Have your say & ask the experts!

Dredd 3D blu ray for £11

24 replies [Last post]
The_Lhc's picture
RE: Dredd 3D blu ray for £11

Excellent, that's very useful, thanks man!

Oldboy's picture

No problem just happy I could help.

Living Room:

Samsung UE55F8000 (THX Pro calibrated), Yamaha RX-A2020, Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence config), Panasonic DMP-BDT500MR, WD TV Live, Marantz CD6003, Marantz PM6004, Beresford TC-7220 MKII, PS3, QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable, Wireworld Chroma 7 HDMIs, Chord Crimson Sub and RCA, Chord Superscreen Mains Cable, Netgear Prosafe 8 port Gigabit switch.

Bedroom:

Samsung UE40F7000, Sony BDV-E3100 5.1 Home Theatre System, X-Box 360.

Mobile Devices:

Google Nexus 5 Phone, Google Nexus 7 Tablet, Sony PS Vita.

mitch65's picture

Good coz I'm bought it anyway! excellent!

Seriously, I'm glad it seems like a sound purchase and I can't wait for tomorrow to find out for myself............if it's that bad I can always buy a 3D TV rolling on the floor laughing

Rotel RCD-965BX

Spotify - Yamaha R-N500 Network Receiver

Denon TU-260LII

NAC A5 - Spendor SA-1

AKG K551

Oldboy's picture

mitch65 wrote:

Good coz I'm bought it anyway! excellent!

Seriously, I'm glad it seems like a sound purchase and I can't wait for tomorrow to find out for myself............if it's that bad I can always buy a 3D TV rolling on the floor laughing

You won't be disappointed I'm sure but if you are then I'm sure a new 3D tv would soften the blow excellent!

Living Room:

Samsung UE55F8000 (THX Pro calibrated), Yamaha RX-A2020, Dali Zensor 5 7.1 (front presence config), Panasonic DMP-BDT500MR, WD TV Live, Marantz CD6003, Marantz PM6004, Beresford TC-7220 MKII, PS3, QED Silver Anniversary XT speaker cable, Wireworld Chroma 7 HDMIs, Chord Crimson Sub and RCA, Chord Superscreen Mains Cable, Netgear Prosafe 8 port Gigabit switch.

Bedroom:

Samsung UE40F7000, Sony BDV-E3100 5.1 Home Theatre System, X-Box 360.

Mobile Devices:

Google Nexus 5 Phone, Google Nexus 7 Tablet, Sony PS Vita.

pioneer7's picture

Its Ironic really this film had such great reviews from pretty much everyone critics an all, how true to comic it was, the qaulity of the 3D 

There was much anticipation and hope that a sequal would be on the cards,BUT as I understand it it cost only $80-million to make, but only took $50-million on opening, one would assume that it will make some money, but this does not bode well with the studios who after all want to make as much money a possible, maybe the 18cert had some thing to do with it, that is a lot of customers kids that can not see it, so that will hit hard, so they could have made it a 12A made $100-million made 3-Sequals 7-prequals then remake it again, you know what I mean. But the film would have been utter S--T, so fair play to the guy that wanted to keep it original, but I think a Sequal, I am not sure. The last Punisher was brilliant and that was made 3-times, but took a loss, Anyway just my bit good job  

L-R Mordaunt Short Avant 153 in-walls. Avant 165 Centre in-wall.QED Cables. Pioneer surrounds Pioneer SC-2022 Receiver 

Panasonic 50-GT50.Plasma

My system http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/lounge-tart-uppt-1

mitch65's picture

pioneer7 wrote:

Its Ironic really this film had such great reviews from pretty much everyone critics an all, how true to comic it was, the qaulity of the 3D 

There was much anticipation and hope that a sequal would be on the cards,BUT as I understand it it cost only $80-million to make, but only took $50-million on opening, one would assume that it will make some money, but this does not bode well with the studios who after all want to make as much money a possible, maybe the 18cert had some thing to do with it, that is a lot of customers kids that can not see it, so that will hit hard, so they could have made it a 12A made $100-million made 3-Sequals 7-prequals then remake it again, you know what I mean. But the film would have been utter S--T, so fair play to the guy that wanted to keep it original, but I think a Sequal, I am not sure. The last Punisher was brilliant and that was made 3-times, but took a loss, Anyway just my bit good job  

$45m was the budget, which is bloody good considering special effects, 3D costs, etc., and $36m at the box office but the result is the same - good film, faithful to source material but still scarred by Stallones/Cannons 1995 abomination....ho hum.

Rotel RCD-965BX

Denon TU-260LII

NAC A5 - Spendor SA-1

AKG K551

pioneer7's picture

Shock Cricky that little, that is a shame, one can only hope for a 2nd, time will tell.

L-R Mordaunt Short Avant 153 in-walls. Avant 165 Centre in-wall.QED Cables. Pioneer surrounds Pioneer SC-2022 Receiver 

Panasonic 50-GT50.Plasma

My system http://www.whathifi.com/forum/your-system/lounge-tart-uppt-1

mitch65's picture

That's what happens when a British production company gets involved, it's the ability to do great things with very little money.

Rotel RCD-965BX

Denon TU-260LII

NAC A5 - Spendor SA-1

AKG K551

Andy H's picture

Good spot, just ordered

Cheers.excellent!

Sonos > DacMagic > Arcam A90, P90 > ProAc Studio 140