BK XXLS400 or Monolith? Please help me decide
I'm moving into a bigger house and want to buy a better sub for the movies. I haven't measured the room yet, I'm waiting for the keys. I've seen the living room, it's medium sized for a 3-bed house.
The sub needs to be a downwards firing and up to £500.
I have a dilemma XXLS400 or Monolith?
Could you please see the below and help me decide?
My set up:
Amplifier: Yamaha DSP-AX763
Front: Wharfedale Diamond 9.1
Rear: Wharfedale Diamond 9.0
Centre: to follow
Current sub: REL Q200E
Pro's I found so far fo each:
- Deeper bass! I don't mind if it's a little bit slow and not good with music
- I mainly watch TV & films
- Better & more punchy higher bass (based on forum opinions). It could integrate better with my front speakers. I'm going to set crossover on 80 Hz
- Higher chance I won't need AntiMode (no bass reflex, easier to position)
- Smaller & easier to position correctly. Monolith migh need to stay in the corner
- Less risk of a complaint from neighbour (semi-detached house)
I could accept the bad sides of Monolith for the sofa shaking movie effects. The question is - Is it a bad idea in my case?
Thanks for advice!