124 posts / 0 new
Last post
CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12441
What speakers have you owned?
English

My history looks like this:

- DIY Standmounts knocked up in design class from  RS components (1977)

- Keesonic Kubs (late 70s)

- Mission 770 (early 80s)

- Celestion SL6* (mid 80s)

- Goodmans Maxim (late 80s)

- Monitor Audio R 852MD* (late 80s)

- Kef IQ9 (mid 00s)

- Kef Ref 205/2* (2010)

- Kef LS50* (2013)

 

Are there speakers you regret getting rid of?  (No)

Have you disliked any of them?  (No)

How many pairs have you got kicking about the house?  (*4)

 

Right, it's over to you lot.......so spill.........

 

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3984
Wharfedale delta 30Celestion

Wharfedale delta 30
Celestion DL4
Mordaunt short ms10i
Kef coda 9
Mission mx2
MA BX2
Neat motive 3
Rega rs1
Rega rs3

Kef coda 9 were shocking horrible things
Neat motive 3 lovely in the dealers dem room too boomy at home
Happy with my rs3

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

matthewpiano's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2007 - 22:23
Posts: 8320
You sure you want to know

You sure you want to know this????

OK, you asked!! (not really in order)

Wharfedale Chevin
Wharfedale Diamond 8.3+ (still got) *
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (still got) *
Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 (still got) *
Mordaunt Short MS15 II
Mordaunt Short MS902i Avant (still got) *
Mordaunt Short MS914i
Mordaunt Short Aviano 1
Mordaunt Short Aviano 2
Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2
Mission 760
Mission 751
Mission 792 ^
Mission MX1
Quad 11L (still got) *
B&W DM302
B&W 686 ^
B&W 685
Roth Oli 2
Q Acoustics 2020i
Q Acoustics 1030i
Celestion County
KEF C30 (still got) *
KEF Q10
KEF Q300
KEF Cresta 1 ^
Dali Lektor 2
Dali Zensor 1
Dali Zensor 3 (current main system speakers) *
Tannoy Mercury V1
Tannoy Sensys 2 ^
Monitor Audio B2
Monitor Audio BR2
Monitor Audio BX2

I *think* that is all of them.....

Are there speakers you regret getting rid of? (MS Mezzo 2)

Have you disliked any of them? (^4)

How many pairs have you got kicking about the house? (*7)

Rega RP3/Elys 2 - Graham Slee Gram Amp 1 - Rega Apollo R - Exposure 1010 amp - Dynaudio DM2/6 - Chord Co. Chameleon VEE3/Rumour 2 - Musical Fidelity V90-HPA - Sennheiser HD595

John Duncan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 08/01/2008 - 17:25
Posts: 23065
RE: Wharfedale delta 30Celestion

Acoustic Research AR18BX (twice)

KEF Coda 7

Tannoy Revolution R2

PMC DB1+

PMC DB1i

Eltax Symphony Mini

Revolver RW33

Budget Yamaha 5.1 set

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

AVI Neutron 5

Moderator: john.duncan.whf at gmail dot com

stevebrock's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 13/11/2009 - 11:16
Posts: 3984
RE: What speakers have you owned?

Fook me

thought that was the stock list for sevenoaks

Michell / Icon Audio / Kudos

 

mpapo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 15/01/2011 - 23:06
Posts: 123
RE: You sure you want to know

KRK RP5 G2

B&W DM10

Dynaudio Contour 1.3 MK II

ATC SCM 11

Kef LS50

Event Opal (current speaker)

 

Kind of regret selling the LS50's Smile

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12441
RE: You sure you want to know

:O

MP, you are a proper enthusiast and put most of us to shame.

:cheers:

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6369
RE: You sure you want to know

matthewpiano wrote:
You sure you want to know this???? OK, you asked!! (not really in order) Wharfedale Chevin Wharfedale Diamond 8.3+ (still got) * Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (still got) * Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 (still got) * Mordaunt Short MS15 II Mordaunt Short MS902i Avant (still got) * Mordaunt Short MS914i Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 Mission 760 Mission 751 Mission 792 ^ Mission MX1 Quad 11L (still got) * B&W DM302 B&W 686 ^ B&W 685 Roth Oli 2 Q Acoustics 2020i Q Acoustics 1030i Celestion County KEF C30 (still got) * KEF Q10 KEF Q300 KEF Cresta 1 ^ Dali Lektor 2 Dali Zensor 1 Dali Zensor 3 (current main system speakers) * Tannoy Mercury V1 Tannoy Sensys 2 ^ Monitor Audio B2 Monitor Audio BR2 Monitor Audio BX2 I *think* that is all of them..... Are there speakers you regret getting rid of? (MS Mezzo 2) Have you disliked any of them? (^4) How many pairs have you got kicking about the house? (*7)

 

Whoah!

 

Estimated total cost (RRP or paid)?

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3899
RE: Tannoy M20 Gold - These were

Tannoy M20 Gold - These were big 1970's two way speakers with an 8" woofer. They had a lovely warm smooth sound with loads of bass. Not as much detail as many modern speakers but very easy and enjoyable to listen to. They were also very efficient and worked well with every hifi amplifier (and cheap all in one system) that I used them with. I regret giving them away now but the rubber surrounds had deteriorated and I couldn't be bothered to get them fixed.

.

Mission 760iSE - Small two way standmounts with a tight fast sound. Good for the price but needed a subwoofer due to lack of bass with electronic music.

