I've just listed my Kuro for sale on AVForums, will be sad to see it go, but the time is right. " />
Just had a look, looks really nice! Good listing too. That should sell easy. If not use eBay, you get tons of watchers. I will keep an eye on it.
Somebody did state wrongly that it wasn't full HD, but I quickly corrected them, and both comments have now been removed.
Fingers crossed gel, we'll get a good price, and it will go to a good home.
Trying to avoid ebay, fed up with their fees.
LOUNGE: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 (is poorly) / Panasonic DMP-BDT120 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Dali Zensor 3 (front) / Dali Zensor Vokal (centre) / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition (rear) / Q Acoustics1000Si (sub) / Roksan Radius 5.2 (is poorly) / Ortofon Super OM20 Cartridge / Sky HD / WD My Book Live 2TB / Seagate Expansion 2TB / Nintendo Wii / Tacima CS-929
BEDROOM: Samsung LE32C450 / Sony BDP-S360 / Echostar HDS-600RS / Netgear WNCE2001
I'll be interested to see how you get on. Kuros of course hold their value better than Panasonic plasma TVs, so hopefully you'll get some sensible offers.
I might go the AV Forums route myself when selling my V20. I'm still not sure what a sensible price would be. I saw a 42V20 sell for £370 on AV Forums a few months back, so perhaps listing at £375 would be reasonable. Likewise, I'm tired of high ebay seller fees. Plus you take a small hit with the PayPal transaction.
The V20's black levels are identical to the ST50 and VT50 (0.009 cd/m2, accoridng to HDTV Test). The V20 can't match this year's models for detail and dynamic contrast, but it's still an excellent TV. You'd hope somebody would be interested...
Hardware: Panasonic TX-P50VT65B (calibrated); Cambridge Audio Azur 651BD; Yamaha RX-A810; Teac PD-H600; PS3; B&W 601 & 600LCR (series 3); Q Acoustics QAV (rear)
Furniture and Accessories: BLOK Classix 3000 Oak AV Cabinet; Atacama Nexus 6 (atabite metal filled); 3D3 A1112
Good offer BBB.
Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV, Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.
I'm considering it gel." />
He offered me less through the private messages, but I turned him down.
Personally, I'd say ask for £50 more than you actually want, then it gives you room to negotiate.
Just had a look at the listing and that is a sensible offer.
I wouldn't want to sway your decision, and I'm sure I wouldn't anyway, but a bird in the hand and all that... Maybe you could ask him to meet you halfway? If he really wants it, another £25 shouldn't stand in his way. And from your perspsective, it would be disappointing to let a guaranteed sale pass by for the sake of a small difference. As always when you're selling, it's a question of how willing you are to play hardball...
He offered me £450 initially, and he has stated that £500 is his top offer, but we'll see.
I'm going to sleep on it and not give it a moments thought.
If it was me, I'd accept the offer, as it's close enough to your asking price for you not to lose sleep. A fortnight from now you won't give it a second thought.
That's just me, though... It'd be annoying if he withdrew the offer and you were left hanging around for another one, which might be lower. As I rule I'm in favour of sensible solutions requiring the minimum amount of hassle.
That said, it's of course your call and doesn't really have anything to do with me. And I doubt he'll withdraw the offer overnight.
I did tell him in private messages that I was thinking about it, and would let him know as soon as I'd decided, so there has been contact.
To be honest, it's very likely that I'll accept it, but I am indecisive, and I have made financial mistakes in the past when rushing decisions.
All of which sounds perfectly wise!
Well done BBB. :clap:
Are you going to sell your Pioneer Blu-ray player now?
When are you guys taking delivery of your Panasonics again?
Deal's not quite done yet gel, but should be ok.
Pana's coming on the 3rd.
I will have a brand new BDT120, Sony BDP-S360 and my Pioneer BDP-320, and (I think) I want a Sony BDP-S790 when I see a good deal.
I like the Pioneer, but it is so fussy with disc, that I think it will have to go. It is MR for DVD though, which is useful, so it might go to the bedroom, and the 360 gets sold along with the new 120. I'm sort of tempted to give the 120 a go, but if I do, it's then 2nd hand, and loses some of it's sale value.
Decisions, decisions, decisions. " />
In theory, January the 3rd, though I've read about delays with deliveries of GT50s from John Lewis on another thread. Hopefully it will be delivered on schedule and I'll post a mini review soon after.
Thanks to you both.
As I missed out on the free blu-ray player from JL (by 1 day, v annoying), have been on the phone and just submitted by claim form, to hopefully get 20 GBP refunded. If successful, I'll put it towards the 220
Either way, TV will be delivered next Wed so not long to wait... watching Gel's YouTube videos of the GT50 in the meantime, good work!!!
© 2014 Haymarket Publishing