Have your say & ask the experts!

Tube-friendly speakers

295 replies [Last post]
CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

acalex wrote:

Just switched on the system and put a vinyl of Luka Bloom, Riverside. I am more and more impressed how much difference the Siltech cable brings when connected to the phonostage...is like a upper and lower limit has been removed and the sound is much more "dynamic" than before in terms of peaks...acoustic guitar is simply so accurate...voice goes higher without being harsh...magic is happening...

You will never convince the sceptics of this, but I know exactly what you are experiencing, except in my case, it was from my amp....must be a shared illusion.

It might be worth asking your Jadis dealer what he has found re power cords and your particular amp.

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

acalex's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1591
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

Just switched on the system and put a vinyl of Luka Bloom, Riverside. I am more and more impressed how much difference the Siltech cable brings when connected to the phonostage...is like a upper and lower limit has been removed and the sound is much more "dynamic" than before in terms of peaks...acoustic guitar is simply so accurate...voice goes higher without being harsh...magic is happening...

You will never convince the sceptics of this, but I know exactly what you are experiencing, except in my case, it was from my amp....must be a shared illusion.

It might be worth asking your Jadis dealer what he has found re power cords and your particular amp.

Good idea, I will send an email now!

When there is no music playing everything is so quiet that when a new instrument kicks in I almost get scared by the impact...I also moved up the ladder with the 550i interconnect now (as I gave the 330i to Rob)  rolling on the floor laughing

acalex's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1591
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

It is still improving as it's warming up...oh my god the acoustig guitar is absolutely amazing...so clear and musical...voice is growing in presence and warmth...every instrument has its place but the mix is so musical..... party time!

When the guitar is pinched you can really feel the vibrations and the intensity the guitarist is using to play...can't describe this but I am loving it so much...it seems like the system was constantly on handbreak before these last few days...

But I am sure it's all an impression and it is just a placebo effect...nothing of this is real...  doh!

oldric_naubhoff's picture
Offline
Joined: 12 Mar 2011
Posts: 1134
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

and I'm constantly wondering why none of the "audiophile" cables manufacturers (with exception of of Atlas and Kimber, and maybe few others that I'm not aware of) never give measurements of their products. I would most gladly see frequency responses of those "wonders". also it would be good to find out about relation between inductance and capacitance.

__________________

Giro, InTheGroove, Digit, ClassicOne, MG12

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

oldric_naubhoff wrote:

and I'm constantly wondering why none of the "audiophile" cables manufacturers (with exception of of Atlas and Kimber, and maybe few others that I'm not aware of) never give measurements of their products. I would most gladly see frequency responses of those "wonders". also it would be good to find out about relation between inductance and capacitance.

Cardas give fairly comprehensive info about their products.....and I agree with you about Atlas. I have met John Carrick, and he knows his stuff (as well as being a gentleman).

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

acalex's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1591
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

Just an update of my cables research...for sure the SPX800 is a keeper, the difference behind the phonostage is huge...haven't decided for the amp yet. Quite unimpressed with the Black Mamba to be honest...it didn't bring that much I was expecting...I might just stick a good copper cable behind it (around 100 euro).

Still open the loudpseaker/interconnect...with Siltech 550L/i being the sweet spot probably for me. The difference between the 770i and the 550i is noticeable but not enough to justify the price difference between the two cables...

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

acalex wrote:

.I might just stick a good copper cable behind it (around 100 euro).

For a little under your budget, I recommend this:

http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3

For a little over (my preference):

http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4

Nb. Can be bought on 60 day trial.....have a word with Darren if you wish (knowledgeable and helpful)

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

acalex's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1591
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

.I might just stick a good copper cable behind it (around 100 euro).

For a little under your budget, I recommend this:

http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3

For a little over (my preference):

http://www.cleareraudio.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4

Nb. Can be bought on 60 day trial.....have a word with Darren if you wish (knowledgeable and helpful)

Might be interesting if they also ship to Belgium and also here the 60 day money back guarantee is valid...I will try to talk to Darren.

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

Tell him what your amp is, the wall plug you have, and the fuse rating you need (if applicable).

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

acalex's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1591
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

CnoEvil wrote:
Tell him what your amp is, the wall plug you have, and the fuse rating you need (if applicable).

Can I mention that you gave me suggestion to contact him? Always works better...  Smile

Thanks

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

acalex wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:
Tell him what your amp is, the wall plug you have, and the fuse rating you need (if applicable).

Can I mention that you gave me suggestion to contact him? Always works better...  Smile

Thanks

If you like, but he will have no idea who CnoEvil is....and even with my real name, he mightn't remember.

I remember him though as being very sound and helpful to deal with...it's worth asking if he has anything lying around he can do a deal on.....I mooched one that had been a cancelled special order.

Any word from Vertere?......i hope I picked up the email address correctly!

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

acalex's picture
Offline
Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 1591
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

CnoEvil wrote:

acalex wrote:

CnoEvil wrote:
Tell him what your amp is, the wall plug you have, and the fuse rating you need (if applicable).

Can I mention that you gave me suggestion to contact him? Always works better...  Smile

Thanks

If you like, but he will have no idea who CnoEvil is....and even with my real name, he mightn't remember.

I remember him though as being very sound and helpful to deal with...it's worth asking if he has anything lying around he can do a deal on.....I mooched one that had been a cancelled special order.

Any word from Vertere?......i hope I picked up the email address correctly!

Ah ok, I though you knew him in person. No problem that, I will drop him a line and see how he reacts, thanks a lot for that.

This cable looks like a real nice one, dod you ever try one?

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

acalex wrote:

Ah ok, I though you knew him in person. No problem that, I will drop him a line and see how he reacts, thanks a lot for that.

I've dealt with him a bit by phone, so know him on that level.

acalex wrote:

This cable looks like a real nice one, dod you ever try one?

If you are referring to the mains cable....I have a Copper-Line and a couple of Copper-Line Alphas.

Copper Line Alpha with Furtech plug on TV

Copper Line Alpha on Sub

Copper Line with Furutech F8 on Skybox.

IMO. The quality of the connectors on the ends makes a marked difference...though the best ones are pretty expensive......you need to talk this over with Darren in order to see what is likely to suit.

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

CnoEvil's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 11426
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

acalex wrote:

Ah ok, I though you knew him in person. No problem that, I will drop him a line and see how he reacts, thanks a lot for that.

I've dealt with him a bit by phone, so know him on that level.

acalex wrote:

This cable looks like a real nice one, dod you ever try one?

If you are referring to the mains cable....I have a Copper-Line and a couple of Copper-Line Alphas.

Copper Line Alpha with Furtech plug on TV

Copper Line Alpha Plus on Sub

Copper Line with Furutech F8 on Skybox.

IMO. The quality of the connectors on the ends make a marked difference...though the best ones are pretty expensive......you need to talk this over with Darren in order to see what is likely to suit.

__________________

"Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again."  André Gide

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5951
RE: Tube-friendly speakers

What difference did the copper line alpha make to your tv and what additional difference was there when you added the furutech plug?

__________________

HiFi   /   A/V   /   Bedroom