16 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
Ever tried Flubit?

Has anyone tried Flubit before? You simply paste a link to the best deal you can find online, & they'll beat it within 48 hours. I've just ordered Jack Reacher blu ray for £12.64, just to test how it is.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Wow! That was fast!! Ordered Saturday, posted Monday & arrived Tuesday!!  :clap:

Interesting, the envelope suggests it was posted by Asda.  :?

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Wow! Now this is amazing!! I asked Flubit to beat Apple Store's price of £59.99 (+£4 delivery charge) for  LaCie 500GB Porsche Design P'9223 USB 3.0 Slim Hard Drive. They offered me the drive for £52.99 (Fireworks Merchants Ltd.). It arrived within 7 days of ordering (today)

Interestingly, there is a receipt packed with it, showing that Fireworks Merchants actually bought the drive from Apple on the same day I ordered!! It has an Apple receipt!!!  :clap:

How do they get these discounts??  :?

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

It's worked for you. Collective multiple buying power, apprarently. Worth a punt. Smile

http://thenextweb.com/uk/2011/07/12/flubit-the-5k-side-project-that-became-a-4m-startup/

Thanks for this.

 

plastic penguin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 28/04/2008 - 10:56
Posts: 16161
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Is this a 3-2-1 conundrum?

FLUBIT. If you take the Flu away you have a has been. You shop for bits and pieces.  Remove the 'H' from the word has you get AS. The ancient siberian word for bit is DA, and so you have ASDA.

(Sorry just had an idle few minutes)

Sounds like a great deal, if rather scary one for all the competition.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

plastic penguin wrote:

Is this a 3-2-1 conundrum?

FLUBIT. If you take the Flu away you have a has been. You shop for bits and pieces.  Remove the 'H' from the word has you get AS. The ancient siberian word for bit is DA, and so you have ASDA.

(Sorry just had an idle few minutes)

Sounds like a great deal, if rather scary one for all the competition.

 

Far too easy for 3-2-1. Hope you're not at work..... Tongue out

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

I've also ordered this for £52.99, a 12% discount.  Smile

Oldboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 13/09/2007 - 15:49
Posts: 2550
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Hmmmm this is very interesting bigboss, could you go about buying a tv from Flubit and how does it work? 

JonnyD's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/03/2008 - 21:49
Posts: 67
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Looks interesting.....have signed up for an invite, how long did you have to wait for one BB?

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Oldboy wrote:

Hmmmm this is very interesting bigboss, could you go about buying a tv from Flubit and how does it work? 

Well, I've gone up from ordering blu ray discs to computer accessories. I don't have the confidence to order a TV yet. Technically it will work. You may eve nend up getting one from a large shop. You'll need to specify a 5-year guarantee in your request.

There's no harm in asking Flubit to beat the best online price. They usually respond within 2 days. You're under no obligation to make the purchase. Their offer is valid for 48 hours, within which you have to buy it, if you want it. Or simply ignore it.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

JonnyD wrote:

Looks interesting.....have signed up for an invite, how long did you have to wait for one BB?

I can't remember, probably 24-48 hours.

JonnyD's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/03/2008 - 21:49
Posts: 67
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Invite received this morning.......what to try??

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12638
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

A blu ray or music CD?  :?

Pindi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 21/11/2008 - 11:57
Posts: 573
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

I've purchased a couple of things from Flubit recently, I think it's brilliant.

It didn't work too well for a couple of more expensive demands, namely a Panasonic 65VT65 and a Samsung 64F8500. They only knocked off about £30-£40. 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 12803
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

Pindi wrote:

I've purchased a couple of things from Flubit recently, I think it's brilliant.

It didn't work too well for a couple of more expensive demands, namely a Panasonic 65VT65 and a Samsung 64F8500. They only knocked off about £30-£40. 

 

You didn't buy both TVs did you?   Smile

Pindi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 21/11/2008 - 11:57
Posts: 573
RE: Ever tried Flubit?

gel wrote:

Pindi wrote:

I've purchased a couple of things from Flubit recently, I think it's brilliant.

It didn't work too well for a couple of more expensive demands, namely a Panasonic 65VT65 and a Samsung 64F8500. They only knocked off about £30-£40. 

 

You didn't buy both TVs did you?   Smile

Unfortunately not, Gel. I didn't purchase either of them!

On a side note, the Samsung is coming down in price big time now. And, the Panasonic is down to £2899 at Total Digital.

Log in or register to post comments