9 posts / 0 new
Last post
gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13063
The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray
English

Hi

 

I got the above Blu-Ray for my dad but it won't play, it just says unknown Blu-Ray.  Does anyone else have any experience of this disk?  Or is it another return job!   Smile

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/10/2010 - 19:33
Posts: 5487
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

Or is it another case of The Stones ripping off their fans?  :grin:

Lounge: Panasonic TX-P50GT50 / Yamaha RX-A2020 / Panasonic DMP-BDT110 / Dali Zensor 3 / Dali Zensor Vokal / Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition / Roksan Radius 5.2 / WDTV My Book Live / Seagate Expansion / Sky HD Box 

unfocused's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 21/06/2009 - 11:21
Posts: 101
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

I'm a big Stones fan and bought this one the day of release - plays perfectly on my Marantz player. Great show too!

simonlewis's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 15/04/2008 - 10:17
Posts: 3537
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

I presume it doesn't need a firmware update ???

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13063
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW wrote:

Or is it another case of The Stones ripping off their fans?  :grin:

 

Could be!   :grin:

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13063
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

unfocused wrote:

I'm a big Stones fan and bought this one the day of release - plays perfectly on my Marantz player. Great show too!

 

:cheers:   That is good to know.  Yep, I bought it as a Father's Day present.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13063
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

simonlewis wrote:

I presume it doesn't need a firmware update ???

 

I don't know mate, I has the latest one on it.  It's a Pioneer 71 too.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Glacialpath's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 07/04/2010 - 10:53
Posts: 537
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

gel wrote:

I don't know mate, I has the latest one on it.  It's a Pioneer 71 too.

Do you meanthe Pioneer LX 71? That's the player I have. I would try the disc in another player. Of course it works as it plays in the other guys Marants player.

I f the LX71 is on the latest firmware then you might have to send the disc to Pioneer so that can take an image of it and send out an firmware upgrade for that player. If one disc doesn't work, sending it back for another one won't make any difference. Don't change the player as it's a very good BD player. The Nick Cage film Trespass won't work on the LX71  but is fine on any other player. I called Pioneer and they told me to send it to them. I haven't got round to doing it yet but you should try it.

Hi-Fi: Campridge audio D500 SE, DACMagic 1, C500, P500.. Monitor Audio BR1 speakers.

H-T: Pioneer; Kuro LX5090, BDP LX71, SC LX73. CA P500. SKY+HD. Rel Q50. Mordaunt Short Avant.

gel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 22/11/2008 - 19:22
Posts: 13063
RE: The Rolling Stone Sweet Summer Sun Hyde Park Live Blu-Ray

Glacialpath wrote:

gel wrote:

I don't know mate, I has the latest one on it.  It's a Pioneer 71 too.

Do you meanthe Pioneer LX 71? That's the player I have. I would try the disc in another player. Of course it works as it plays in the other guys Marants player.

I f the LX71 is on the latest firmware then you might have to send the disc to Pioneer so that can take an image of it and send out an firmware upgrade for that player. If one disc doesn't work, sending it back for another one won't make any difference. Don't change the player as it's a very good BD player. The Nick Cage film Trespass won't work on the LX71  but is fine on any other player. I called Pioneer and they told me to send it to them. I haven't got round to doing it yet but you should try it.

 

:cheers:   Thanks.

Home cinema system: LG 55EA980W OLED TV,  Pioneer Bdp-lx71, Pioneer Vsx-lx70, B&W FPM Series, B&W PV1.

Gadgets: iPad 2 and iPhone 4s.  Headphones: B&O H6.  Dab radio: Roberts Dreamtime.

 

Log in or register to post comments