19 replies [Last post]
Sliced Bread's picture
RE: Speakers to Pair with Yamaha RX-A1010

duaplex wrote:

Sliced Bread wrote:
duaplex wrote:

Sliced Bread wrote:

Welcome Nilesh.

As you have narrowed down a short list, the best advice I can give is to go and demo but for what it’s worth below is my opinion of a comparison between the cm8 and rx6's using an Onkyo rather than Yamaha amplifier:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/bw-cm8-vs-ma-rx6-mission-782-home-demo-results-0

In terms of CM8 vs CM9 or  RX6 vs RX8, this will depend greatly on the room.

Separately, WHF recommend the CM9’s with Yamahas 3020, so assuming the house sound is similar across the range then these might be worth considering too.

I would love to hear how you get on if you demo them, as I’m considering replacing my Onkyo with a Yamaha or Pioneer amp so I’m coming at it from the other side J

Interesting, I would love to hear what you pair with them and demo, if you upgrade.  The Pioneer is simply stunning with our speakers, so for me the LX86 should be top of your demo list, followed by the Yahmaha :) 

Yeah, it's on your recomendation that I'm going to try the Pioneer Smile I love the Onkyo but it has developed a fault. I personally expect a 1400 pound amp to last longer than it has so I will probably change brands, I'm really looking forward to it, but I have a few other prioriities at the moment (flood in the kitchen from upstairs). I'll definitely post up when I get the chance to do it Smile

I'm flattered Smile I can't wait to hear your reaction!

Yeah I'm really looking forward to it Smile I'm hoping I prefer the Pioneer as it is a little better looking than the Yamaha. Though both are genuine super models compared to the looks of my Onkyo..eiw.

Samsung PS50Q96HD (Screen) | CA 640c V2 (CD) | Pioneer BDP 320 (BluRay) | Onkyo 905 (Amp) | B&W CM8, CMC & CM1 (Speakers) | MA RS-12 (Sub) | Chord Odyssey 4 (Speaker Cable) | Van den Hul - The Name (Interconnects)

duaplex's picture

Sliced Bread wrote:
Ben K. wrote:

17' x 14' here and no problems with RX8s

That sounds promising for the OP. RX8 and CM9 maybe Wink

Ah the dream, I can only imagine the CM9 Smile

What about the Q900s they are worth a demo too for the OP

Panasonic 65" 3D TV (P65VT50), Pioneer LX83, CA, Azur 751BD, PS3, Water Cooled Xbox 360 (Modded), Nintendo Wii U, Xbox One, Sony PS4, Sky HD+, i7 PC overclocked with Nvidia 780 GTX, CM8 Fronts (Bi-Amped), CMC Center (Bi-Wired), DS3 Dipoles, PV1 Sub. Van Den Hul M.C. Snowtrack >Halogen Free< wiring, Chord Active Silver HDMI's, Cabridge Audio AUD700 Analogues Interconnects, QED Signature Subwoofer cables, Chunky Monkey custom oak AV cabinet.

nilz76's picture

Cheers Guys, I'll take a look at the KEF Q900's. See if I can arrange to have a listen. Awesome looking speaker I think.

Yahama RX-A1010 | Panasonic DMP-BDT300 | Sky+HD | Samsung UE46ES8000 3DTV | WDTV | Misson M74 Kit | QED Speaker Cables & Connects | Monster HDMI Cables

Mordaunt Short 8's? I'm biassed. Personal preference certainly. Good luck

Mordaunt Short Mezzo System C - 8,5,1,9.Yamaha V2065. SonyS570. Panasonic TX-P42G20B., Sky HD 1TB. Garrard 86SB. PF30. Wii. WDTV Live. Harmony One. STAX300. QED cabling. Galaxy Tab 10.1

System Photos - http://s1051.photobucket.com/user/robinkidderminster/library/?sort=3&page=1

Base trap Project -  http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/corner-base-trap-completed-project?page=1