207 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
Yawn

ideal av wrote:
anyway now that you have asked, new subs from MK are just around the corner, their are as I understand it 3 new models all with twin drivers cabs, 2 x 8", 2 X 10" & 2 x 12"

and i`ve heard rumours ahem!! of a new reference sub from them so its lookinjg rosy for mk at the moment i`m sure

so watch this space as they say

Are these the same subs that were supposed to be released the end of last year but were not.  Then around March/April this year but were not.  That is on top of the 'rumours' that have been knocking around for the past 3 years.  I wonder who started them.

'They' say a lot of things and it is mostly rubbish.

ideal av wrote:
mind the the new JL Audio subs I have are simply awesome...........

Of course they are.  You sell them.

MUSICRAFT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 23/03/2009 - 20:38
Posts: 4650
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

ideal av wrote:

Hi Rick

how`s it going have you run the fathoms in yet, they really do get better and better  

Hi Alan

I've mostly been using the Fathom f113  Smile  The Fathom f113 is truly excellent  :star:  As i said earlier the Fathom f113 reproduces massively fast, tight and deep bass which is supported with great power, grip, drive and hard hitting dynamics  twisted

Anyway, roll on the Fathom f212 :twisted: and the Gotham :twisted: :pray:

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/f212-gloss-home-audio-fathom-powered-subwoofers-96150

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/home-audio-powered-subwoofers-gotham

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

 

 

Musicraft (Derby) - Specialist Hi-Fi, AV & Multimedia dealer

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 42 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11602
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

Hmmm. A single 13" or a dual 12".....

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

TheHomeCinemaCentre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 6 days ago
Joined: 01/10/2008 - 20:34
Posts: 1485
RE: Paradigm SUB 15,

@David - who else is demonstrating the KK subs in the UK?

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 42 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11602
RE: Paradigm SUB 15,

No one Nick - we are exclusive UK retailers. The UK dristributor also supplies the UK, but obviously they have no premises over here Smile

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

 

MUSICRAFT wrote:
As i said earlier the Fathom f113 reproduces massively fast, tight and deep bass which is supported with great power, grip, drive and hard hitting dynamics

Not as fast, tight, deep, powerful, grippy, driven or hard hitting as a DXD12012. :hand:

 

 

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:
Hmmm. A single 13" or a dual 12".....

With the F113 at £3695 you can get a pair of DXD12012s for just £250 more.  There was not really any competition with the DXD12012 at £2495 so at £1979 it is game over.  ROFL

MUSICRAFT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 23/03/2009 - 20:38
Posts: 4650
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

Howdy CaptHowdy

Good to see your support for the DXD-12012 :beer:  Anyway, hold that thought.

In the meantime good accurate audio monitoring and good sound reproduction to you Smile

All the best

Sheriff Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft (Derby) - Specialist Hi-Fi, AV & Multimedia dealer

MUSICRAFT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 23/03/2009 - 20:38
Posts: 4650
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

Howdy CaptHowdy

Good to see your support for the DXD-12012  :beer:  Anyway, hold that thought.

In the meantime good accurate audio monitoring and good sound reproduction to you Smile

All the best

Sheriff Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft (Derby) - Specialist Hi-Fi, AV & Multimedia dealer

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

MUSICRAFT wrote:

Howdy CaptHowdy

Good to see your support for the DXD-12012 :beer:  Anyway, hold that thought.

In the meantime good accurate audio monitoring and good sound reproduction to you Smile

All the best

Sheriff Rick @ Musicraft

and sarcasm is like a second language to me so I am right there with ya.  Wink

MUSICRAFT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 23/03/2009 - 20:38
Posts: 4650
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

CaptHowdy wrote:

MUSICRAFT wrote:

Howdy CaptHowdy

Good to see your support for the DXD-12012 :beer:  Anyway, hold that thought.

In the meantime good accurate audio monitoring and good sound reproduction to you Smile

All the best

Sheriff Rick @ Musicraft

and sarcasm is like a second language to me so I am right there with ya.  Wink

Howdy partner

I don't know what you're talking about :?

All the best

Sheriff Rick @ Musicraft

Musicraft (Derby) - Specialist Hi-Fi, AV & Multimedia dealer

ideal av's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 23/04/2012 - 19:28
Posts: 54
RE: Yawn

CaptHowdy wrote:
are these the same subs that were supposed to be released the end of last year but were not.  Then around March/April this year but were not.  That is on top of the 'rumours' that have been knocking around for the past 3 years.  I wonder who started them.

