Have your say & ask the experts!

Skyfall BD - Sainsbury's instore offer, £12

48 replies [Last post]
6th.replicant's picture

Spend £30+ on groceries at a Sainsbury's store and Skyfall BD will be discounted from £18.99 to £12. (Sainsbury's online price is also £18.99; Amazon, £14.99; 'Horse-co' instore, £15.)

roger06's picture
RE: Skyfall BD - Sainsbury's instore offer, £12

Or just give it a month or two and it'll be way cheaper everywhere. I've never understood the need to rush out and buy a film the day it's realeased...

Synology DS212J-> AppleTV->  rDAC->Naim Nait5i. Dynaudio Audience 52SE

Sony BDPS370 / YouView ->Yamaha RXV1065-> Pana TH42PX80B plasma.

Big Aura's picture

or, given how weak and muddled the plot is, just rent it from lovefilm.  It's not a good enough movie to warrant a second watching, unless you've got unlimited free time.....

I have some home cinema and Sonos stuff.

bigboss's picture

Big Aura wrote:

or, given how weak and muddled the plot is, just rent it from lovefilm.  It's not a good enough movie to warrant a second watching, unless you've got unlimited free time.....

Remember it broke box office records... Wink

I agree the plot was a bit muddled, but the film was hugely enjoyable. Besides, I need to fill the slot to complete my James Bond collection. Smile

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

6th.replicant's picture

roger06 wrote:

Or just give it a month or two and it'll be way cheaper everywhere. I've never understood the need to rush out and buy a film the day it's realeased...

Fair enough, but what a pointless comment - no-one's asking you to buy it asap. 

Jeez! Next, I suppose we'll have the usual suspects chiming in with their reviews/opinions/comments re the film itself... ohhh sure

[EDIT] Beaten to it  

DandyCobalt's picture

Rather than spend fifty quid taking the family to the cinema, I promised to get the blu-ray as soon as it came out, and watch on the projector.

The Steelbook version arrived from Amazon this morning, so looks like the Cobalts will be watching Bond this evening.  (Shame my subwoofer has broken ).

£14.99 for the nice metal blu-ray, vs £50  for the cinema is a no-brainer. 

Oddly, the DVD in the case says "Region 2 NTSC"  - why would a Region 2 DVD be NTSC?  (especially as the Blu-ray is "Region B", so definitely for Europe.)

Pioneer tv + LX85, Sony HW15 Proj, Cyrus DAC XP+/Mono X300/CDXTSE2/PSXRx2, Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Baby Grands and Maestro centre, B&W CM1 surrounds /PV1D (9.1), CA BD751, Virgin TiVo, Inspire Rega t/t, Benz Glider MC, EAR 834P phono amp; Slee Novo Headphone Amp.TQ Black.

bigboss's picture

Did you pre order the steelbook? If so, when did you place the order? Amazon had dropped the price briefly to £11.89 & you're covered by price promise.

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

v1c
v1c's picture

"Though much is taken, much abides, and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are... One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

How can you dislike that Shock

Much better on second viewing...... PQ + SQ reference Quality...... the explotions shocked  the subway Shock .......and it dawned on me how very very BRITISH it is and it's grown on me immensely today Cool

Pioneer :- KRP500A, BDP LX55, SCLX-71/

MK Sound :- M7 LCR, M4T rear, KX12 sub/

Chord :- Odyssey 2 LCR, Rumour 2 rear, Cobra  sub, Active Silverplus HDMI x2, Power Chord x4, Chameleon Silverplus/ IR dock

Arcam :- IRDock / Focal Lab :- Spirit One/

Black Rhodium Power Management.

jjbomber's picture

Watched it tonight on Blinkbox for £3.49. Brilliant opening sequence, worth the money alone. 

After that, very anti-British as always with Hollywood. Bond drinking and popping pills, unshaven, arguing with M all the time, not even liking the British Bulldog, baddie is a rogue British agent, Q is a geek. Even the new M is at odds with Bond. Everything really to make M16 look bad. I want the old Bond back; sharing quips with Q and M with them all on the same side. And I want real baddies, not some camp fairy!

Great cameo by the Aston Martin, loved the Scottish gamekeeper, enough good bits to make it a cut above the average thriller. Some good nods to the past too with the palm print gun again, Moneypenny et al.

Finally, M starts by referring to the PM as he but it's a she at the inquiry. 

Paul.'s picture

jjbomber wrote:

Finally, M starts by referring to the PM as he but it's a she at the inquiry. 

"Clair Dowar MP" was head of the enquiry, but not PM.

Paul's system thread

(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page

jjbomber's picture

Paul. wrote:

"Clair Dowar MP" was head of the enquiry, but not PM.

Yep, far too clever for me. I'm going back to Toy Story!!!

The_Lhc's picture

jjbomber wrote:
After that, very anti-British as always with Hollywood.

So Hollywood that BAFTA class it as a British film...

Clare Newsome's picture

jjbomber wrote:

Bond drinking and popping pills, unshaven, arguing with M all the time

You mean just like in the original Fleming novels? Smile

Bond goes REALLY off the rails in between missions in those.

jjbomber wrote:

I want the old Bond back;....And I want real baddies, not some camp fairy!

Best you don't watch Sean Connery in 1971's Diamonds Are Forever, with its two gay assasins then doh!

#StopGettingBondWrong

Group Marketing & PR Manager - Computers Unlimited;

Former Group Editor of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and Whathifi.com

Twitter: @ClareNewsome

The_Lhc's picture

jjbomber wrote:

Watched it tonight on Blinkbox for £3.49. Brilliant opening sequence, worth the money alone. 

After that, very anti-British as always with Hollywood. Bond drinking and popping pills, unshaven, arguing with M all the time, not even liking the British Bulldog, baddie is a rogue British agent, Q is a geek. Even the new M is at odds with Bond.

You really need to pay more attention, yes when he first meets Ralph he's not impressed but by the end of the film he's clearly happier with him, as he's proven himself in action.

Quote:
Everything really to make M16 look bad. I want the old Bond back; sharing quips with Q and M with them all on the same side.

Just like in License to Kill and Die Another Day you mean?

Quote:
And I want real baddies, not some camp fairy!

Yeah! Bring back Kidd and Wint! Proper villains they were!

Quote:
Great cameo by the Aston Martin,

That's the bit that makes no sense at all.

The_Lhc's picture

Clare Newsome wrote:

jjbomber wrote:

Bond drinking and popping pills, unshaven, arguing with M all the time

You mean just like in the original Fleming novels? Smile

Bond goes REALLY off the rails in between missions in those.

jjbomber wrote:

I want the old Bond back;....And I want real baddies, not some camp fairy!

Best you don't watch Sean Connery in 1971's Diamonds Are Forever, with its two gay assasins then doh!

#StopGettingBondWrong

Ooh, sneaky edit!!!

psurquhart's picture

Well,

I bought it on the day of release, yesterday, using this 12 quid offer and really enjoyed it.

Like dandycobalt (think thats his username), I avoided the cinema saving ourselves a small fortune and have been looking forward to its release.

Cant really understand the negativity - its a bond film and the best one for ages. What more do you expect ? Even the wife enjoyed it and thats a miracle on its own !

12 quid well spent. Plus, I have a digital copy and even a dvd version for the parents to enjoy.  

Sony DA5400 ES, Sony BDP-S790, Panasonic 42" GT-30, Sky HD 1TB, PMC GB1's Front, PMC DB1C, Mission 752 Freedom's Rear, Still No Sub :0(

Gadgets - Apple TV3, iPad 4 64gb, iPhone 5, Xbox 360 Slim & a Wii for the kids.