21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Reggie Mental's picture
RE: Stereo Amplifier to match B&W Dm601 S2

Michaelholder1 wrote:

Ah ok, well I have a REL strata 1 which has a high level input and high level bass cut output. So would i take my speaker cable from my amp, to my sub, high level input, then from my sub to my low frequency speaker?

I wouln't mess with the direct speaker connection. You can wire the high level input to the back of the speakers or the amp. Makes no difference either way.

Michaelholder1's picture

Oh so you mean, get an amp with 2 channels? The only problem with that is would it not be better to use the amp already in the sub? I'm not exactly sure how you're suggesting i wire it up. The connections  on my sub are high level in, with 2 high level (L+R x 2) bass cut outputs, and one stereo line level in phono input. So if im biamping my speakers, and therefore have no preouts left, how would i add my sub to the equation?

Reggie Mental's picture

A sub with high level connections connects to the speaker outs. This still uses the amp in the sub. If you are biamping use the bass speaker connections from both channels.

Michaelholder1's picture

Do you mean outputs on the speaker? Didnt realise hifi speaker had outputs? Sorry I've been doing matlab computer programming all day and my brain isnt working; im not following you at all, i need a picture haha.

Reggie Mental's picture

You connect the sub to the left and right speaker connections.

Pages