Which new speakers to buy as an upgrade ?
Hi there !
I am looking since some time now for an upgrade to my speakers in my home cinema setup.
I already tried several speaker setups, but there wasn 't any which could convince me to go for the buy.
I like Home Cinema as well as HiFi, but the reason for upgrade is for 2 channel HiFi sessions (CD)
Let me first describe to you my current setup, from source to speaker:
Tag Mclaren DVD32R --> Chord Company Signature digtal interconnect
Tag Mclaren AV32Rbp192 --> 6 x Chord Company Chorus Analog interconnect
Tag Mclaren 700:7R --> Chord Company Odyssey speaker cable
Mission Volare V63 main speakers, bi-amped connected to power amp
Mission Volare center speaker, rears and REL Q150 MKII subwoofer
I would like to change the main speakers as a first step, in the price range of +/- 3000 £ for a pair of floorstanders
What I already auditioned + my foundings:
- Mission Elegante: the low end sounded to wooly for my taste
- Monitor Audio Gold: if it was a bit less bright, the perfect speaker
- Totem Staf: very laid back
- M & K 850: superb for Home Cinema, but not for HiFi
- Tag Mclaren Caliopes (without base modules): superb resolution and sound stage, but way too bright, shame
- Dynaudio Contour 1.3: very nice on a Arcam setup, but no nice match with Tag gear...
My personal taste goes to neutral, with a little leened towards the bright side, bot not too bright
Please advice on possible matching speakers for my home cinema setup, knowing my system, my personal taste and my findings on already auditioned speakers.