207 posts / 0 new
Last post
v1c's picture
Ken Kreisel dxd

I see L sound have a price reduction of 17% on the DXD12012 and 25% on the DXD808 to bring inline with european pricing that's approx £424 off the price of each at uk prices. Will that be the case David ?.

David@FrankHarvey's picture
RE: Ken Kreisel dxd

Hi v1c

Our prices will be updated on our website soon to fall in line with Europe's pricing. It follows L Sound's move to direct selling rather than being just a distributor. So the DXD12012 will be around £1995 and the DXD808 will be around £1195 Dance 4

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

Son_of_SJ's picture

Well, L Sound sold an SVS PC-12 Plus to me in March, so they weren't being only a distributor then. I probably won't be able to afford it, David, but what will your new price for the top SVS cylinder subwoofer, the PC-13 Ultra, be?

Son_of_SJ wrote:
Well, L Sound sold an SVS PC-12 Plus to me in March, so they weren't being only a distributor then. I probably won't be able to afford it, David, but what will your new price for the top SVS cylinder subwoofer, the PC-13 Ultra, be?

We're waiting for the new pricing to come from the new UK distributor at the moment. I don't know if it will be identical pricing for SVS or not until then.

v1c's picture
RE: Paradigm SUB 15, Ken Kreisel 5000 Mark3 .

moonfly wrote:

FWIW, Ive offered many times to arrange a get together, but always get the same responses and the offer is always declined, for what ever reason.

Well if some of the threads i've read are anything to go by it would be boxing gloves not subwoofers needed ROFL

v1c's picture

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

Hi v1c

Our prices will be updated on our website soon to fall in line with Europe's pricing. It follows L Sound's move to direct selling rather than being just a distributor. So the DXD12012 will be around £1995 and the DXD808 will be around £1195 Dance 4

Thanks David that is good news indeed Dance 4

moonfly's picture
RE: Paradigm SUB 15, Ken Kreisel 5000 Mark3 .

v1c wrote:

moonfly wrote:

FWIW, Ive offered many times to arrange a get together, but always get the same responses and the offer is always declined, for what ever reason.

Well if some of the threads i've read are anything to go by it would be boxing gloves not subwoofers needed ROFL

Lol, thats not what I'm about. I like to think I'm impartial and honest. A few years ago I was an ultra owner, and it showed me a whole new world of performance. I loved the sub and the prices back then where amazing, I couldnt afford anything better. Still, as impressive as it was I wasnt convinced it did everything right. I still searched for better bass, and that search lead me to M&K MX 125's. I demo'd a pair at home and although even two of those subs didnt do the low end like the ultra, I new they had something special I needed in my life, and I wasnt scared to admit it. I began looking for something that were basically the M&K's that could do what the ultra did low down. I couldnt find anything in any demo rooms that came close and many where very expensive. Looking online at even more expensive stuff had me wandering why I couldnt find bass I was every happy with. That lead me into an obsession to learn everything I could about bass thats yet to wind down. Ive since enjoyed bass thats had me eyes closed all night, and producd smiles at the most unexpected moments in films,

Thats all I'm about. I've built a fair few subs, spent hundreds or hours adjusting designs, testing and measuring,and experimenting with all aspects of eq. I did because I had to know the answer to the question 'why'. A lot of things can be explained but there is a level of understanding beyond that that cant really be conveyed, like system Q. There is only one way to correlate system Q to real world listening differences, but it makes a difference. Thats why Ive always been one to travel and try listen to other systems, and why I wanted to get together with David, I think his opinion of me would have changed.

All that aside, I dont think anyone who buys a KK sub will ever be unhappy with it. They still remain my favourite sounding commercial sub, and Ive not even heard the improved versions.

v1c's picture

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

Hi v1c

So it's £1979 for the DXD12012 and £1150 for the DXD808 Dance 4

Really refreshing to see a product actually reducing it's £ to $ ratio rather than staying the same. It would be great if some others followed suit Oppo EU103 for £349 ish instead of £499 as an example.

Anonymous
Anonymous's picture
RE: Paradigm SUB 15, Ken Kreisel 5000 Mark3 subwoofer advice

The price drop on the 12012 makes this even more of a redundant thread.  It has been entertaining though.

ideal av's picture

I was gonna keep out of this thread but Vic you`d have me working at a loss if the OPPO 103 was £349 >)

where on earth can you get a bluray player with this much spec on it for £349, tell me please :?

the KK`s dropping nearly 500quid and theirs still profit to be made, well has to make you think doesn`t it, shame about the owners who`ve bought them at £2500 as theirs has instantly de-valued itself

anyway the thread has been good up to now entertainment wise

Hi Rick

how`s it going have you run the fathoms in yet, they really do get better and better  

v1c's picture

ideal av wrote:

I was gonna keep out of this thread but Vic you`d have me working at a loss if the OPPO 103 was £349 >)

where on earth can you get a bluray player with this much spec on it for £349, tell me please

Hi , was just using as an example the Oppo is $499 in the USA so the real value is closer to £349. I'm not knocking you selling the Oppo at £499 to make a profit.... but it would be good if your suppliers reduced the price ratio so that you could sell at closer to the £350 mark and make a profit. This is what the KK's have done and as i said it is a refreshing change to have the $ value convert closer to an exchanged rate £ than stay the same £ value as the $ value. Would an owner of a KK DXD be unhappy the price has reduced maybe but if they saw the $ price they would realise in real terms they paid over the odds in the UK much like we are paying over the odds to buy an Oppo in the UK but not anymore for the KK's so that can only be a good thing.

While we are here what's the story with MKsound are they going to realese some new stuff or what they are very quiet.... nothing on the 950 floorstander nothing on the new MX range of subs have to say in comparison Ken's got me by the nads Smile

ideal av's picture

I know what you mean but once you`ve added customs handling duties and vat then their really isn`t a lot in it, apart from you have no warranty with an imported one unless you send it back to them.

that really must be considered surely

anyway now that you have asked, new subs from MK are just around the corner, their are as I understand it 3 new models all with twin drivers cabs, 2 x 8", 2 X 10" & 2 x 12"

and i`ve heard rumours ahem!! of a new reference sub from them so its lookinjg rosy for mk at the moment i`m sure

so watch this space as they say

mind the the new JL Audio subs I have are simply awesome...........

ideal av wrote:
 the KK`s dropping nearly 500quid and theirs still profit to be made, well has to make you think doesn`t it, shame about the owners who`ve bought them at £2500 as theirs has instantly de-valued itself

We look after our customers.

Does it make you think? No more than any other manufacturer making a profit, I suppose.

Ocassionally, some manufacturers reposition products in the market. Personally, I don't think the price drop was needed, because it was already the best sub out there for £2.5k. At £2k, its an absolute steal, with performance that exceeds the huge M&K MX5100SF - and as you know, that was a monster. I'd confidently put the DXD12012 up against ANY sub under £4k, and I'm sure it's value for money would be quite obvious. There's a number of subwoofer ranges out there that are way overpriced for what's on offer....

Chewy's picture

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

ideal av wrote:

We look after our customers.

Will you be refunding them their £500 loss then David?

As I say, we look after our customers Smile

Pages