Have your say & ask the experts!

The Latest Purchase - Onkyo TX-NR818

237 replies [Last post]
the record spot's picture
RE: The Latest Purchase - Onkyo TX-NR818

That just sounds like so creepy (as my American friend would say)!

Onkyo TX-NR818 / Tannoy DC4 speakers / Marantz UD-7007

AVI Lab Series & Marantz CD63 MkII KI CD players / various cables 

GMK
GMK's picture

Is it a bird? Is it a plane?........No it's anthrax

Jon Smith's picture

Did you bi-amp in the end? Did it make much of a difference?

the record spot's picture

Yes, I bi-amped and I felt it was a good move. More body to music, so I think the extra amps worked in my favour. Still delighted with it. And there's a new addition to come tomorrow... not an amp though.  :-) 

Onkyo TX-NR818 / Tannoy DC4 speakers / Marantz UD-7007

AVI Lab Series & Marantz CD63 MkII KI CD players / various cables 

rendu's picture

Anderson wrote:

Is rendu autistic?

Are you a bit r*tarded maybe and need help from someone else?  Otherwise, you can ask me directly.  I am all ears!

Onkyo 818, Dali Ikon 1, Dali suite C0.7, Wharfedale DFS and Wharfedale SW150.  Synology 112J NAS with 2 TB WD red HD.  PS3 slim. Harmony 600, Optoma HD65 proyector.

Sonic impact T-amp with Whafedale 9SR.

Anderson's picture

It's right there, fell free to answer.

MEOW

rendu's picture

Anderson wrote:

It's right there, fell free to answer.

Definetly r*tarded!   You can replace the "*" by an "e" just in case you have not figured it out.

Onkyo 818, Dali Ikon 1, Dali suite C0.7, Wharfedale DFS and Wharfedale SW150.  Synology 112J NAS with 2 TB WD red HD.  PS3 slim. Harmony 600, Optoma HD65 proyector.

Anderson's picture

I work with an austistic fellow, your posting style reminds me of him, he can get quite worked up over the simplest things too. It was an open question, I didn't mean to exclude you from feeling like you could answer sorry for upsetting you.

Can we start again? Are you autistic? Smile

MEOW

rendu's picture

Anderson wrote:
I work with an austistic fellow, your posting style reminds me of him, he can get quite worked up over the simplest things too. It was an open question, I didn't mean to exclude you from feeling like you could answer sorry for upsetting you. Can we start again? Are you autistic? Smile

Your original post was deleted by mods and I hope that this one will be too. 

Paul.'s picture

I'm trying to join the 818 club, but can't find one anywhere Sad

Paul's system thread

(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page

Anderson's picture

You're coming across quite defensive, fwiw I think mental health issues arent something to joke about, I think it's a shame you would lower yourself as you have above particularly considering your predicament. If someone reaches out to you, let them in. Doesn't have to be me, could be anyone you trust. You can message me in private of you like, I can point you towards a few resources. Peace Smile

MEOW

Anderson's picture

Paul. wrote:

I found this on Google Shopping http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/?google=13647&gclid=CJDTioiny7oCFdPItAodQHAAxg

MEOW

rendu's picture

Anderson wrote:

You're coming across quite defensive, fwiw I think mental health issues arent something to joke about, I think it's a shame you would lower yourself as you have above particularly considering your predicament. If someone reaches out to you, let them in. Doesn't have to be me, could be anyone you trust. You can message me in private of you like, I can point you towards a few resources. Peace Smile

The only one here with mental health issues is yourself.  By the way, the lowest you can get in this forums is when your posts get deleted.

Anderson's picture

Like I say, I still extend my hand to you, I understand it can be embaressing to address issues like this in public.

http://www.autism.org.uk/

The whole 'lowest you can go' is that how you feel, would you say that it would be fair of me if I said that implied that you believed a post on a message boards holds weight with say a real life interaction, would you see it as a great insult if one of your posts were to be deleted? I wouldn't wish that on you, but you might want to edit your more abrasive posts above, I don't want you to get upset friend.  Smile

MEOW

Paul.'s picture

Anderson wrote:

Paul. wrote:

I found this on Google Shopping http://www.stoneaudio.co.uk/?google=13647&gclid=CJDTioiny7oCFdPItAodQHAAxg

Thanks for looking, I should revise my statement to "I cant find one for sensible money" Smile A month a go these amps were selling for £599, at that price they were a steal but it looks like they are now all gone.

Paul's system thread

(where the photos live) Paul's Flickr page