15 posts / 0 new
Last post
bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 58 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12950
Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo
stavvy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/07/2013 - 14:24
Posts: 101
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

will be interesting to see what their combined efforts result in

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 58 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12950
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

I think they will maintain 2 distinct brands, similar to Denon and Marantz.

stavvy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/07/2013 - 14:24
Posts: 101
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

i think you''re right although it will be interesting to see if they share knowledge to enhance their own av / hifi products or if they will jointly manufacture the same av reciever for example but you can buy it with a pioneer badge or onkyo badge (a bit like what toyota and subaru done with their roadster thing they build, exactly the same car with different badges).  I'm not saying this in a negative way, I think they both build superb equipment and combination of knowledge could only be a good thing. I wasnt aware of the Denon / Marantz partnership.

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 57 min ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11279
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

The next time the Pioneer or Onkyo rep is in, I'll see if I can find out anything.

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

stavvy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 11/07/2013 - 14:24
Posts: 101
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

excellent, will be interesting to hear if you find anything...

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 14/01/2009 - 12:49
Posts: 958
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

Whereas in fact it seems it's opening talks to sell its home entertainment business to Baring Private Equity Asia, forming an entitity in which Baring will have the controlling interest, and Onkyo and Pioneer yet-to-be-disclosed (if it actually happens) minority shares.

mr malarky's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 04/04/2009 - 13:14
Posts: 908
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

The involvement of a private equity group is a potential worry, not trying to tar them all with the same brush but they often focus on short term cost cutting rather than quality and long term investment. If you like pioneer and want Dolby Atmos then the upcoming 88 might be worth grabbing and holding on to.

bigboss's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 58 min ago
Joined: 25/03/2009 - 21:40
Posts: 12950
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

Aren't Denon & Marantz under a similar agreement in the name of D&M holdings?

spiny norman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 14/01/2009 - 12:49
Posts: 958
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

bigboss wrote:
Aren't Denon & Marantz under a similar agreement in the name of D&M holdings?

I think it changed its name a year or two back to D+M Group.

ellisdj's picture
Online
Last seen: 9 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 11/12/2008 - 17:55
Posts: 1386
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

Pioneer Receivers might end up with Auddessey

Meridian 861 V4 LPSU, HD621, Bryston 9BSST - GIK Acoustics

Monitor Audio PL100, GXC 150, GXFX, SVS SB13 ULTRA

Custom Audio PC LPSU + Batts, JPLAY, JCAT and PPA Studio

Panny 65VT65, Marantz UD7007, Graham Slee Cables, Isotek, XLO

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1605
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

ellisdj wrote:

Pioneer Receivers might end up with Auddessey

Nooooooo Wink

Sliced Bread's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 28/07/2010 - 14:46
Posts: 1506
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

michael hoy wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

Pioneer Receivers might end up with Auddessey

Nooooooo Wink

+ 1million

MCACC is the first EQ system I've used that I've actually rated.,  Auddessey just seems to suck the life out of a system IMO.

 

It could potentially go the other way though as Onkyo must pay a fee to Audessey, but with Pioneer on board they'll have access to MCACC instead  :rockout:

While we're on the subject, it's good to see that the LX88 will have Sub EQ. :cheers:

michael hoy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 06/10/2008 - 18:56
Posts: 1605
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

Sliced Bread wrote:

michael hoy wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

Pioneer Receivers might end up with Auddessey

Nooooooo Wink

+ 1million

MCACC is the first EQ system I've used that I've actually rated.,  Auddessey just seems to suck the life out of a system IMO.

 

It could potentially go the other way though as Onkyo must pay a fee to Audessey, but with Pioneer on board they'll have access to MCACC instead  :rockout:

While we're on the subject, it's good to see that the LX88 will have Sub EQ. :cheers:

I'm glad as well, just aout to purchase an antimode but will wait now.

Sliced Bread's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 28/07/2010 - 14:46
Posts: 1506
RE: Pioneer selling its AV business to Onkyo

michael hoy wrote:

Sliced Bread wrote:

michael hoy wrote:

ellisdj wrote:

Pioneer Receivers might end up with Auddessey

Nooooooo Wink

+ 1million

MCACC is the first EQ system I've used that I've actually rated.,  Auddessey just seems to suck the life out of a system IMO.

 

It could potentially go the other way though as Onkyo must pay a fee to Audessey, but with Pioneer on board they'll have access to MCACC instead  :rockout:

While we're on the subject, it's good to see that the LX88 will have Sub EQ. :cheers:

I'm glad as well, just aout to purchase an antimode but will wait now.

Snap!  I was thinking the same thing Smile

 

The AnitMode will probably still have more EQ bands an so will be more accurate, however MCACC is in the digital domain rather than the A-D-A conversion taking place on the Antimode.

 

Log in or register to post comments