27 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Yamaha YSP-2200 sound bar or LG NB3520A soundbar.

Hi palaceman,

You say you've got your sky box connected up to it but you've not said how. As the sky box doesn't transmit DD 5.1 thru the hdmi port i'm guessing it's connected via one of digital output sockets. ?

How is your tv connected to the bar ? Do you get sound from the bar when using one of the in built tunners ?

Cheers,

Phil. 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Sorry palaceman, just read up on the ARC function, my tv doesn't support it. It says you can select what type of audio input it recieves. Could it be that you have yours set to digital and the smart stuff is probably anologue ? Maybe worth a try.

Cheers,

Phil.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

squareeyes wrote:

Sorry palaceman, just read up on the ARC function, my tv doesn't support it. It says you can select what type of audio input it recieves. Could it be that you have yours set to digital and the smart stuff is probably anologue ? Maybe worth a try.

Cheers,

Phil.

Phil thanks for the reply, I can't seem to find any separate output for the smart area. I think I'll give Yamaha a ring to sort it. 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

No worries mate, sorry i couldn't help.

Post back what Yamaha have to say tho won't you.

Cheers,

Phil. 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

squareeyes wrote:

No worries mate, sorry i couldn't help.

Post back what Yamaha have to say tho won't you.

Cheers,

Phil. 

Have so far got a result, I tried an optical cable from the TV into the TV input on the 2200 with no luck then tried it in the other optical slot, input 1, for it to work!!  Surprised neither 2200 or TV manual suggests this, they give the impression it all runs via HDMI. Maybe it can, but yet to suss it out, shall wait forvYamahas response. 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

That's good news then.

Could it be that the tv input was set to recieve a different input method ? You can asign the TV output to recieve a veriety of signal input connections.

Phil.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Hi palaceman, could you just confirm how your sky box is connected and if you use any of the tuners built into the tv. I'm just trying to get my head around what signals the bar is receiving. 

Cheers, 

Phil.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

squareeyes wrote:

Hi palaceman, could you just confirm how your sky box is connected and if you use any of the tuners built into the tv. I'm just trying to get my head around what signals the bar is receiving. 

Cheers, 

Phil.

Hi Phil,

my Sky box goes into the 2200 as does my blu-ray via HDMI. Then out of the 2200 into the TV's HDMI ARC input, which is the first HDMI slot of four and the recommended one. The TV is then selected to HDMI 1 which marries up with HDMI 1 on the soundbar. As does the blu ray when required. It's then when I switch to smart, which comes via the Internet, that it won't come via HDMI. 

At the minute the optical from the TV into, input 1 on the 2200 works well so I'm fairly content with that. I've still not heard from Yamaha if this is the best way or only way to receive sound from the smart  bit. 

Thanks for your interest, 

also, 

Phil. 

clle's picture

Hi don't know if this will help but I have the hdmi direct from sky into my TV for the picture not the YSP 2200 and then the optical lead from sky to the yamaha for sound.  For the smart function could then you put the hdmi direct from another of the TV's HDMI inputs to an HDMI input on the soundbar ?

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Colin

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture

Evening guys,

Collin, this is how I have my sky box connected as this is the ONLY WAY  to get a full fat DD5.1 signal to the 2200. ( the sky box doesn't pass a 5.1 signal thu hdmi like blu ray players etc.)

Phil, with you feeding both your sky hdmi and blu ray hdmi into your 2200, how do you know if the ARC is actually working ? Your getting sound now because your feeding the 2200 directly. Isn't the ARC channel ment to send audio from different devices plugged into your tv back to the bar to cut down on cables ?

Reading the manual in the ARC section, it talks about assigning the signal input in the 2200 settings, much like you can do for the TV output on the 2200.

Cheers,

Phil.

KeithT's picture

Hi Phil,

Finally got around to doing this last week, makes a big difference.  Happyish now until Angel I can afford a big 5.1 and (b) have the right room for option a!!

Keith

Pages