MajorFubar wrote:

To be honest I thought this practice had died out in the 1990s, when dodgy market traders stopped selling home-brewed copies of musicassettes with black & white photocopied inlays for £1 a shot. I'm obviously missing how it can be at all financially rewarding to pirate CDs given the expense and effort needed to make them look genuine (pro duplication, labels, booklets, packaging etc).

 

Them were the days. Finmere market, In Utero (with full colour cover, which may be why it was more than £1), jumpers for goalposts, fields as far as the eye could see...

MajorFubar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 03/03/2010 - 00:01
Posts: 3428
RE: Audio CD..Fake or Real

lol! I know...showing my age.

DianaFinley's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 day ago
Joined: 24/04/2014 - 14:16
Posts: 1
RE: Audio CD..Fake or Real

http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Spot-Fake-CDs-especially-rare-ones-/10000000006386863/g.html

pknation's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 19/06/2014 - 16:16
Posts: 2
This is a wonderful post. I

This is a wonderful post. I enjoyed the information

pknation.info is about beautiful country located in the Middle East near the Arabian Sea and the Gulf of Oman. pk nation

Log in or register to post comments