10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ravey Gravey Davy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 16:47
Posts: 2679
Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Just discovered a pile of vinyl at home(childhood home) that I didn't know my brother had.(don't worry,it's still his,just borrowed for listening)

Flicking through the known ones (BD -Freewheeling, Bringing it all back home etc, Disraeli Gears ,Elegy/Nice) then the unknown.

The White Album,complete with lyric sheet and pristine photos- research shows a 73 repress in heavyweight vinyl, then Magical Mystery tour ,original 1968 import  with picture book. Beggars Banquet FFSS version.Imagine with pig photo.Sometime in New York City with photo.

Now home and played one track- Martha My Dear  and I am gobsmacked at the difference of the cd I have and the vinyl on my relatively cheap Project through MA RX1's.

These records have not been played for nearly 40 years and I am looking forward to the Xmas break to give them an audition.

proffski's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 18:44
Posts: 402
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Ooh! Brilliant, a proper vinyl collection, you lucky Vinyl Monster! Smile

scene's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 25/09/2008 - 12:48
Posts: 2977
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Christmas has come early for you rgd - you lucky thing! :cheer:

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16368
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Ravey Gravey Davy wrote:

Just discovered a pile of vinyl at home(childhood home) that I didn't know my brother had.(don't worry,it's still his,just borrowed for listening)

Flicking through the known ones (BD -Freewheeling, Bringing it all back home etc, Disraeli Gears ,Elegy/Nice) then the unknown.

The White Album,complete with lyric sheet and pristine photos- research shows a 73 repress in heavyweight vinyl, then Magical Mystery tour ,original 1968 import  with picture book. Beggars Banquet FFSS version.Imagine with pig photo.Sometime in New York City with photo.

Now home and played one track- Martha My Dear  and I am gobsmacked at the difference of the cd I have and the vinyl on my relatively cheap Project through MA RX1's.

These records have not been played for nearly 40 years and I am looking forward to the Xmas break to give them an audition.

I presume you have a turntable?... ahem!

Not as stupid as it may seem - can't remember you ever mentioning a TT.

Nevertheless, lucky cat... Wink

Amp; CDP; Turntable; Tuner; Speakers

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6317
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

plastic penguin wrote:

Ravey Gravey Davy wrote:

Just discovered a pile of vinyl at home(childhood home) that I didn't know my brother had.(don't worry,it's still his,just borrowed for listening)

Flicking through the known ones (BD -Freewheeling, Bringing it all back home etc, Disraeli Gears ,Elegy/Nice) then the unknown.

The White Album,complete with lyric sheet and pristine photos- research shows a 73 repress in heavyweight vinyl, then Magical Mystery tour ,original 1968 import  with picture book. Beggars Banquet FFSS version.Imagine with pig photo.Sometime in New York City with photo.

Now home and played one track- Martha My Dear  and I am gobsmacked at the difference of the cd I have and the vinyl on my relatively cheap Project through MA RX1's.

These records have not been played for nearly 40 years and I am looking forward to the Xmas break to give them an audition.

I presume you have a turntable?... ahem!

Not as stupid as it may seem - can't remember you ever mentioning a TT.

Nevertheless, lucky cat... Wink

 

I'm guessing a relatively cheap Project. 

Ravey Gravey Davy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 16:47
Posts: 2679
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Forgive him BL, he's a writer not a reader.

PP for info,it's a Project Debut III usb linked through a TEAC CR-H500 DNT with MA RX1's.

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23012
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Well...looks like we got oursel's a readah...

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6317
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

Ravey Gravey Davy wrote:

Forgive him BL, he's a writer not a reader.

PP for info,it's a Project Debut III usb linked through a TEAC CR-H500 DNT with MA RX1's.

 

I forgive him: contrary to popular belief, I'm a lover not a fighter  Smile

Ravey Gravey Davy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 16:47
Posts: 2679
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

John Duncan wrote:

Well...looks like we got oursel's a readah...

 

Or was it a Texas Instruments TT

Ravey Gravey Davy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 16:47
Posts: 2679
RE: Oh wow- I've just discovered something

BenLaw wrote:

 contrary to popular belief, I'm a lover not a fighter  Smile

Kinky
Log in or register to post comments