New setup needed (upgrading from all-on-one) - advice please
So, after a lot of surfing, it appears that 3.5mm jacks for headphones on all-in-ones are a thing of the past - there appears to be another thread on these forums stating the same. This is disappointing as I watch stuff late at night while others are sleeping. Market oversight perhaps?
Anyway, this does lead me to the conclusion that a separates system is now the way to go.
And this is where I start to stumble. Could someone recommend me a setup, please? These are my requirements:
- Must have a 3.5mm jack for 'phones
- Housing for the units is limited so the receiver/amp/blu-ray musy have a small footpring
- 3D is unimportant as is 4K
- The rears will have to be "wireless" (appreciate they won't be fully wire-free)
- The setup needs to be 5.1 as I don't have room for any more speakers
- The speakers will need to be small but the sub can go big
- Budget £1,000 although I could be pushed higher
Any help or pointers would be most welcome.
Also, how do these connect, generally speaking, cable wise? HDMI to receiver, speakers to amp... but then what connects the transport to the receiver, receiver to amp etc.? I suppose it depends on the number of and types of units employed.
Sorry, I'm not particularly tech-savy.