44 posts / 0 new
Last post
acalex's picture
RE: Wadia 121 and digital preamplifier

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

Then you will finally come to see the system when I get a DS? Biggrin

:cheers:

It's been on my "Bucket List" for some time. I will expect an audiophile and gastronomic tour of the very finest that Belgium has to offer!! 8).....as well as meeting the Brussels Massive for an "excellent adventure". :dance:

How I see the trip would be something like this

- Pick up at local airport of Brussels and welcome with a full italian home-made meal with some pasta, meat/fish, homemade dessert (tiramusu), lot of great italian wine and of course espresso coffee from moka machine.

- Good listening of local systems (Jadis +SF at mine and AMS + Avalon at Roby's)

- Trip to our Audio Nirvana shop, where we could arrange a dream demo with a full reference Audio Research system driving a pair of Sonus Faber Amati Futura graphite or eventually the SF Stradivari Palladio edition (last pair available worldwide :D).

- Enjoying Belgian specialties like beer, moules frites, gauffres, carbonnade... Wink

- The best eat-out italian restaurant in Brussels (by far) with eventually nice Jazz concert in my favorite venue in Bx

Just got started... :cheers:

acalex's picture

tino wrote:

The Wadia has adjustable output levels .. does yours show 1.0, 2.0 or 4.0V on the LED display? The M2Tech has about 2.65V rms which might account for the difference in output levels and why you have to adjust the volume on the Jadis.

Nope, just a volume label with 6 blue leds...I put it on MAX volume (so all 6 leds on)

gregvet's picture

acalex wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

Then you will finally come to see the system when I get a DS? Biggrin

:cheers:

It's been on my "Bucket List" for some time. I will expect an audiophile and gastronomic tour of the very finest that Belgium has to offer!! 8).....as well as meeting the Brussels Massive for an "excellent adventure". :dance:

- Pick up at local airport of Brussels and welcome with a full italian home-made meal with some pasta, meat/fish, homemade dessert (tiramusu), lot of great italian wine and of course espresso coffee from moka machine.

- Good listening of local systems (Jadis +SF at mine and AMS + Avalon at Roby's)

- Trip to our Audio Nirvana shop, where we could arrange a dream demo with a full reference Audio Research system driving a pair of Sonus Faber Amati Futura graphite or eventually the SF Stradivari Palladio edition (last pair available worldwide :D).

- Enjoying Belgian specialties like beer, moules frites, gauffres, carbonnade... Wink

- The best eat-out italian restaurant in Brussels (by far) with eventually nice Jazz concert in my favorite venue in Bx

Can I come too please  :cheer:

Macspur's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

Realized something this morning...I need to put the volume of the Jadis quite a bit louder compared to what I was used before now that I am using the Wadia 121 in the middle, is that normal?

Volume on Wadia is 100%.

Thanks

Not a clue, just get a DS and stop messing about! :shifty: ;)

Nar! get an EMC1UP... no messing about, just take a CD from the case, pop in the machine, press play and sit back to listen to quality... simples... you know it makes sense!

LOL!

Mac

Electrocompaniet EMC1UP, Accuphase E350, Harbeth SHL5 Siltech 25th anniversary 33i XLR, Auditorium 23 SC, HiFi Racks Podium Reference rack.

CnoEvil's picture

gregvet wrote:

I'll hire a bus, and reservations will need to be made well in advance to avoid disappointment...as this is one of those events that "money can't buy". :grin:

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

CnoEvil's picture

acalex wrote:

That'll do nicely Sir!

A reciprocal arrangement will then have to be forthcoming...provided I can bribe the rather prickly Mrs. Cno. :shifty:

"We should no more let numbers define audio quality than we should let chemical analysis be the arbiter of fine wines."  Nelson Pass

CnoEvil's picture

Macspur wrote:

Nar! get an EMC1UP... no messing about, just take a CD from the case, pop in the machine, press play and sit back to listen to quality... simples... you know it makes sense!

LOL!

Mac

You're wrong, ya know!! Blum 3

acalex's picture

Macspur wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

Realized something this morning...I need to put the volume of the Jadis quite a bit louder compared to what I was used before now that I am using the Wadia 121 in the middle, is that normal?

Volume on Wadia is 100%.

Thanks

Not a clue, just get a DS and stop messing about! :shifty: ;)

LOL!

Mac

Mac, I really enjoyed the EMC1UP as it's a great cd player and also has the benefit of disappearing compleely when playing...it is also a great object but I am not really sold on CD player as I find much more convenient the streaming...or on the other side playing the vinyls if I want to enjoy the all process Biggrin

But it is indeed a great piece of kit and probably my choice if I would ever buy a CD player Wink

acalex's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

gregvet wrote:

I'll hire a bus, and reservations will need to be made well in advance to avoid disappointment...as this is one of those events that "money can't buy". :grin:

Yes it will be legendary.

I have no problem organizing if we plan all well in advance Smile

acalex's picture

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

That'll do nicely Sir! A reciprocal arrangement will then have to be forthcoming...provided I can bribe the rather prickly Mrs. Cno. :shifty:

Of course, whenever the time is right it will be a pleasure for me  :cheers:

tino's picture

acalex wrote:

tino wrote:

The Wadia has adjustable output levels .. does yours show 1.0, 2.0 or 4.0V on the LED display? The M2Tech has about 2.65V rms which might account for the difference in output levels and why you have to adjust the volume on the Jadis.

Nope, just a volume label with 6 blue leds...I put it on MAX volume (so all 6 leds on)

Hi ... Check out page 19 of the manual on how to set the output level ... http://www.moon-audio.com/Manuals/121%20User%20Manual.pdf

SBT • Wadia 151 • Aliante PF

acalex's picture

tino wrote:

acalex wrote:

tino wrote:

Hi ... Check out page 19 of the manual on how to set the output level ... http://www.moon-audio.com/Manuals/121%20User%20Manual.pdf

Great, thanks a lot for this. 

I am actually not sure what this mean...why I should want the output level to be at 4V instead of 2V? Sorry for dumb question Smile

tino's picture

I would check that it is 2V .. And not 1V ... I think that 4V is excessive and may cause clipping.

SBT • Wadia 151 • Aliante PF

acalex's picture

tino wrote:

I would check that it is 2V .. And not 1V ... I think that 4V is excessive and may cause clipping.

Now it's on 2V, but what's the difference technically between 2 and 4V? What's this voltage for? Smile

Neuphonix's picture

Alex,

I have one word for you

Akurate....... Dance 4

Stop faffing about & listen to one! I wouldn't bother with the Majik, keep on saving.

But as mentioned earlier, I doubt that any digital source is ever going to quite manage the "smoothness" of a high end turntable? :?

Pages