6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tomas's picture
Which network player (200 Pounds max)
English

Hello,

I am looking for a cheap network player. I narrowed it down to Denon DNP 720 and Cambridge Audio NP 30. I'll be using internal DAC of my amp Rotel RA 1570 so what I am after is more function I guess/easy to use... I need it for easy access to internet radio only, maybe some music from usb. Which one would you go for? Or any other suggestion except Logitech?

Thank you,

Tomas

Denon DCD 725 -> Rotel RA-1570 -> Magnat Victory 6GBE

LG Blu-ray HR550 - 3D -> LG 3D 50PZ250

Overdose's picture
You could use an Airport

You could use an Airport Express with an iPod Touch for example. Apple refurbished Touches will be within your budget.

Al ears's picture
There is a seperate

There is a seperate subsection of the forum that might be of more help, however for your budget I think you have listed the only two options.

Oops posted before I saw Overdose's post....

Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!

Tom Evans Audio Design amplification / Acoustic Zen speakers.

Tomas's picture
Thank you, but I am mmore

Thank you, but I am mmore android guy and I have just bought Minix Neo X8 - H which would work as well. I am sorry I should have said before that I want hifi gear.

Denon DCD 725 -> Rotel RA-1570 -> Magnat Victory 6GBE

LG Blu-ray HR550 - 3D -> LG 3D 50PZ250

cheeseboy's picture
Tomas wrote:

Tomas wrote:

Thank you, but I am mmore android guy and I have just bought Minix Neo X8 - H which would work as well. I am sorry I should have said before that I want hifi gear.

when you say you want hifi gear, I take it you mean size of unit/style of unit?

Overdose's picture
Tomas wrote:

Tomas wrote:

A streamer is basically software integrated into a preamp and in the case of hifi, inflated price due to fancy casework. You already have a media player in the form of your Android device, so really only need a receiver or media player interface.

A Sonos Connect would be a good example, but above budget, so have a look at Sonos alternatives.