23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tacty's picture
RE: I think it might sound good

audioaddict wrote:
I think it might sound good as I listened to the excellent budget as500 and cd300 today and for the money was very impressed

tell me more tell me more! what speakers were involved?

plastic penguin's picture

Tacty wrote:

audioaddict wrote:
I think it might sound good as I listened to the excellent budget as500 and cd300 today and for the money was very impressed

tell me more tell me more! what speakers were involved?

B&W CM1s.

audioaddict's picture

actually i didnt get to listen with my own speakers which was a shame......the first speakers were in hughes and they were hooked up to the monitor audi bx5 with the matching cds 300 cd player ............bass was very deep although the cd player wasnt the most detailed ive heard although it was a sound i could have lived with for the money................the second speakers were the q acoustic concept 20 .........not as deep as the bx5s but still nicely balanced with plenty of punch and enough detail to satisfy.....again a nice set up for the money .............its now got me fancying the yamaha pairing becuase i refuse to spend another fortune on hifi as much as it my hobby .........they were oth systems i could live with

paulhh1967's picture
RE: yamaha cdn-500 cd player streamer ????

The CD-N500 is a very good player, better than the CD-S700 i also have. The N500 is more dynamic and open, more detail and neutral sounding. The S700 is more on the warm side and leaner, a bit dull i would say. Combined with my AS700 amp, the N500 is a better match.

The only minor thing is that some functions on the N500 remote does not work for the AS700 amp (power, volume and mute), the source function is the only one that does work.

I have connected the N500 to wireless internet with a Netgear WNCE2001 wifi adapter. Works great! no droppings/fall outs or a bad connection. Connect it with his own line adapter to the net, so no usb cable in front of the player. Wink

Use the Pure Direct function for cd, usb and net functions. The sound this player produced is sublime for it's price.

I LOVE IT!

Sebasound's picture
RE: yamaha cdn-500 cd player streamer With Spotify?

Has anyone tried the CDN 500 with Spotify?

I currently have Spotify on my Iphone and Ipod touch which i have connected to my AS500 amp through a copper cable from the headphone output  Would i be able to use them wirelessly though this streamer?

I'm hoping this will not only make things more convenient but also improve the sound quality due to the DAC in the CDN 500.  Any thoughts?

Mtenga's picture
RE: yamaha cdn-500 cd player streamer With Spotify?

I haven't seen any option for spotify. There is no airplay on this unit, just Yamahas own streaming solution.

audioaddict's picture
RE: yamaha cdn-500 cd player streamer ????

nice to see my old post keep cropping up ,i didnt realise how relevant it was when i posted it, thanks guys

Pages