68 posts / 0 new
Last post
antskip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 09/12/2011 - 20:52
Posts: 42
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

For a few days I had a terrible time with my Tellurium Q Blacks, as they at first sounded just terrible - like having a metallic sheen over everything. But suddenly a few days later (leaving the amp on 24/7 helped!), the clouds lifted and I heard the beautiful silky pure sound they are famous for (I didn't change a thing). But as my KEF LS50's are so bright and my amp and cd player a bit agricultural, I am upgrading to the Q Greens which I have been told are a little more forgiving than the Blacks -  but with even more musical ability. I am also adding Black interconnect RCA audio cables. Tellurium support has been very helpful.

These cables really do need time to become themselves / "disappear" and "revealing". I am surprised when people report an immediate miracle with the Q's. It wasn't so with me. When my Greens arrive I am going to be more patient this time -  I have heard they take even longer than the Blacks to behave (smile)!

Given my budget restraints and present and future hardware (probably the Rega Brio-R and Apollo-R combo), going higher up the Tellurium quality/cost hierarchy  than the Greens is not in my plans at all, but those with very expensive systems IMHO should seriously consider the Ultra-Black and beyond.

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1549
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

Hi all I have just picked up a 5 meter loan pair of telluriam q black speaker cables which Ive swapped my old mission solid core cables for and as soon as I fired up my system and I am sitting on the right hand side of my left speaker the massive sound stage  just exploded into the room I wasn't expecting to here much of a change as I was of the opinion that a speaker cable wouldn't have such a big effect I have had the mission cable for 15/20 years and never gave a thought to changing them I do follow people on this forum who post there finding and there posts have inspired me to give the tulluriams a try and I am glad that I did I will have a couple of weeks to make my mind up.I would like to thank every one who has posted about these cables :cheers:  Guys 

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 733
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

:cheers:

Main system: MF AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT cables

Bedroom: Laptop / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF ls50 / TQ black / Sennheiser momentum  / Qobuz

 

 

ISAC69's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 13/03/2012 - 17:55
Posts: 684
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

The Q black in first sound metalic but they aren't , they completely  natural and neutral and present the music as it sould be without any artificial coloration . you have to get use to it . 

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 > Rotel RC 1580 > Rotel RB 1582 > Rotel RCD 1520 > B&W P7 >Tellurium Q & WireWorld cables   

 

BronC's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 26/06/2010 - 08:11
Posts: 99
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

antskip wrote:

For a few days I had a terrible time with my Tellurium Q Blacks, as they at first sounded just terrible - like having a metallic sheen over everything. But suddenly a few days later (leaving the amp on 24/7 helped!), the clouds lifted and I heard the beautiful silky pure sound they are famous for (I didn't change a thing). But as my KEF LS50's are so bright and my amp and cd player a bit agricultural, I am upgrading to the Q Greens which I have been told are a little more forgiving than the Blacks -  but with even more musical ability. I am also adding Black interconnect RCA audio cables. Tellurium support has been very helpful.

These cables really do need time to become themselves / "disappear" and "revealing". I am surprised when people report an immediate miracle with the Q's. It wasn't so with me. When my Greens arrive I am going to be more patient this time -  I have heard they take even longer than the Blacks to behave (smile)!

Given my budget restraints and present and future hardware (probably the Rega Brio-R and Apollo-R combo), going higher up the Tellurium quality/cost hierarchy  than the Greens is not in my plans at all, but those with very expensive systems IMHO should seriously consider the Ultra-Black and beyond.

Antskip - how are the Greens?
antskip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 09/12/2011 - 20:52
Posts: 42
RE: Tellurium Q black

BronC wrote:
Antskip - how are the Greens?

The Greens are everything Tellurium said they would be - the amazing sound of the Blacks plus a much more forgiving nature. Right out of the box, even on my old hardware, the Greens gave a glorious musically satisfying sound. Nothing I throw at them they don't enjoy. They also enjoyed both my old hardware and my new. I find that they are not only much more tolerant than the Blacks, but have added depth. However, I grew to love the Blacks, despite their dislike of poor hardware and recordings. I occasionally swapped them out to compare to standard cables, and quickly returned to the Blacks. The Greens replaced the Blacks, and remained ever since. I have no doubt if I were to have the next level up of hardware, I would be looking to the Ultra-Blacks...As things are, I think the Greens are a very good match.   

lesmallett's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2010 - 15:55
Posts: 99
RE: Tellurium Q black

How do you find the TQ Black interconnects? Currently have the Chord Anthem 2 and wondering if it is worth changing them to match my TQ Black Speaker cable.