.

Q Acoustics 1010i 5.1 system - A great value and enjoyable cheap and cheerful surround system. Very warm and easy to listen to but the treble lacked the necessary bite and detail needed for serious music listening. The sub was a 'one note boomer' which was fine for movies but never integrated well with music.

.

AVI Neutron Five 2.1 system - This is a damn near perfect passive 2.1 speaker system with a detailed neutral sound and plenty of dynamic range. I'm so happy with these I will keep them for the rest of my life! Even if I ever have enough money to upgrade my main system for something better in the future I would still keep these for a second system elsewhere in the house.

Hi-Fi - Teufel DecoderStation 5 > AVI DM5

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2295
RE: You sure you want to know

BenLaw wrote:

matthewpiano wrote:
You sure you want to know this???? OK, you asked!! (not really in order) Wharfedale Chevin Wharfedale Diamond 8.3+ (still got) * Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (still got) * Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 (still got) * Mordaunt Short MS15 II Mordaunt Short MS902i Avant (still got) * Mordaunt Short MS914i Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 Mission 760 Mission 751 Mission 792 ^ Mission MX1 Quad 11L (still got) * B&W DM302 B&W 686 ^ B&W 685 Roth Oli 2 Q Acoustics 2020i Q Acoustics 1030i Celestion County KEF C30 (still got) * KEF Q10 KEF Q300 KEF Cresta 1 ^ Dali Lektor 2 Dali Zensor 1 Dali Zensor 3 (current main system speakers) * Tannoy Mercury V1 Tannoy Sensys 2 ^ Monitor Audio B2 Monitor Audio BR2 Monitor Audio BX2 I *think* that is all of them..... Are there speakers you regret getting rid of? (MS Mezzo 2) Have you disliked any of them? (^4) How many pairs have you got kicking about the house? (*7)

 

Whoah!

 

Estimated total cost (RRP or paid)?

Who cares...? Wink that is not the point...

His wife might be reading this... :roll:

 

:cheers:

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

matthewpiano's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2007 - 22:23
Posts: 8320
RE: You sure you want to know

CnoEvil wrote:

:O

MP, you are a proper enthusiast and put most of us to shame.

:cheers:

More like an idiot.  It's ridiculous.

Rega RP3/Elys 2 - Graham Slee Gram Amp 1 - Rega Apollo R - Exposure 1010 amp - Dynaudio DM2/6 - Chord Co. Chameleon VEE3/Rumour 2 - Musical Fidelity V90-HPA - Sennheiser HD595

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 21/08/2009 - 18:01
Posts: 12441
RE: You sure you want to know

matthewpiano wrote:

More like an idiot.  It's ridiculous.

You're in very good company.   :doh:

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

Hi-FiOutlaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 20/04/2011 - 23:03
Posts: 2295
RE: What speakers have you owned?

In my parents house:

- several poineer and Sony, don't know the models...

 

Speakers bought with my money:

Monitor Audio 7

Monitor Audio B4

Dynaudio Excite X12

 

I don't like to change things too much... :roll:

 

Rega RP6/Goldring Elite>Clearaudio Basic Plus

Synology NAS>Rega DAC>Pathos Classic One MKIII>Dynaudio Excite X12

Thompsonuxb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 19/02/2012 - 14:24
Posts: 931
RE: What speakers have you owned?

lol.....

Mission 731 - 1st pair. fast and clean sounding

Sony 176s - 100w handling good speakers but could not handle the Yamaha dsp ax620's power.

Mission 782se - Love the soumd of them - mid drivers replaced after the orignals failed from that well known fault,

and thats it of all my components doubt Ill ever change them unless I have to.

Thompsonuxb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 19/02/2012 - 14:24
Posts: 931
RE: You sure you want to know

matthewpiano wrote:
You sure you want to know this???? OK, you asked!! (not really in order) Wharfedale Chevin Wharfedale Diamond 8.3+ (still got) * Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 (still got) * Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 (still got) * Mordaunt Short MS15 II Mordaunt Short MS902i Avant (still got) * Mordaunt Short MS914i Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 Mission 760 Mission 751 Mission 792 ^ Mission MX1 Quad 11L (still got) * B&W DM302 B&W 686 ^ B&W 685 Roth Oli 2 Q Acoustics 2020i Q Acoustics 1030i Celestion County KEF C30 (still got) * KEF Q10 KEF Q300 KEF Cresta 1 ^ Dali Lektor 2 Dali Zensor 1 Dali Zensor 3 (current main system speakers) * Tannoy Mercury V1 Tannoy Sensys 2 ^ Monitor Audio B2 Monitor Audio BR2 Monitor Audio BX2 I *think* that is all of them..... Are there speakers you regret getting rid of? (MS Mezzo 2) Have you disliked any of them? (^4) How many pairs have you got kicking about the house? (*7)

 

out of curiosity , how long do you keep each pair for?

steve_1979's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 14/07/2010 - 21:04
Posts: 3899
RE: What speakers have you owned?

Hi-FiOutlaw wrote:

...I don't like to change things too much... :roll:

Me too. Once you find something you're happy with you might as well stick with it (unless your name is Mathew of course).

Hi-Fi - Teufel DecoderStation 5 > AVI DM5

Head-Fi - Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2Di > Sennheisser HD700

Portable - Sony NWZ-A847 > Westone UM3x

Pages

Log in or register to post comments