Englishbull's picture
Pioneer - KRP 500A
English

Dance 4

Englishbull's picture
RE: Pioneer - KRP 500A

As usual the post has not posted!!

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has wall mounted their KRP TV?

After 3 years i have deceided to wall mount this TV, I started to attempt this today and when looking at the back of the TV where the fixings are for the bolts i see there are 2 large screws already in the TV. Both of these are in the way of the two brackets to sit flush against the TV. Now 1. Are these ok to be removed? 2. They are in very tight, i have tried to unscrew them but no luck.

Any help on this would be great.

cheers

Dance 4

bigboss's picture

It's been more than 3 years since I had mine wall mounted. From what I can remember, those screws are meant to be removed. Can you post some pics of the rear to refresh my memory please?

The_Lhc's picture

My 500a doesn't have any bolts standing proud from the back so I think you'll be fine to remove them. Wasn't a display model was it?

Englishbull's picture

Hi

thanks for coming back - There soes not seerm to be any option to add a Photo on this Forum!!!

Dance 4

Englishbull's picture

After futher inspection - they could be something to do with the Stand it is sitting on.  Maybe just on very tight.

I knew this job would not be easy!!!!

Dance 4

The_Lhc's picture

It's the little icon of a tree, you need to link it to the photo hosted on Flickr or somewhere like that though, rather than stored locally.

scene's picture

Miner's wall mounted and I don't remember there being any bolts on the back. As you and others say, they're probably from the current stand. Worth remembering that if you're going to lay your screen down on the floor to remove them, you should sweep/vacuum the floor first and put a folded blanket or thin duvet on the ground to protect the screen.

buzz_lightclick's picture

I've recently mounted my KRP500A to a cantilever stand so I know exactly which screws you are referring to.

I got my set 2nd hand a couple of years ago with a pedestal stand already attached to it and used to use this with the tv on top of a stand but, I had to buy a new bigger tv stand to accommodate my Pioneer LX83 amp which is massive.

I couldn't work out how to fully remove the pedestal after removing 2 screws at the bottom until I had given up and was about to try mounting the tv with part of the pedestal still attached.  The 2 screws you mention are some way up the back of the set just below the lower wall mount holes.  As I undid them the pedestal started moving and I suddenly realised it was these screws that were the reason why the pedestal was still attached.  I removed them and then the pedestal and  successfully mounted the tv on the cantilever, but it was a difficult procedure lining up the holes even with 2 people as the tv is so heavy.

Pioneer KRP-500A, Sky+HD, M.A. Apex, B&W PV1D, Oppo 95, Apple TV3, PS3, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, B&W P7, Bose QC3

Englishbull's picture

Thanks for the feedback, as thought the screws were the stand. Tv is now on the wall and looking good.

Dance 4