7 posts / 0 new
Last post
admin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 04/09/2013 - 14:19
Posts: 51595
Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

First of all - thanks to all those who helped on my original post a couple of weeks ago - I now need your help again !

I have managed to get my hands on a Denon AVR 1911 AV Receiver at a ridiculously low price, all looked well until I was connecting everything up last night only to discover that something looks to have snapped off inside the connection for the Sub Woofer meaning I can't connect it. (Maybe that's why I got the bargain price)...

It looks like hard white plastic and despite my best efforts I can't get whatever it is out of there. The rest of the Amp seems to work fine so is there another way I can set up my Sub Woofer now ?

The Blu-Ray player I have is a Panasonic DMP BD30 with a connection for a Sub Woofer and I watch TV via the SKY HD box with all audio coming via the AMP.

Any ideas would be most welcome - thanks in advance.
.

Timbot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/2010 - 21:33
Posts: 199
RE: Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

What sub do you have?

 

If it has "Speaker level inputs" then there should be another way to do it. Basically you'd need to set the receiver to 5.0 (or 2.0 or 3.0 depending on how many speakers you have- just make sure it doesn't think there's a sub and all the LFEs will come through the speaker outputs rather than the sub out).

You then need to connect the front left and right from the receiver to the speaker level left and right inputs on the sub and then connect the front left and right speakers to the left and right speaker out on the sub.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

Timbot wrote:

What sub do you have?

 

If it has "Speaker level inputs" then there should be another way to do it. Basically you'd need to set the receiver to 5.0 (or 2.0 or 3.0 depending on how many speakers you have- just make sure it doesn't think there's a sub and all the LFEs will come through the speaker outputs rather than the sub out).

You then need to connect the front left and right from the receiver to the speaker level left and right inputs on the sub and then connect the front left and right speakers to the left and right speaker out on the sub.

Cheers Timbot - unfortunately the only controls I have on the sub are the on/off button, volume switch and the connection from the sub to the receiver - any other suggestions ?? 

Timbot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/06/2010 - 21:33
Posts: 199
RE: Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

Err... New sub or new receiver? Or you'll just have to try to get the broken plastic out of the sub out.

RobinKidderminster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 27/05/2009 - 14:24
Posts: 2496
RE: Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

suggest small 'needle' drill from model shop about 1mm or 2mm?

Yamaha V2065. MS Mezzo 5.1 Panasonic 42. Sony BD. Garrard 86SB. WD Live TV. SkyHD.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/lounge-hc-signature-update-bass-traps

 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

Timbot wrote:
Err... New sub or new receiver? Or you'll just have to try to get the broken plastic out of the sub out.

 

The piece of plastic is stuck in the receiver - I've managed to get most of it out by screwing in a very small screw and removing it gently, each time it seems to have brought out more of the plastic - hopefully this has done the trick.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Sub Woofer / AV Receiver Problem - Please Help !

RobinKidderminster wrote:

suggest small 'needle' drill from model shop about 1mm or 2mm?

 

'Yes' - that seemed to be the general consensus from looking elsewhere too - thanks for your help.

Log in or register to post comments