11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 2815
Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

Nice review in WHFSAV but do these beasties actually exist.
The link on the review page just puts you through to Tannoy's home page and, as far as I can see, there is no mention of these speakers anywhere on the site.
The bog-standard DC6T's are there along with the signature version but no SE's.

Come on Andrew do tell if they are fabulous, in the real sense of the word, or name a few stockists it they do exist!

Loads of second hand expensive kit!

hoopsontoast's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/10/2011 - 13:08
Posts: 882
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

A 5-second google search -

 

https://www.forumhifivisual.co.uk/prod.asp?product_idx=3818

http://exceptional-av.co.uk/product.php?fdProductId=1098

 

Maybe not listed on usual sites as they are not out at dealers yet?

Andy Clough's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 27/04/2004 - 16:13
Posts: 6658
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

Well they certainly exist as we've had them in for review, I'll flag this up with Tannoy and find out which dealers have stock.

Editor-in-Chief of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision and whathifi.com

TheHomeCinemaCentre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/10/2008 - 20:34
Posts: 1485
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

They do ( and at £999 rather than the £950 in the review). Stock should be in stores w/b 20th August.

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 2815
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

TheHomeCinemaCentre wrote:

They do ( and at £999 rather than the £950 in the review). Stock should be in stores w/b 20th August.

Many thanks for that. As previously stated a couple of sites appear to list them but don't actually have any for sale.

I would certainly like to get to find a dealer that actually has them in stock so I can audition a pair but if you say 20th I guess I'm going to have to wait a while.

'Tis very strange they do not yet appear on Tannoy website though. This would normally be the first place to look.

Loads of second hand expensive kit!

TheHomeCinemaCentre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/10/2008 - 20:34
Posts: 1485
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

I mentioned it to Tannoy so you should see the information soon, more than likely as the first batch hits the shops. The 20th is not too far away and I suspect worth the wait. I will try to add my views to this post when we get ours and have had a chance to compare to the other speakers at this price point.

Al ears's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 23/11/2008 - 19:20
Posts: 2815
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

hoopsontoast wrote:

A 5-second google search -

 

https://www.forumhifivisual.co.uk/prod.asp?product_idx=3818

http://exceptional-av.co.uk/product.php?fdProductId=1098

 

Maybe not listed on usual sites as they are not out at dealers yet?

Done that but neither has them in stock so cannot go and hear / buy them, until the end of the month apparently.

So, realistically, they do not exist!

Loads of second hand expensive kit!

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11134
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

Even though they're a floorstander, I'm interested in trying them against the KEF R300's at the same price when they turn up seeing as they're both of a coincident design.

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

L00k_C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2012 - 11:16
Posts: 238
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

Even though they're a floorstander, I'm interested in trying them against the KEF R300's at the same price when they turn up seeing as they're both of a coincident design.

 

Have you had the chance of testing the TANNOYS DC6t SE with Kef's R300?

I am more interested in compairing them to KEF's R500 and R700 as I belive are the main rivals. Or am i wrong?

David@FrankHarvey's picture
Online
Last seen: 6 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 27/06/2008 - 11:03
Posts: 11134
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

L00k_C wrote:
Have you had the chance of testing the TANNOYS DC6t SE with Kef's R300?

I am more interested in compairing them to KEF's R500 and R700 as I belive are the main rivals. Or am i wrong?

I've not had a chance yet - its been very busy lately and I didn't even get a chance to try out the FS104 stands properly either, and we had those on loan for about 6 weeks!

DavidF @FrankHarveyHiFi, Coventry.

"Long is the way, and hard, that out of hell leads up to light"

L00k_C's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2012 - 11:16
Posts: 238
RE: Tannoy Revolution DC6T SE's, myth or reality?

FrankHarveyHiFi wrote:

L00k_C wrote:
Have you had the chance of testing the TANNOYS DC6t SE with Kef's R300?

I am more interested in compairing them to KEF's R500 and R700 as I belive are the main rivals. Or am i wrong?

I've not had a chance yet - its been very busy lately and I didn't even get a chance to try out the FS104 stands properly either, and we had those on loan for about 6 weeks!

Drop us a line if you ever do.... :cheers:

Log in or register to post comments