Ok what you need to do is:
- Buy a HDMI to screw terminals wall plate
- Plug the above into the good end
- Get a multi meter or continuity tester and bell out each wire
- Write down the pins / colours!
- Use the HDMI to screw terminals plate to repair the broken end
---- You will need to individually sleeve the pairs and drain wires
---- Overall screen is often a crimp onto the foil - you will have to solder a drain wire to the foil carefully.
---- Be sure to keep pairs twisted right up to the terminal block
---- Be sure to keep all four pairs exactly the same length
This has worked for me before over ~15m @ 1080P, but YMMV.
Link removed from signature to comply with House rule no: 11 - Mods
Gear 7 - Audio Visual Installation and Home Automation Systems
© 2014 Haymarket Publishing