Have your say & ask the experts!

James Bond Blu-ray Box Set £50!

12 replies [Last post]
gel
gel's picture

At Tescos!  Fill your boots!  Smile

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

gel
gel's picture
RE: James Bond Blu-ray Box Set £50!

Main AV Setup: Panasonic 50VT65 TV (THX calibrated), Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1, Optimum AV300 AV Stand, QED Silver Anniversary XT Speaker Cable & Chord Silver Plus HDMI Cables. Gadgets: iPad 4 & iPhone 4S.

The_Lhc's picture

£89.97, currently unavailable.

gel
gel's picture

The_Lhc wrote:

That went quick!  There was also a code for new customers making it £40!

Oldboy's picture

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

Back in stock mysteriously...but £89.97 perhaps it was a mistake?? I would have snapped that up for £50, gutted.

Living Room:

Samsung UE55F8000 (THX Pro calibrated), Yamaha RX-A2020, Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence config), Panasonic DMP-BDT500MR, WD TV Live, Marantz CD6003, Marantz PM6004, Beresford TC-7220 MKII, PS3, QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable, Wireworld Chroma 7 HDMIs, Chord Crimson Sub and RCA, Chord Superscreen Mains Cable, Netgear Prosafe 8 port Gigabit switch.

Bedroom:

Samsung UE40F7000, Sony BDV-E3100 5.1 Home Theatre System, X-Box 360.

Mobile Devices:

Google Nexus 5 Phone, Google Nexus 7 Tablet, Sony PS Vita.

gel
gel's picture

Oldboy wrote:

gel wrote:

The_Lhc wrote:

Back in stock mysteriously...but £89.97 perhaps it was a mistake?? I would have snapped that up for £50, gutted.

The deal held for a couple of hours then got changed.  Certainly seemed like a good price!

MajorFubar's picture

That MUST have been a mistake...I thought I got a good bargain at £75 at Amazon!

If it was a mistake, I hope Tesco are honourable enough to complete the sales and not issue a refund accompanied by an apologetic email. Tesco are surely big enough to take a small hit.

Main system: Mac Mini 2011 • HRT II+ DAC • Lacie 3TB Cloudbox NAS • Marantz CD63KIS • Marantz PM66 KI • EB Acoustics EB2

In storage: Thorens TD160 (no cart) • Cyrus 2 + PSX • Cyrus tuner • Technics SL-P777 • Nakamichi DR-1

Oldboy's picture

Yep must have been some sort of mistake...shame as I was going to buy it at that price, at that level it's a real bargain but at £75 i'm just not tempted as i'm sure it will drop in price after xmas Crying

Living Room:

Samsung UE55F8000 (THX Pro calibrated), Yamaha RX-A2020, Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence config), Panasonic DMP-BDT500MR, WD TV Live, Marantz CD6003, Marantz PM6004, Beresford TC-7220 MKII, PS3, QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable, Wireworld Chroma 7 HDMIs, Chord Crimson Sub and RCA, Chord Superscreen Mains Cable, Netgear Prosafe 8 port Gigabit switch.

Bedroom:

Mobile Devices:

bigboss's picture

Tesco has not honoured sales at £50, claiming to be a pricing error. This seems to happen quite frequently at Tesco, & has been rapped by BBC Watchdog before.

My Home Cinema  Pioneer KRP 500A, Yamaha RX-V1900, MA Radius R225HD LCR, R90HD rears, AW12 sub, Panasonic BD60, PS3, Boxee Box, Sky HD, Boxee Box, Logitech Harmony One, Logitech PS3 Adapter, Sonos ZP90

Bedroom Samsung UE32C6510, PS3 slim white, Apple TV, Sonos S5, Sonos ZP90, Audioengine 2, Oppo OPDV971H

Miscellaneous: Synology DS212J + 2 X WD Red 2TB drives, WD 1TB NAS, Sonos ZoneBridge, BT HH3 as modem & AirPort Extreme router

gel
gel's picture

bigboss wrote:

Tesco has not honoured sales at £50, claiming to be a pricing error. This seems to happen quite frequently at Tesco, & has been rapped by BBC Watchdog before.

That is bad!  Not impressed at all.  Don't buy their excuse either.  I am glad I avoid Tescos!

Oldboy's picture

gel wrote:

bigboss wrote:

That is bad!  Not impressed at all.  Don't buy their excuse either.  I am glad I avoid Tescos!

Very naughty!! How can they get away with that?? Surely they should honour the price shown when you purchased it or is there some bit of small print i've missed somewhere? Or is it simply a case of the same law applying as in retail stores where they don't have to honour any pricing mistakes, I worked in retail for a while and every store I worked at honoured any pricing mistake as a gesture of goodwill even though they didn't have to and for Tesco to not do so if it's the same peice of legislation is just poor...a company that big could easily write of any losses eh!

I will certainly think twice before I consider ordering from them, I haven't used them for entertainment products and with things like this I feel I've done the right thing up until now and I will continue to avoid them!

BTW it seems Tesco Entertainment are a seperate company to Tesco groceries which is why you can't use your clubcard vouchers on the site, it was purchased by Tesco to add to it's umbrella...anyone know anymore about this?

Living Room:

Bedroom:

Mobile Devices:

BenLaw's picture

In fairness, we've had the same problem with amazon as well (for example Silent Running) so I'm not sure this is a reason not to buy from tesco. 

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom

The_Lhc's picture

Oldboy wrote:
bigboss wrote:

Very naughty!! How can they get away with that?? Surely they should honour the price shown when you purchased it or is there some bit of small print i've missed somewhere? Or is it simply a case of the same law applying as in retail stores where they don't have to honour any pricing mistakes, I worked in retail for a while and every store I worked at honoured any pricing mistake as a gesture of goodwill even though they didn't have to and for Tesco to not do so if it's the same peice of legislation is just poor...a company that big could easily write of any losses eh!

The price is an invitation to tender, not a promise, so they don't have to accept your purchase, particularly where the price shown is clearly nonsense (like an iMac for £25 or something). In this case though 50 quid isn't so far away from the actual price (£80-90) to be considered unbelievable I'd suggest, so this is little bit naughty.