'They' say a lot of things and it is mostly rubbish.

ideal av wrote:
mind the the new JL Audio subs I have are simply awesome...........

Of course they are.  You sell them.

 they probably are the same ones but why do you say they talk rubbish?

 with "they" who exactly are you referring to do you mind me asking

 these things take time as i`m sure you will understand, and whats the point in releasing a product if its not ready, talk about its coming yes, why not everyone else does, its called marketing.

JL Audio aren`t awesome because I sell them

I sell them because they are awesome, well to me they are and everyone else who has heard them here

 if you want to come for a listen your welcome anytime

    Allan

ideal av's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 23/04/2012 - 19:28
Posts: 54
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

CaptHowdy]</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>[quote=MUSICRAFT wrote:
As i said earlier the Fathom f113 reproduces massively fast, tight and deep bass which is supported with great power, grip, drive and hard hitting dynamics

Not as fast, tight, deep, powerful, grippy, driven or hard hitting as a DXD12012. :hand:

  so I take it thats from comparing them both side by side, your opinion is only valid if this has been done

 has it been arrived at this way or is it just speculation

 if you want to come and see for yourself then come along, i`ve got a DXD12012 here now

 i`m on an install the rest of the day but free all sunday pm, the DXD12012 is going back to its owner at 3.30pm tomorrow afternoon so don`t miss this chance if you want to do a side by side comparison.

 theirs a MX350, a Fathom f112 & f113 to compare it to

  Allan

 

 

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Yawn

ideal av wrote:
they probably are the same ones but why do you say they talk rubbish?

 with "they" who exactly are you referring to do you mind me asking

 these things take time as i`m sure you will understand, and whats the point in releasing a product if its not ready, talk about its coming yes, why not everyone else does, its called marketing.

JL Audio aren`t awesome because I sell them

I sell them because they are awesome, well to me they are and everyone else who has heard them here

 if you want to come for a listen your welcome anytime

    Allan

You were the one that first mention 'they' so not sure why you are asking me.

 

It seems that the Subs were ready but the release of the KK Subs then had a big impact on the original plan.

 

I have already heard the 113 and for me it did not live up to the asking price.  It is well built and does look and feel expensive but to me the performance is probably worth around £1500 now that the DXD12012 has dropped in price.  It reminded me of the old SVS SB13 but with a bit more punch and control.  I much preferred the Velodyne DD12+ at the same price.  I also preferred the Paradigm Sub 15 at £500 less.  But then came the DXD12012 and at £2500 is was too good to ignore.  Now it is down to £1979 I really could not imagine why anyone would weant to spend so much more for something with a lower performance.  If a single Sub is required then it would take something like the Paradigm Sub1 to improve on the DXD12012 and possibly the Velodyne DD15+ would have a chance if onbaord EQ was required.  But with both of them at around the £4500 mark I highly recommend making room for dual DXD12012s.

 

I am not saying the F113 is a bad Sub but it just is not worth £3695 and does not match the performance of a single DXD12012.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

ideal av wrote:
Not as fast, tight, deep, powerful, grippy, driven or hard hitting as a DXD12012. :hand:

  so I take it thats from comparing them both side by side, your opinion is only valid if this has been done

 has it been arrived at this way or is it just speculation

 if you want to come and see for yourself then come along, i`ve got a DXD12012 here now

 i`m on an install the rest of the day but free all sunday pm, the DXD12012 is going back to its owner at 3.30pm tomorrow afternoon so don`t miss this chance if you want to do a side by side comparison.

 theirs a MX350, a Fathom f112 & f113 to compare it to

  Allan

Yes I have heard the F113 as I have just pointed out.

v1c's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 08/02/2009 - 18:10
Posts: 695
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

MUSICRAFT wrote:

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/f212-gloss-home-audio-fathom-powered-subwoofers-96150

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/home-audio-powered-subwoofers-gotham

I was thinking that a quattro quattro stack of DXD12012 was a bit unobtainable until i saw the price of the fathom gotham

£10995. So if you were to go with the recommended 4 sub option advocated by various publication that would be £43980

Taking the KK 4 sub quattro route would be £31664. Would 4 13.5" dual subs be better than 16 12" dual subs even discounting you'd be paying £12316 more. I think if you could afford to pay circa 31K for subwoofers you would have the room for Quattro Quattro stack.

I'm sure the Fathoms are great but they do seem a tad overpriced.

I think you have actually highlighted what great value the KK's are Rick :cheers:

 

 

 

Pages

Log in or register to post comments