Have you tried the links also? Again have the Chord Signiture links and pretty sure it isn't worth changing except I like stuff to match.

iceman16's picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 08/02/2011 - 12:55
Posts: 733
RE: Tellurium Q black RE: Tellurium Q black

lesmallett wrote:

How do you find the TQ Black interconnects? Currently have the Chord Anthem 2 and wondering if it is worth changing them to match my TQ Black Speaker cable.

Have you tried the links also? Again have the Chord Signiture links and pretty sure it isn't worth changing except I like stuff to match.

I used to have them both. The TQ black is a bit more refined and less edgy compare to Chord Anthem2 IMO.:)

Main system: MF AMS 35i / Focal 1028be / Electrocompaniet EMC 1UP / MIT cables

Bedroom: Laptop / Chord gem / Rega Brio-r / KEF ls50 / TQ black / Sennheiser momentum  / Qobuz

 

 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6326
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

ISAC69 wrote:

The Q black in first sound metalic but they aren't , they completely  natural and neutral and present the music as it sould be without any artificial coloration . you have to get use to it . 

 

If these cables are 'completely natural and neutral' and 'present the music without any artificial colouration', why would anyone ever need to buy a more expensive cable?

ISAC69's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 13/03/2012 - 17:55
Posts: 684
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

For their price this  is a real bargain for mid price hi fi systen  if you have more serious hi fi / hi end system go for more expensive cables sure

the results will be  better . I am talking about value for money I didn't said that the Q balck are the best cabels around !

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 > Rotel RC 1580 > Rotel RB 1582 > Rotel RCD 1520 > B&W P7 >Tellurium Q & WireWorld cables   

 

Bodfish's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 25/06/2009 - 07:55
Posts: 436
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

BenLaw wrote:
If these cables are 'completely natural and neutral' and 'present the music without any artificial colouration', why would anyone ever need to buy a more expensive cable?

If only I'd known that before I bought my Ultra Black  :doh: Wink

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6326
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

ISAC69 wrote:

For their price this  is a real bargain for mid price hi fi systen  if you have more serious hi fi / hi end system go for more expensive cables sure

the results will be  better . I am talking about value for money I didn't said that the Q balck are the best cabels around !

 

I'm confused, you said they were completely natural and neutral and have no colouration, but now you say they can be improved upon. What in fact then are their deficiencies?

toyota man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 22/04/2009 - 22:55
Posts: 1549
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

The telluriam q black are even better than at first I thought even off axis they produce a good image  tonight I turned everything on before doing our weekly food shop at about 6 oclock and started listening  at 10 oclock and the difference is  quited marked everything seems cleaner sharper the bass  is more punchy vocals are better defined and this is at low volume . from what Ive read on this forum the greens are even better I would like to try some but our local hifi shop   Martins do not stock em so no can do Smile  

ISAC69's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 13/03/2012 - 17:55
Posts: 684
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

I just receive my PROAC STUDIO 140 MK2 today and it sounds amazing with the Tellurium Q Black , this cabels bring excellent results without throwing away ridiculous amount  of money on expensive cabels .

 

Hi Fi : Proac Studio 140MK2 > Rotel RC 1580 > Rotel RB 1582 > Rotel RCD 1520 > B&W P7 >Tellurium Q & WireWorld cables   

 

BenLaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 21/11/2010 - 20:21
Posts: 6326
RE: Tellurium Q black..Any thoughts?

ISAC69 wrote:

For their price this  is a real bargain for mid price hi fi systen  if you have more serious hi fi / hi end system go for more expensive cables sure

the results will be  better . I am talking about value for money I didn't said that the Q balck are the best cabels around !

 

I'm confused, you said they were completely natural and neutral and have no colouration, but now you say they can be improved upon. What in fact then are their deficiencies?

Pages

Log in or register to post comments